[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Those arent in these packs no, lots of other gun mods/packs out there have these weapons so ive kind of let them die, I can revive them as a misc weapons pack if theres want of it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

chaotix14

Have I ever mentioned that it feels really silly to have gauss weaponry cause EMP effects? Because it really feels silly.

skullywag

gauss, magnets, electrical, emp...ehh it was a stretch but im not bothered this is scifi i can make it shoot pigs if i want.

without adding a tonne of stuff to the game what would you rather it did.

Pewpew

Don't suppose you could have the gauss stuff have a chance to go through pawns instead of EMP?
Basically you fire one at Tribesman Joe and it'll rip through his torso and out the other end and continue flying off to hit Tribeslady Joanne further back.
Would make a bit more sense than EMPs maybe plus it seems like it would be pretty cool.
Possible or not though these guns are pretty neat so thanks for making them!

skullywag

possible, tonne of work though. Ill look into it, Currently for clarity its very easy for me to add a second damagedef type as a chance reaction, so i set EMP here, I need something that simple, im not above adding a new damagedef (and therefore a new hediff if needed) to add something a little better. Thats the kind of thing i want. For example the damagedef could be poison, the hediff would be poisoned and would cause puking for a few days.

chaotix14

Quote from: skullywag on April 20, 2016, 07:49:35 AM
gauss, magnets, electrical, emp...ehh it was a stretch but im not bothered this is scifi i can make it shoot pigs if i want.

without adding a tonne of stuff to the game what would you rather it did.

Not saying you should change it, I think they are just fine as they are, it's just is one of those things that once you start to think about it they become quite silly. Besides making them more true to life would make them a lot less useful, basically you'd have to think along the lines of armor penetration(turns out high speed high density projectiles have a tendency to not stop for anything smaller than a mountain) and/or explosions.

skullywag

Anyone having issues with the turrets i just popped down the laser turret and it seems fine to me?

Dspendragon

This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

skyicon

Quote from: skullywag on April 20, 2016, 01:59:57 PM
Anyone having issues with the turrets i just popped down the laser turret and it seems fine to me?

just got it work.. i forgot to restart the game after installing CCL my bad.. i'm really sorry for being stupid  :'( :'(..
thanks man..

skullywag

Dspendragon

This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

sproutprinceps

I have installed the mod and it say something like this. When the pawn trying to make a gauss weapon it turns out to be nothing at all, I don't know why.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

that looks like you dont have the assembly file in the assemblies folder....can you try redownloading?

sproutprinceps

Quote from: skullywag on April 22, 2016, 12:10:07 PM
that looks like you dont have the assembly file in the assemblies folder....can you try redownloading?

Will try and report shortly. Thanks, Skullywag : )

skullywag

that message will be appearing on loading the mod not when making a gun btw. If it doesnt appear on you loading the game let me know.