[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

Quote from: AllenWL on June 13, 2015, 11:47:17 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 13, 2015, 02:31:36 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on June 13, 2015, 01:46:44 AM
I just realized, but all card tables boost research?

They do, so does chess. It's very slow, though. Think of how doing crossword puzzles or sudoku keeps your mind sharp; it's because you're using cognitive processes, not just staring blankly at a TV.
I was just thinking how having a bunch of different looking tables that pretty much have the same effect was kinda.. bland
Pity we don't have stuff like intellect or whatever.

Agreed. Only having one table for colonists to sit down at and play either alone or together is also bland, though. It's more for aesthetic; the only reason any of the tables and arcades give skill points is because I saw the chess table gave a small amount of research. Not enough to level up to a legendary researcher, but enough that your level 12 researcher stays at level 12. I loved the idea, so I ran with it.

RimColony boosts Social, not Research, btw.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

- Updated to v2.01. The only change is the RimColony reportString from "Playing go" to "Playing RimColony"

- Added an optional patch file for v2.0x that removes skill gains from all objects
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

AllenWL

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 13, 2015, 12:13:25 PM
Quote from: AllenWL on June 13, 2015, 11:47:17 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on June 13, 2015, 01:46:44 AM
I just realized, but all card tables boost research?

They do, so does chess. It's very slow, though. Think of how doing crossword puzzles or sudoku keeps your mind sharp; it's because you're using cognitive processes, not just staring blankly at a TV.
I was just thinking how having a bunch of different looking tables that pretty much have the same effect was kinda.. bland
Pity we don't have stuff like intellect or whatever.

Agreed. Only having one table for colonists to sit down at and play either alone or together is also bland, though. It's more for aesthetic; the only reason any of the tables and arcades give skill points is because I saw the chess table gave a small amount of research. Not enough to level up to a legendary researcher, but enough that your level 12 researcher stays at level 12. I loved the idea, so I ran with it.

RimColony boosts Social, not Research, btw.
On a side note, horseshoes and billiards boost shooting, and I think talking to people boosts social.

Anyways , any researcher of mine tends to spend nearly all their time researching, so they rarely lose any levels as they constantly research till all research is done. Research jobs seems to devote all the worktime of the colonist into it, unlike other jobs, so I find research is the one thing I need to worry the least about having a colonist lose efficiency in.

Edit: I was just thinking, but you put looking at pictures as a joy thing, right? How about statue-viewing as a joy activity?

cuproPanda

I was just thinking, but you put looking at pictures as a joy thing, right? How about statue-viewing as a joy activity?
I did, and ill look into it. For some reason I never thought about that.

falcongrey

Quote from: falcongrey on June 13, 2015, 12:41:33 AM
Only question I have about this mod: is there a way to turn off the skill gain from playing in the arcade or card games?
I can make a patch file for that. Does it feel like points are gained too quickly? The main purpose is to combat the skill reduction, not to act as a leveling mechanic.

To me it seemed more of an unballance. I mean sure, some games do give a little skill in real life, but in my view it shouldn't be enough to maintain experiance; slow perhaps. I've seen my colonests use games for joy very little so I feel there wouldn't really be  that much of a skill drop when playing a game and the only time they heavily do games is when something stressful happened, like a siege. An optional patch file would be great. :)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

NephilimNexus

Quote from: Adamiks on May 31, 2015, 02:14:45 PM
Nice. Now i can play MintCraft when playing Rimworld!

For a while there was a running joke on EvE Online about playing Minecraft while mining.

nuschler22

I'm sure I'm missing it, but where do I find the pile of books?  Do I have to make it?  Buy it?  Thanks. :)

cuproPanda

Quote from: nuschler22 on June 15, 2015, 10:16:34 PM
I'm sure I'm missing it, but where do I find the pile of books?  Do I have to make it?  Buy it?  Thanks. :)
You can buy them from joy traders, exotic traders, and from bulk goods traders. Your best bet for quantity is bulk goods, and the most reliable is the joy trader.

I wanted to add recipes for creating books, but most authors spend months writing books, so it just didn't seem to fit.

falcongrey

Thank you for the no-skill patch :)

Just downloaded and installed. Really looking forward to additional Joy objects in game!  8)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Ienkoron

If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Adamiks

Ienkoron

I read "books" like "boobs" ;D

I see boobs everywhere ::)
[/quote]

Well..... XD
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

nuschler22

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 15, 2015, 10:36:04 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on June 15, 2015, 10:16:34 PM
You can buy them from joy traders, exotic traders, and from bulk goods traders. Your best best for quantity is bulk goods, and the most reliable is the joy trader.

I wanted to add recipes for creating books, but most authors spend months writing books, so it just didn't seem to fit.

Thank you. :)

cuproPanda

I added a poll: what should I do with the painting supplies? Should I keep it, make it craftable, or get rid of it?

If I may make a suggestion, make the reading tables "free" to build but only provide joy/skill based on quanity/types of bookselves in a radius or the room.  It would require a little dll coding but it shouldn't be too hard.  Plus, you can then have multiple book types for different purposes (each skill) so for people like me who like to collect, can work on building a "complete" library.

Anyway, great job on the mod, I've incorporated it into my personal modpile.  :)
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.