Add lighting as a room Status, and make it cont for Workshops and Kitchens!

Started by soulkata, August 21, 2015, 11:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulkata

Hi!

A simple idea was add some requeriments for workshops and kitchens! And lighting is the logical option! :)

DNK

Tynan

You're right about this - BUT - it shouldn't be a room stat. Because: imagine a long, thin, L-shaped workshop with a light at one end and a production bench at another. It would be "lit", I guess, even though the bench is in darkness.

Rather, the system should look at local lighting levels.

The problem, then, though, is how to feed back the effect of that.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Shinzy

Quote from: Tynan on August 22, 2015, 01:03:30 PM
You're right about this - BUT - it shouldn't be a room stat. Because: imagine a long, thin, L-shaped workshop with a light at one end and a production bench at another. It would be "lit", I guess, even though the bench is in darkness.

Couldn't you have the lamps work like how the new tool cabinets do?
I mean they need to be at certain length away from the workbench and (atleast from how I noticed) needs to have "line of sight" to the bench aswell

so you couldn't have the lamp behind a corner somewhere not lighting the kitchen cooker
it'd drive the same purpose while not being a room property
(but maybe there'd be some other problems with this, that I'm not thinking of ;D)

Latta

Try my Brighten! It uses local brightness. Maybe you can peek what it will feel like...

soulkata

Quote from: Tynan on August 22, 2015, 01:03:30 PM

Well, I dont know... In a ideal world, or in the real world, it makes sence... But in my opinion, for gaming pursoses, a single number, would do the job! And prevents micromanagement of the rooms...

Alternativelly, you can make a formula, balancing the space in interior and the MaxWidth and MaxHeight of the room...