[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyarkhangel

Hello, Rikiki!

Please, update mechanoid terraformer and caveworldflora.

We made full translation into keyed, and now possible to translate this mods for all languages:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u9nbhivadrb2zk/Mechanoid%20terraformer%20-%20caveworldflora.rar?dl=0

Thank you!

Rikiki

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 16, 2015, 03:17:43 PM
Well you see, when you butcher a tailteeth for example, you get LOTS and i mean LOTS of meat, if you butcher 5 blueblade you get around 50 something fillets, and by having 1 fisher, i have more meat than if i was to hunt all of the map's wildlife combined >_<
Mmh, you get only 150 meat for 1 the tailteeth. This is equivalent to a boomalope. Given the low chance to catch a tailteeth and its size (I imagine it the size of a crocodile), I don't see where is the problem.

About the balance, I can still lower the catch success rate. I must experiment with it more for myself.
However, when I order to hunt a herd of 5 muffalo, it will take me 2 days and my fridge will be full of meat for several days.

MultiDavid

Quote from: Rikiki on September 18, 2015, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: MultiDavid on September 16, 2015, 03:17:43 PM
Well you see, when you butcher a tailteeth for example, you get LOTS and i mean LOTS of meat, if you butcher 5 blueblade you get around 50 something fillets, and by having 1 fisher, i have more meat than if i was to hunt all of the map's wildlife combined >_<
Mmh, you get only 150 meat for 1 the tailteeth. This is equivalent to a boomalope. Given the low chance to catch a tailteeth and its size (I imagine it the size of a crocodile), I don't see where is the problem.

About the balance, I can still lower the catch success rate. I must experiment with it more for myself.
However, when I order to hunt a herd of 5 muffalo, it will take me 2 days and my fridge will be full of meat for several days.

Yeah but think about it this way: Fishing spots never run out, animals do, thus making fishing better than hunting, not to mention you cannot get injured while fishing, and fish sell extremely well.

zenfur

Yeah, I agree with David. The issue is, that fishing (assuming you have a pod large enough to have fishing piers) in comparison to hunting:

• is safe
  • is reliable - fish never run out
  • is on spot - you can set up kitchen/base right next to the fish source so it saves a lot of time walking
The only hunting advantage over fishing is that you get extra $$$ for leathers.

I've had around 7-9 fishermen single handedly feeding 110 colonists + 50 prisoners colony on the desert, while with hunting it would never be possible.

Also in my opinion hydroponics completely sucks in comparison to fishing: it requires tons of time, tons of food and power to brew single fish, while fisherman would get tons of them.

I could suggest 2 solutions for tuning fishing down:

• make chances of catching better fish (tailteeth) much more dependant on the fishermen' skill and tool type/quality. Make it so that it's much more difficult to catch something big with primitive tools or fishing skills, while masterful fishermen could fish better than current ones
  • possibly add fish population mechanics in fishing piers which would affect fishing chance and regenerate faster the bigger the water reservoir is.

btw: here's the colony: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2824.msg160798#msg160798
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

MultiDavid

I think some fish should only be catchable during certain seasons, tailteeth during spring for example.

The limited fish population i do not like, i believe simply nerfing the fishing speed by 30% so is enough, while buffing aquaponics ( i believe is what its called ), which could be as simple as add fish eggs that can only hatch in man-made aquatic areas, which makes sense with the game since there is stuff like wargs or megascarabs.

zenfur

Yeah. To be honest, I also don't like limiting population, but it would solve the problem :)
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

ProtoTypeRaavyn

I can't seem to make my people fish. I have like 50 rods made and still no fish.

Rikiki

Quote from: ProtoTypeRaavyn on September 21, 2015, 02:58:06 PM
I can't seem to make my people fish. I have like 50 rods made and still no fish.
Have you tried to equip one of your colonist with a rod? ::)

LustrousWolf

Since fishing is a different skill, could you maybe add in some child hood and adult hood backgrounds so there are some pawns good at fishing? because i can never find a good fisher and end up leaving this mod out till like end game where i finally find a decent fisher xD

Rikiki

Hi all, my last mod has been released. :)
Let's organize some fun campfire parties! 8)

About Fish Industry: following your suggestions, I am testing the "limited fishstock" feature.
With my calculations, "sea fishing" will provide an average of 80 food units per day while "marsh fishing" will only provide 40.
I will probably release it tomorrow. :)

MultiDavid

Quote from: Rikiki on September 27, 2015, 05:02:28 PM
Hi all, my last mod has been released. :)
Let's organize some fun campfire parties! 8)

About Fish Industry: following your suggestions, I am testing the "limited fishstock" feature.
With my calculations, "sea fishing" will provide an average of 80 food units per day while "marsh fishing" will only provide 40.
I will probably release it tomorrow. :)

Oh ? What is considered sea fishing btw ?

skyarkhangel

LOL! Great idea, rikiki! :)
Texture:

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rampart

Really liking the Fungi mod, I like the additional harvesting options that they bring, and I love the lighting effect around my base.
suggestion:
1x1 fungi basins that grow decorative fungi that have either a random or specified grow color. Minor source of light and beauty, I suggest nightlight shroom :)

small bug I found:
if you build a floor (carpet, tiles, etc) or smooth the stone underneath the fungiponic basins they stop working. I think it's cause your code causes the shrooms to not see that as a viable growing surface anymore despite being in a basin.

Again, great mod.

Rikiki

Hi Rampart!
Thanks for the report, I will have to investigate the flooring impact on shroom growing. :P

I will consider your decorative shroom idea for next release but I fear it may be too redundant with the vanilla flower pot and may require too much effort to create a specific shroom pot only for decorative purpose. Good idea anyway, I like it! :)

TheGrover

Quote from: Rikiki on August 02, 2015, 03:11:44 PM
@1000101: excellent idea! :D I will do this for the next update.

@Quoth: don't worry, there is no virus in my mods ;) What is your browser?

@Stephanuz: you should get some info in the inspection panel if something is wrong.
To breed the fishes:
* you need a LOT of food (about 30 per day, consumed in 1 time) so make sure your hopper(s) are filled up.
* temperature must be in range [0°; 40°C].
* the basin must be powered.
The microfungus event may disturb it! ;)
Can you post a screenshot with the temperature highlighted?

little bit of an old bump, im having a similar issue:

Basin is stocked with eggs, three other basins in the same room, plenty food in the hopper (though a stack of corn AND a stack of potatoes), temperature is well maintained at 20-21 deg and everything is powered. as soon as i add eggs, the fish health deteriorates and soon they are all dead fishes :(

any ideas on the cause?