[A12d] eXMods (28/10/2015)

Started by spiritus80, August 24, 2015, 01:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poll booth is closed.

closed
closed

Dragoon

I like the art style. The spiders look weird to me but that is it. (not the agave spider)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

spiritus80

I will probably release a new mod version this weekend.

Some new content,new gun..real one this time, new flowers ,new mushroom, exchanged the crystals for way better texture.
No longer looks like a bush humping another bush.

basis of parts, wires, plates, sheets,electronics,cores,bark,slime goo into crafting, no major recipe's yet.

Adjustment to ai, regards mating and egg laying.

All except core animals should lay fertilized eggs in wild, and wasps are now conciered pests as they eat wood , but slowly.

Made alot of tweaks to textures , downsizing some of the brightness to art, and some are smaller than before. Ie shrooms and gnarf root.

Still making some daily tweaks to the mod, will probably break a savegame..

Dragoon

Is this correct?

[attachment deleted due to age]
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

spiritus80

Compared to the wildboar the chance seem to be alot higher, but yes it is intended if that is what you meant.

I felt it was important to add  difficulty to tame this or wasps (15%), or robotic pet (25%) to give the impression they do not understand your intension. I will test them out a litle bit to see if they are impossible or if its just hard to tame.

If you feel it is way off the chart, I am open to suggestions, what % would be fair ,
but still represent trying to communicate with something alien or like taming a squid if they had the capacity to think.

bazalisk

so i just popped in to see how things were going as i was updating other mods and noticed the new screenshot.

i have DL'ed your mod  ;D

the new screen looks a load better already, enough that it made me actually want to give the mod a try and will be adding it into my new game world.  :)

you are doing really well with this mod and your progress is clearly snowballing,  keep up the good work :)

Dragoon

What i'm getting at is for the Boar is a 50% chance right? If it is then for the Rixy it's 1250% percent chance right?

spiritus80

Wild Boar has a 0.05 or 5 % chance to attack on failure to tame, while Rixy has a 0.125 or 12.5 % chance to attack on failure to tame.
1.0 should would be a 100 % chance to attack on failure.
While the wildness of the Wild Boar is 50%, and Rixy's is 75% this reflects on taming and training.
It should not be 1250%

Dragoon

This game defs are strange to noobs like me and I clap my hands for your knowledge and the way you handled this sir/madam.

spiritus80

I am no more than a novice myself, most of it is "trail and error", some is copy/paste from Core and common sense to glue it all together :D

spiritus80

Released 1.495 today, nearly at my 1.5 goal mark now.

spiritus80

Released eXPlants 1.0 (Standalone) , with plants and trees from the original mod only.

spiritus80

The modpack has a new name , eXMods, its divided into three parts.
eXLife, eXPlants and eXTech.

pktongrimworld

awww. I liked the old slime images better.

*can you make a pet using the old slime?... doesn't hurt to make moar slimes. :P

spiritus80

"Normal" or Jelly ?
which color?
from what mod version ?

Look at the examples below ie

[attachment deleted due to age]

pktongrimworld

ah, the ac_front G2 ones.

*the ones without legs/eyes. and much more bloby.