Morgue Ship

Started by IdeaBoy, October 06, 2013, 07:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

Tynan maybe its not as political correct as putting a raider in a grave.
But how about mass graves.
I cant see your colonists dump every body in a single grave.

So make mass graves. The graves can hold upto lets say 25 corpses but are 1 use only.
They are 2*2 or 3*3.
So after an attack you can dump a certain number of bodies in there. And close the grave.

To make it even more like in the civil wars and big battlefields of old.
You could let your goons dump the bodies in the grave. Set it on fire and than let them close it off.

You do need a goon with a strong tummy for this.
Maybe even make it a trait.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

British

On the subject of ships, alternatively to "morgue" ships (which doesn't make much sense in and of itself), we could have science ships (that is, ships with scientists exploring the galaxy, well... for science), that could use bodies for experimentation.
They might even have strange things to sell...

AspenShadow

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 07, 2013, 09:26:47 AM
I like the idea of adding perhaps a mass grave? It counts as disrespectful, but more respectful than other methods. I just want my beloved fallen colonists to have their own individual grave and then a Raider boneyard lol
Quote from: Semmy on October 25, 2013, 03:49:39 AM

So make mass graves. The graves can hold upto lets say 25 corpses but are 1 use only.
They are 2*2 or 3*3.
So after an attack you can dump a certain number of bodies in there. And close the grave.

Ha pa dapa teph hu...  :'( I feel so alone.

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: British on October 25, 2013, 04:08:58 AM
On the subject of ships, alternatively to "morgue" ships (which doesn't make much sense in and of itself), we could have science ships (that is, ships with scientists exploring the galaxy, well... for science), that could use bodies for experimentation.
They might even have strange things to sell...
Why did I think of Bill Nye when you said that?

But morgue ships, or ships to take away the dead bodies would be a good idea, or even to harvest organs for when people get wounded.

NephilimNexus

Dead bodies make for good fertilizer, helps crops grow.

Yes, being serious.  New grave type: "Pit Grave"  No headstone, no memorial.  Once filled it reverts to "Fertile Soil" which gives +10% to farming yield within 3 squares for a few months.  Soil can be built over, with a farm, for example.

light487

Incineration is very common all over the world for when space is a premium. I don't see any issue with incineration even from a morale point of view.

Definitely need some kind of "garbage truck" type ship though, even if you have to pay them a fee to take all the debris away for you.. and perhaps a morgue ship could be the same thing for corpses, for those who don't want to build an incinerator etc.. of course a fee would be charged per body as well.

Evul

At the moment i make a line with mines and blow them up. So some kind of solution to the corps pile would be nice.

Shaft

Quote from: light487 on November 07, 2013, 04:35:26 PM
Incineration is very common all over the world for when space is a premium. I don't see any issue with incineration even from a morale point of view.

Definitely need some kind of "garbage truck" type ship though, even if you have to pay them a fee to take all the debris away for you.. and perhaps a morgue ship could be the same thing for corpses, for those who don't want to build an incinerator etc.. of course a fee would be charged per body as well.

I like this idea.  Anything in your debris pile(slag, rocks, whatever) and anything in a grave could be removed for a fee.

RADIOACTIVEham

That is an AMAZING idea! I hate cleaning up debris and bodies all around, it makes the colony look horrible

Grimreaper1704

Quote from: Semmy on October 25, 2013, 03:49:39 AM

Oh man your Mind is Cruel...Raider or not a little respect for them..they a Hungry Homeless Raiders they must Fight to Survive :D

I put all Raiders in a Grave :)

@TE I have learn the Debris can use for slow the Raiders. Put them around your Base and a Turret near by and see the Raiders slow down and get shot by the Turrets :)

serge89

Quote from: Tynan on October 06, 2013, 10:38:19 PM
You can actually get rid of bodies by blowing them up. Or burning them :)

I need to write some code so there are psychological costs to doing this...

Two ways in doing this, burns those boodies with respect will resullts a boost in morale and destroying those corpse without proper handling will cause a drop in morale. :)

Perhaps we should add a leadership system in this game. Like appointing a leader at the beginning of the game. If just in case he/she died, you need to re-appoint a new one. XD
Every man has a thought. Together we make a thoughtful and colorful world.

windruf

no-no-no!
only bioreactor!  ;)

Stickle

Quote from: Tynan on October 06, 2013, 10:38:19 PM
You can actually get rid of bodies by blowing them up. Or burning them :)

I need to write some code so there are psychological costs to doing this...

Allow us to build funeral pyres! Right now I just fake it with designated dumping zones, but an actual funeral pyre would be kinda neat.

I wouldn't burial being the only way to deal with our own colonists' corpses (although I wouldn't mind other options), but there are too many raider bodies to have to bury. Fire seems like a perfectly valid, and possibly respectful, alternative.

DeltaV

There should be a slight positive boost to burying someone, even a raider. 'Being humane' or something like that.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Stickle

Quote from: DeltaV on November 20, 2013, 06:14:38 PM
There should be a slight positive boost to burying someone, even a raider. 'Being humane' or something like that.

I don't see why. Considering dozens, if not hundreds, of cultures around the world burn or used to burn their dead out of respect... It just so happens that the Abrahamic religions stress the importance of burial, there is nothing particularly humane or extra moral about it. It's just a matter of perspective.

That said, burying the dead in individual graves vs. piling them in a dump and setting them on fire... Sure. Which is why I think there should be an actual funeral pyre or something.