Research Suggestions

Started by palandus, December 11, 2013, 01:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palandus

NOTE: Some of these tie in to my other suggestions which will be linked to in this thread.

"Furniture Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1419.0
"Firearm Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1423
"Skills and Trait Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1425.0
"Equipment Suggestions" http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1426.0

Categories:
1) Unlock Research - Research that unlocks new technologies, buildings or objects.
2) Improvement Research - Research that improves upon an existing building or object.
3) Spontaneous Research - Research that occurs by spending time at a research table with NO PROJECT currently active. Could be useful to do when other more desirable projects are finished and/or your researcher has nothing better to do.

-----------------------

1) Unlock Research
-> Robotic Assistance [Requires = Advanced Computerization] = Unlocks the ability to build Drone Towers and the accompaning drones. These are: Cleaning Receptacle (Cleaning Droid), Combat Tower (Combat Drone), Harvesting Tower (Harvesting Drone), and Repair Tower (Repair Drone)
-> Firestarter = Unlocks the ability to produce flame-using items, such as the Furnace, Flamethrower Turret and Fireplace.

2) Improvement Research
-> Advanced Computerization = This makes computers more power efficient and able to process more things at the same time. Objects affected are: Comm Station, Personal Computer, and Turrets.

EDIT = Currently shovelling snow, so be back in a bit to add more to this thread.

Cuthberto

Nutrient Dispenser=>Efficient Nutrient Dispenser=>Decent Food Machine=>Efficient Decent Food Machine=>Ready Meals Machine=>Efficient Ready Meal Machine.
So what about some food thats not going to upset the colonists, for example you could have a food processor, to replace the nutrient machine, you could have normal food, and meat from mufflos, then the herd idea would provide you with a constant supply of food. And the more complex the machine the more different ingredients you need, like berrys and cactus. Then you could have an option where you can decide what food you want them to have, like the prisoner options. You Could decide to let them have Good Meals, Bad meals, Average meals, depending on what you want to do for them or the resources you have. This way you can influence your peoples mood through, food, we all love food especially good food ;).

palandus

Well I figured that they might be able to eventually build a Replicator (star trek) type object that could convert the nutrients from the nutrient paste into something tastier.

Also, kind of forgot about this topic, so, I'll update it!

windruf

because eclipse is periodical (or at last it should be) there should be a research that gives you a timer to the next eclipse.

shadowgod3211

here's some ideas for the beds :D

good bed=>comfy bed=>sleeping pod=>cryo bed (the cryo bed is an artifact that can be found ether in digging or killing pirates to get the artifacts for digging for it is 4/10 and killing pirates is 5/10 and also u can buy it from a trader but it will cost alot of money due to it being super high tech the cost could be um 5000$ or 10k if anyone doesn't like the cost and the % of the findings and have a better way of the beds just reply to me and give your version of the research but it has to have the cyro bed at the end of the research due to it being very very good for the person in it (it gives a short time of small bonuses to the person's skills when they get out and oh which ever skills u guys choose for the small bonuses i can really care less any skills can work :D) :) and remember the no bullying rule :)

and oh HAVE A MARRY CHRISTMAS :D AND HAPPY NEW YEARS *is playing jingle bells while typing this* :P

jacob814

Idea to incapacitate these wonderful raiders alot quiker. Make a bear trap, not saying it has to be like this, that incapacitates the raiders alot more quikly, the reason i say this is because i would like more colonist but having a hard time colecting enough with my way of defense(mine alley ;) )
This would be something that should cost alot to make so people cant just spam these around the map. The research shoulnt be that hard. As i said before this does not have to be bear traps, it can be something different. Thank you
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

palandus

As for incapacitating enemies faster we should have more riot-gear type weapons such as:

Flashbangs: Detonates, and causes a bright flash dazing enemies and making their accuracy terrible.
Smoke Grenades: Detonates and produces a large cloud of smoke. Makes firing weapons unreliable; better close into melee combat.
Stun Guns: Fires an electrical charge meant to disable an opponent, albeit painfully.
Riot Shotguns: Fires rubberized pellets instead of lead shot. Hurts like hell, but doesn't kill as quickly.
Stun Rods: Basically a police baton with an electrical charge flowing through it. Works quite like the Stun Gun.
The Testicular: My personal favorite; This trap is designed to knock out male opponents by using a hydraulic-powered punching glove to the nuts. Hits with the force of a horse kick, to the nuts. He's probably going to wish he was dead when he wakes up.

jacob814

Palandus: this is a good idea and all but what i was going for was something that you could lay down on the ground, not something that a colonist uses.

The idea for the Testicular may be a funny idea for some of the older fan group, you still have to consider the younger fan group.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

palandus

Well the thing is a bear trap doesn't really incapicate though; it simply crushes your ankle bones and immobilizes you; doesn't stop someone from shooting at you when immobilized.

The idea of the testicular although silly and stupid, was that if someone takes enough pain to the genitals it will knock them out cold. I wasn't really considering any particular group; something I'd probably mod in for my own game really. One simply needs an idea for knocking out an opponent instantly.

Maybe instead, tranquilizer darts from a tranquilizer rifle. That would knock someone out good.

Galileus

Quote from: palandus on December 19, 2013, 03:59:30 PM
Well the thing is a bear trap doesn't really incapicate though; it simply crushes your ankle bones and immobilizes you; doesn't stop someone from shooting at you when immobilized.

Hahahaha, good luck with that :D "Simply" get your bones crushed and flesh ripped apart with a blunt trap like that and try your shooting skills :)

But then again, I just seen cutting off a leg in one swing in BF4... I mean, Muela's are diamond sharp, but come on!

palandus

If you are getting shot at, and you step in a bear trap, the second thing on your mind is "Oh man, my leg hurts". That comes after the first thing "I'ma going to kill you for that." When their adrenaline wears off then they scream in agony. :)

Plus, if the leg is broken, wouldn't that mean it would take next to forever in gameterms for that person to be mobile again?

Galileus

Your thoughts? You men "AGRHATRTJAT" before you realize something caught your leg and you try to shake it off, ripping the flesh clear from your bones? Yeah... not really the greatest time to be taking an aimed shot :P

"I got my head ripped off by adrenaline kept me going" are BF4 type of stories, too. Sorry to pop your bubble ;) Sure, you can bump your head or get a deep cut and adrenaline will keep you going, but get a bit too deep a cut and it suddenly all goes black. Tested out to be true. And I don't need to ramp it up to crushed leg and flesh ripped apart (sic!) to know what would happen.

Unless we're talking about video games or movies. Sure, in video games and movies people can get shot in the lung and keep going. They also get headshot messages ;)

jacob814

The idea for tranquillizer darts if an even better idea, and if you mabey if you could modify turrets to use tranquillizers, that would be better,

Overall Tranquillizers should be implemented, responding would be great
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

palandus

Okay fine, maybe you have a point Galileus. However, wouldn't that render that captured raider useless for everything except for being executed to instill fear? He's not going to be able to put any weight on his foot at all after that kind of injury.

Ya Tranquilizers would be awesome.

Galileus

Quote from: palandus on December 19, 2013, 07:56:27 PM
Okay fine, maybe you have a point Galileus. However, wouldn't that render that captured raider useless for everything except for being executed to instill fear? He's not going to be able to put any weight on his foot at all after that kind of injury.

Nah, I was just screwing around only because you put "simple" and "crushed legs and flesh ripped apart" in one sentence ;) I would say in game logic getting "just" downed by a bear trap is... barely acceptable. I mean, CoD and BattleField would pull it off happily (didn't they yet?), but these two would pull the headless adrenaline fuelled soldier case with no thought whatsoever as well. Getting these injuries cured is a whole different case - as far as game logic goes it's a space medicine and everything is fine. In real world logic, you're absolutely right - someone downed by a bear trap would be out for a long time (these thing are nasty after all).