[W|0.11.834] Enemies stuck in my base, unable to path out, should attack door.

Started by Axelios, June 17, 2015, 01:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axelios

Hi all.

I had some raiders drop right into my base. They decided to flee after my colony shot them up, and because I forbid the door I now have a hostile wandering in my base.

Expected behaviour: hostile attempting to flee should path through a door and attack it on the way out to gain freedom.

[attachment deleted due to age]
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

harpo99999

I have seen functionally the same issue, but instead of them wandering in a pack (and therefore being a bit of a challenge, they tended to wander away from each other, so with MY pack of colonists I was able to move to a location withing MY firing range and shoot them down, and even collected one prisoner to feed on the butchered remains of it's fellow raiders (the prison has a npd with all hoppers set to ONLY accept human meats) and the prisoner was a 93% difficulty to convert so will be eating a LOT of it's companions

RickyMartini

Can confirm. Fleeing raider just "give up" if they are enclosed and their only way out is a door or an open forbidden door.

TLHeart

enemies are not supposed to respond to the door being forbidden, only colonists and friendlies.

Also confirmed, enemies just stand there, when the doorway is forbidden.

Tynan

Definitely needs fixing, but it's unrelated to forbidding the door.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

RickyMartini

Tynan

Ah yes, I didn't test with held-open doors. But shouldn't matter either way, they should just attack the door if necessary.

StorymasterQ

Maybe because it's open, it's not seen as an attackable thing, but it's forbidden, so they don't use it?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan