[A14] Historical Weapons Packs (8/11/2016)

Started by Anonemous2, August 17, 2015, 01:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should the naming in Historical Weapons be done?

Realistic Like: weapons are named what they are in real history, and the discription gives some facts.
21 (70%)
Rimworld Like: weapons have basic names, and given descriptions that match Rimworld's style.
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: June 07, 2016, 05:01:50 PM

IndustryStandard

Do you have plans to update this mod to A13?

JackeryFox

Any knowledge of when you will be able to add versions that support Combat Realism's new inventory and ammo system?

Mzxs

I agree with KackeryFox this needs to be done it would be so much fun

Justas love

Can you put all of this into one mod? Pretty please

Anonemous2

Okay Combat Realism Patch is coming soon for Alpha 13...

AKA within the week.

nuschler22

I looked and couldn't find the answer.

Compatible with RimFire?

Thanks for these, they look great.

Justas love

I believe every gun adding mod is capable with each other, so no errors.

nuschler22

Quote from: Justas love on May 04, 2016, 01:45:14 PM
I believe every gun adding mod is capable with each other, so no errors.

Thanks.

IndustryStandard

By any chance would it be possible to add a couple Japanese WW2 weapons?

Mauser C96
Type 38, 30 or 99 (Bolt action rifles)
Type 99 LMG
Type 100 SMG
MP34 SMG

Obviously not expecting ALLLL of these, since I imagine making the graphics for them is time consuming, but felt like you had a bunch of German, US and Russian weapons and no Japanese.

Anonemous2

Quote from: IndustryStandard on May 04, 2016, 10:40:15 PM
By any chance would it be possible to add a couple Japanese WW2 weapons?

Mauser C96
Type 38, 30 or 99 (Bolt action rifles)
Type 99 LMG
Type 100 SMG
MP34 SMG

Obviously not expecting ALLLL of these, since I imagine making the graphics for them is time consuming, but felt like you had a bunch of German, US and Russian weapons and no Japanese.

I'll work on adding some of those after:
I finish the combat realism patch.
Update my some of my other mods to Alpha 13

vteam

I installed this and it replaces the vanilla weapons. Did I do something wrong? I thought it only adds to the existing weapons.

Anonemous2

Quote from: vteam on May 07, 2016, 06:43:08 AM
I installed this and it replaces the vanilla weapons. Did I do something wrong? I thought it only adds to the existing weapons.

It adds a lot of new guns, and renames 3 (survival rifle, pistol, and shotgun).

Anonemous2

Ok got World War Weapons patched for combat realism done, but I need to finish American Civil war weapons, work on these patches is really time consuming, I must give NoImageAvailable a lot of credit for making their mod, it changes a lot of stuff in the Alpha 13 version. Also the patch might have missing features or something broken, If you find anything please tell me.

Some thing kinda out of topic; When I make my textures for Rimworld they can sometimes look weird, with like white pixels or becoming really fuzzy ingame, while other mods look fine, I know it has something to do with how the image is saved, any fixes?
[I use coral PHOTO-PAINT Home & Student X7 for making textures, and I save my images as a Custom PNG, RBG Color (24-bit).]

JackeryFox

Quote from: Anonemous2 on May 07, 2016, 06:52:35 PM
Ok got World War Weapons patched for combat realism done, but I need to finish American Civil war weapons, work on these patches is really time consuming, I must give NoImageAvailable a lot of credit for making their mod, it changes a lot of stuff in the Alpha 13 version. Also the patch might have missing features or something broken, If you find anything please tell me.

Some thing kinda out of topic; When I make my textures for Rimworld they can sometimes look weird, with like white pixels or becoming really fuzzy ingame, while other mods look fine, I know it has something to do with how the image is saved, any fixes?
[I use coral PHOTO-PAINT Home & Student X7 for making textures, and I save my images as a Custom PNG, RBG Color (24-bit).]

Rimworld is a bit iffy when it comes to transparency sometimes and it might also be cause your weapons are made on a 128x128 resolution while other weapon mods are made in 64x64 as 128x128 is not exactly that visible in Rimworld as the vanilla weapons are also 64x64.