You don't need to build so many grave or dumping area

Started by halida, November 30, 2013, 05:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halida

I found the dead body and the stones have HP, so I let one of my soldier use frag grenade to shoot the area.
After 4 or 5 shoot, the dead body will die again.

nnescio

Quote from: halida on November 30, 2013, 05:24:22 AM
I found the dead body and the stones have HP, so I let one of my soldier use frag grenade to shoot the area.

Fire works better on bodies. As for rubble/debris, well, they are a pain the rear end to clear (due to requiring multiple explosions) but they work very well as substitutes for sandbags, as they don't need any maintenance.

Rubble/debris only offer a maximum of 40% cover though, vs 60% for sandbags. This does make rubble/debris ideal for slowing down raiders.

ShadowDragon8685

Halida, there's an easy trick to corpse disposal.

Combine your killing field and your graveyard. Not only will those who die in the right spot atop the grave fall right in and fill it automatically, but if you're using a line of explosives with graves to both sides, firing off the explosives will empty the graves. It's like a self-cleaning oven. For corpses.
Raiders must die!

KeoLegend

i found an easier way!
Make ure base with only one door, so the enemy will prioritize it! Than put 4 charges that can blow the same spot (one tile above the door). When all off them group to destroy ure door activate the charges. If you use 4 in a row they'll be auto-DESTROYED and will VANISH from the map, along with weapons and debris. Using this strategy u can pretty much never be bothered by raiders again

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: KeoLegend on November 30, 2013, 04:42:52 PM

i found an easier way!
Make ure base with only one door, so the enemy will prioritize it! Than put 4 charges that can blow the same spot (one tile above the door). When all off them group to destroy ure door activate the charges. If you use 4 in a row they'll be auto-DESTROYED and will VANISH from the map, along with weapons and debris. Using this strategy u can pretty much never be bothered by raiders again

And then you never get to collect their weapons. Why again would you do that?
Raiders must die!

DeltaV

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 30, 2013, 05:05:11 PM

i found an easier way!

Maybe detonate two to kill the raiders, collect weapons, and then detonate the other two to destroy the bodies?
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: DeltaV on November 30, 2013, 08:57:44 PM
Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 30, 2013, 05:05:11 PM

i found an easier way!

Maybe detonate two to kill the raiders, collect weapons, and then detonate the other two to destroy the bodies?

You'd have to rebuild the bombs twice, because explosives in their own explosive radius blow each other up.
Raiders must die!

halida

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 30, 2013, 06:59:13 AM

Combine your killing field and your graveyard. Not only will those who die in the right spot atop the grave fall right in and fill it automatically, but if you're using a line of explosives with graves to both sides, firing off the explosives will empty the graves. It's like a self-cleaning oven. For corpses.

WoW, that is an easy way. I will use this design.

theranged

Close,  I just had a lot of 'success' with using 3. I would collect the weapons and then put bodies in gillets.  That being said, there's a huge weakness...  if you have large groups of raiders, they might reach the door at different times and some will break through the door before you detonate.  I just lost a 70 day camp because of that :)

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: theranged on December 01, 2013, 11:30:13 AM

Close,  I just had a lot of 'success' with using 3. I would collect the weapons and then put bodies in gillets.  That being said, there's a huge weakness...  if you have large groups of raiders, they might reach the door at different times and some will break through the door before you detonate.  I just lost a 70 day camp because of that :)

Use an airlock system with more than one door. So they break through one door into a chamber precisely sized for the blast radius with another door in it.
Raiders must die!

Ric

Quote from: halida on December 01, 2013, 05:28:27 AM

Beware. While using this method is effective it can get really annoying having them die all over the grave areas as you then can't box select to allow your colonists access to them. It always just selects the graves :\

Very annoying when you have 80 raiders to clean up & can only double click things..lol..

nnescio

Quote from: Ric on December 03, 2013, 05:16:59 AM
Quote from: halida on December 01, 2013, 05:28:27 AM

Beware. While using this method is effective it can get really annoying having them die all over the grave areas as you then can't box select to allow your colonists access to them. It always just selects the graves :\

Very annoying when you have 80 raiders to clean up & can only double click things..lol..

Sell one of the graves. Now you can double-click on a corpse to select all of them on screen (up to a limit). Rebuild the grave afterwards.

Ric

Quote from: nnescio on December 03, 2013, 05:40:28 AM
Quote from: Ric on December 03, 2013, 05:16:59 AM

Sell one of the graves. Now you can double-click on a corpse to select all of them on screen (up to a limit). Rebuild the grave afterwards.

Its the guns aswell unfortunately. Not a bad idea though, thx.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: Ric on December 03, 2013, 05:16:59 AMBeware. While using this method is effective it can get really annoying having them die all over the grave areas as you then can't box select to allow your colonists access to them. It always just selects the graves :\

In my experience, at least one of them dies on an otherwise unremarkable tile and you can just double-click on it to group-select all the corpses around him. Shovel the corpses in first, then double-click on individually fallen weapons to group-unforbid weapons of that type.
Raiders must die!