Animals are nice, I don't want them chopped up

Started by Jimyoda, July 09, 2015, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimyoda

[Video] A tearful five-year girl is horrified that we chop up animals and eat them.

Her line at 1:14 will make for a good RW signature quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMb30Pw3RJY
Video removed at original link, please see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9lDtTOE_U
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Rahjital

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Jimyoda

So..... How many children will it take to make an armchair.    ::)

:o

Eclipse

Quote from: Ramsis on July 09, 2015, 04:50:02 PM
There won't be children....

Maybe not in vanilla but somebody is bound to make a children mod using the animal breeding system.

Jimyoda

Oh, this means just animal babies and juveniles!
He used the wrong term - Pawns includes colonists.

Pawns have life stages through which they progress (baby, juvenile, adult). They can only reproduce in some stages.
Life stage changes body size, health scale, hunger rate, meat amount, leather amount, move speed.

I'm so relieved this isn't about children.

Ramsis

Quote from: Eclipse on July 09, 2015, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: Ramsis on July 09, 2015, 04:50:02 PM
There won't be children....

Maybe not in vanilla but somebody is bound to make a children mod using the animal breeding system.

More power to em; small colonists that you'd have to play the game for at least 10~ years ingame before they can actually do anything. No thank you friend :D
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

deslona

Children can do tasks such as hauling and cleaning, child labor isn't wrong (it's practical for many), the concept has been made wrong because of advances in education and technology. And normally when people say child labor they mean child slavery. It would be interesting to see what the character screen will say for their development and if you can control their traits and/or skill restrictions. If there would be an 'education' component to train colonists (another job for them to do instead of being idle)...

I hate idle pawns...

lusername

Quote from: Jimyoda on July 09, 2015, 03:02:39 PM
[Video] A tearful five-year girl is horrified that we chop up animals and eat them. It looks like RimWorld is adding children, they will learn the harsh grim reality of survival.
Silly child. When I was that age, I was made to raise an animal from a baby, and then about a year later, I had to kill it. We called this "farming".

And you know why we do it? Because ANIMALS ARE DELICIOUS. If we weren't meant to eat animals, WHY ARE THEY MADE OF MEAT?

keylocke

Quote from: lusername on July 09, 2015, 09:07:58 PM
[Video] A tearful five-year girl is horrified that we chop up animals and eat them. It looks like RimWorld is adding children, they will learn the harsh grim reality of survival.
Silly child. When I was that age, I was made to raise an animal from a baby, and then about a year later, I had to kill it. We called this "farming".

And you know why we do it? Because ANIMALS ARE DELICIOUS. If we weren't meant to eat animals, WHY ARE THEY MADE OF MEAT?

spoken like a rimworld vet.

this reminds me of the "moral-f@g" is the cancer of Xchan dilemma. i think the slippery slope of "fun" is political correctness.

try to have backups of older versions of rimworld alphas prior to steam integration.

and brace yourselves, a doomstack of holier-than-thous are coming..

Kegereneku

"And you know why we do it? Because HUMAN ARE DELICIOUS. If we weren't meant to eat humans, WHY ARE THEY MADE OF MEAT?"

As 4chan would say : Fixed that for you
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

keylocke

Quote from: Kegereneku on July 10, 2015, 03:40:07 AM
"And you know why we do it? Because HUMAN ARE DELICIOUS. If we weren't meant to eat humans, WHY ARE THEY MADE OF MEAT?"

As 4chan would say : Fixed that for you

so delish, it's illegal. like drugs.   ;)

Kelian

Hahahah it's an ice-sheet kid. People get hungry. Some people go good with ketchup. Get over it and eat your raider burrito. Then go to your room.

Toggle

Humans are animals. That sentence applies 100% to humans too I guess.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

killer117

Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.