Aliens

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, August 04, 2015, 12:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

Okay simple (maybe not) i want an aliens mod that adds the xenomorph and facehuggers to the game. Starts like this, random rare event happens only 3 times, for the 3 pillars that it had, and an event for the reactor to fall in to the atmosphere of the planet causing nuclear fallout. The Sevastopol station lost a stabilizer to keep it on the orbital pattern and is crashing near you. Be ready for survivors. the catch it is, you dont know if the alien is on that ship with the survivors who get out (spawn in) from the crashed ship part. the alien is just as rare as getting the crashed ship part maybe a bit less of a chance. And well thats all i got for now i cant mod or else i would do it my self.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

confusedwings

i this post not better in the 'ideas' section...?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: confusedwings on August 04, 2015, 01:10:30 PM
i this post not better in the 'ideas' section...?
well i want a mod for it so its a mod request i suppose
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Mr.Cross

I've made a similar post, except adding the Xenomorph species as a faction similar to the mechs. If only I had the will to learn c# or had a tutor or teacher. *le sigh* Either way it would be amazing to see the Xenomorphs be placed into the game.
Claims to know most things.

kexici

Ok its very goood idea :) i can make graficks art and some other stuff, but i need help with c++ (know only the basic) did you know anybody who can make complicate c++ order

------> alient quien -> lay egg -> facehugger birth only when paws is near -> attack them (leave sick like zombie)  -> find the dark alone place out of the colony -> die and born small xeno -> xeno hunt some animal -> grow up -> attack collony only in night -> if xeno kill 5 and more pawns ->  find the dark alone place out of the colony -> grow up to alient quen -> ----->

Xenno -> can be hurt only  with fire
move quickly in night
hide in day ( like underqround) ;)

Mr.Cross

Quote from: kexici on August 07, 2015, 08:34:58 AM-snip-
I don't know anyone (other than the other forum modders) who know c#, and honestly I'm unsure if they'd pick this up.

That be a neat idea, if they were going to be on the same map and were going to be similar to animals rather than factions. I'd say Bullets would and should hurt xenomorps but it would take a significant amount of bullets to kill one. Along with the fire we would have to either make a new flamethrower or use the warfen flammen mod (Unsure if this the actual name of the mod.)

kexici

Flame weapon is ready from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14763.0
Grapfick is simple
5 kind
egg
facehunger
small xeno "worm"
xeno
xenoquen
:)
i can use the dll from ability pack to create the behavior to lay egg , use the bite sicknes from zombie apocalipse, maybe if look deep in some code from "paws look to safe teperature" and edit them to "xeno look to safe no light" but i dont know how to add the some other abilities (like hiding)

or maybe i can use some order from powerswith (enemyradar) and some things from ccl to create ability to make xeno hide in day time to cocon on map corner (if anyone come too close xeno attack) else he will regenerate himself and attack next night :)

kexici

Quote from: kexici on August 07, 2015, 10:08:30 AM
Grapfick is simple
5 kind
egg
facehunger
small xeno "worm"
xeno
xenoquen
:)
i can use the dll from ability pack to create the behavior to lay egg , use the bite sicknes from zombie apocalipse, maybe if look deep in some code from "paws look to safe teperature" and edit them to "xeno look to safe no light" but i dont know how to add the some other abilities (like hiding)

or maybe i can use some order from powerswith (enemyradar) and some things from ccl to create ability to make xeno hide in day time to cocon on map corner (if anyone come too close xeno attack) else he will regenerate himself and attack next night :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mr.Cross

Quote from: kexici on August 07, 2015, 10:08:30 AM

I could see that happening, but I'd think you would need to ask permission from each of the mod authors that you wish to take from.

kexici

Yes but i only use they mod , we dont need create own flame trhower when skully does :) i make only ammo to his mod :)
Somthing like mod to mod to mod :)
ask someone who know the c++ :plese :) we must find anybody :)

Mr.Cross

Quote from: kexici on August 07, 2015, 02:17:01 PM-Snip-

Alright, I'll ask some of the people who make factions and what not to see if they would be so kind to help.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: kexici on August 07, 2015, 02:17:01 PM
Yes but i only use they mod , we dont need create own flame trhower when skully does :) i make only ammo to his mod :)
Somthing like mod to mod to mod :)
ask someone who know the c++ :plese :) we must find anybody :)

I know C++... I'm been programming in it for a year. One problem... you mod the game in C#... C++ != C#... :P

Mr.Cross

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 07, 2015, 06:21:35 PM-Snippets of stuff about C++ and C#-
What is C++ used for? Also I think i might start looking in on C# tutorials again, maybe find something that explains things in an extremely dumbed down way  ;D

TheGentlmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp_(programming_language)

I major distinction is memory handling... Not sure about C# but in C++ you have to handle the memory yourself... no garbage collecection & whatnot...
Its generally classified as a more low level language then languages like Java & C#. A.k.a. Its closer to being assembly. This means that you have more control over thing forever your program can THEORETICALLY be more optimized then for example a C# program... but that a double edged sword. Just like it can be faster, it can also be slower... & more often it is slower. With it being more low-level, the time it takes to develop things increases, so most times it will take longer to do something & end up preform badly, but that isn't the languages fault... its the devs one.
Unity is written in C++ BUT the games made in unity use either C#, UnityScript(Other know as JavaScript) & Boo. Rimworld was made in C# forever it would be only logical to keep the modding in C#.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 07, 2015, 07:30:24 PM-Even more snippets about C# and C++-

Ah, that's interesting. Thank you for explaining that.