WWFFFFFFFFFFFWW
WWFFFFhhhFFFFWW
WWFFFhNNNhFFFWW
WWFFFhNNNhFFFWW
WWFFFhNNNhFFFWW
WWWWWWNNNWWWWWW
WWWWWWW_WWWWWWW
ww_________________ww

the double thickness wall slows the heat gain in the freezer and also makes it a lot harder for the prisoners to get out with the single access point to the interation spot of the npd being the only thin point with the npd and hoppers acting a heat barrier to the prison

jaeden25

You can just put a stockpile in the room for jerky and that works fine.

TLHeart

just remember jerky is from a mod, not in vanilla game.

jaeden25

Quote from: TLHeart on June 14, 2015, 08:56:57 AM
just remember jerky is from a mod, not in vanilla game.

I just mean in the sense that you can create a stockpile for the specific type of food and it will work sorry.

Katorone

Except that it will spoil eventually, unless you freeze the cell.

RickyMartini

There is no other better improv than putting a dispenser into the prisoner room atm.

But if I want them to not freak out and eat simple meals, while feeding my colonists with lavish meals at the same time, that is where the problem lies.

giannikampa

Quote from: mister_gutsy on June 11, 2015, 02:48:23 AM
Quote from: Jimyoda on June 09, 2015, 11:15:30 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on June 07, 2015, 06:29:02 AM
Quote from: giannikampa on June 07, 2015, 06:20:20 AM
I just build a nutrient paste dispenser in the prisoners room, then disable "give food" to the prisoners. So they eat by themselves (saving time for my colonists) and no waste of hi-level food ;)
I tried this suggestion and ran across a few problems. One, my colonist will not fill a hopper that is in a "prisoner" room. You cant even prioritize them to do so, it gives you the same grayed out error that says its a prisoner room. So if I'm not paying attention and their hopper runs out... well you know the rest lol. Having to refill the hopper is annoying because I have to set the room to a colonist and hope my prisoner doesn't get moved in the meantime while the hoppers get filled.

Two, I can't keep the food cold since I can't freeze the room they are in and I can't build an adjacent freezer room since the prisoners can not pass through doors.  It would not be the worst thing since I can choose longer lasting food such as vegetables and no meat to be stored in the hoppers. But the problem is, I have no control over the which of the food from my stock my colonist put in there. Some of the food is old by the time it goes into the hopper and before I know it I have food poisoned prisoners left and right from rotting food due lack of refrigeration.
Seems like wasting resources versus the annoyance of the hoppers not wanting to be in a prisoner room. Not sure which is the better route at this point.... thoughts or work arounds? I'm about to just harvest all my prisoners organs and be done with them  :P
-mister gutsy
As already said elsewere NPD can be placed between 2 rooms: front side in prison (or your canteen as well) and rear side in a fridge, hoppers goes in fridge side, no spoil of ingredients and colonist do interact with them!
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Thane

+1

Fine meals of human meat do not cancel out. Cannibal colonies represent!
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

VortecusMaximus

fatwilf

Grubfist

I would just like to serve them only human meat from their dead comrades. I would also like to be able to strip specific items off them, rather than all their items at once. I don't care if they keep their rags, I'm confiscating their energy shield, and that jacket looks nice.

I like to house my prisoners in un-smoothed, poorly-lit cave rooms with only sleeping spots. As well as statues depicting them being beaten up and tied. I laugh whenever they get pissed and start fighting each other, and regularly leave dead prisoners in the cave-cell for months.

I want incapacitated enemy raiders to gain negative mood traits as they realize they will be brought to my infamous horror-prisons and given a peg-leg so that fights are more amusing to me.

WHY CAN'T I RUN MY PRISONS IN THE HORRIFIC WAY I WISH?!? :C

harpo99999

for the npd prison part of this discussion, here is a screenie from my current 'rim of the world' colony showing MY concrete floored prison with human meat freezer/npd for prisoners

[attachment deleted due to age]

RemingtonRyder

The 'Single Prison Meals' from my modpack would help if you want to deliver meals to prisoners who are each in their own separate room, but avoid food spoilage.