[A13] Biome Spawn Tweak 0.2 Cows & Other New Vanilla Animals Now Spawn On Map

Started by Igabod, August 30, 2015, 05:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Adds a few of the new animals into the spawn list on all biomes. Now you can find wild cows and chickens and others. This is a vanilla mod. No new content is added.

This mod is compatible with all mods except ones that alter the biomes.xml file. If you use a mod that alters the biomes.xml file then comment on this thread below and I'll see about making a compatibility patch for it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

PKGameOnly

Thanks for the Mod.  I was hoping to not only have to buy these animals from traders when the decide to come calling and I have no money to pay for them. :)

Igabod

Quote from: PKGameOnly on August 30, 2015, 12:21:50 PM
Thanks for the Mod.  I was hoping to not only have to buy these animals from traders when the decide to come calling and I have no money to pay for them. :)

No problem. I was just playing the game and wanted to test out the cows and chickens and was disappointed to find out they don't spawn anywhere. So I took 5 minutes out of my playing time and made this mod. My intent wasn't to completely replace the need to buy animals though so some have been left off the spawn list and will need to be bought from traders. Also I put the spawn count pretty low for the ones I did add to the spawn list so that you aren't overwhelmed by 80 chickens on the map when you start up. If you have any feedback regarding the spawn rates please let me know.

Loki88

:o it's not in 7 zip!!! You feeling alright iggy?...

Jokes aside this seems like a very good idea  ;D
Will give it a go with my new world since I've gotta gen a new one anyway (Haplo updated MAI and the bots!)

Cheers!

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on August 31, 2015, 10:24:03 AM

Will give it a go with my new world since I've gotta gen a new one anyway (Haplo updated MAI and the bots!)

Cheers!

I only use 7zip for the larger mods because it provides better compression which is needed since this forum has a filesize limit on what you can upload. This is such a small mod that regular .zip is all I needed and since I can just right click and send to a compressed folder that's easier than opening my 7zip program and finding the correct rimworld folder (I have a lot of them now cause I keep the old versions installed).

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on August 31, 2015, 02:36:35 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on August 31, 2015, 10:24:03 AM

Cheers!

I only use 7zip for the larger mods because it provides better compression which is needed since this forum has a filesize limit on what you can upload. This is such a small mod that regular .zip is all I needed and since I can just right click and send to a compressed folder that's easier than opening my 7zip program and finding the correct rimworld folder (I have a lot of them now cause I keep the old versions installed).

I'm just being a pest  :P ( Mom did always say to do what I'm good at )

That aside I have all of my old versions of Rimworld in their own folder literally called "old Rimworld". If I dig far enough I've still got tech tree minami in there ( I miss it so )

Anway I like this mod a lot and want to say thank you! I have cows for the first time and this is my 8th+ new world ( I lost track already )

Igabod

Quote from: Loki88 on August 31, 2015, 11:26:27 PM
I'm just being a pest  :P ( Mom did always say to do what I'm good at )

That aside I have all of my old versions of Rimworld in their own folder literally called "old Rimworld". If I dig far enough I've still got tech tree minami in there ( I miss it so )

Anway I like this mod a lot and want to say thank you! I have cows for the first time and this is my 8th+ new world ( I lost track already )

Yeah I actually played a couple hours last night using this mod and tamed up a bunch of cows. They produce almost enough milk to sustain a 4 person colony with no other crops. I then tamed up a couple chickens and set a few squirrels and hares to be hunted and my colony was completely veggie free, just like me! Veggies are the devil.

Ramsis

Hey Igabod, any chance you'd be willing to drum up a version .2 that adds some of the other animals to the spawn list? Wouldn't mind a chance at finding a wild dog or two wandering the wastes of my base.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Loki88

Quote from: Ramsis on October 03, 2015, 12:12:36 PM
Hey Igabod, any chance you'd be willing to drum up a version .2 that adds some of the other animals to the spawn list? Wouldn't mind a chance at finding a wild dog or two wandering the wastes of my base.

+1 for wild dogs!  ;D

Jdalt40

Do you get chickens on the map breeding? If so, does that mean i will end up with this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EatoQ7b7OQY (12:00 into the video)

Igabod

Quote from: lance789 on May 03, 2016, 12:48:21 AM
Any chance of A13 update?

Maybe... but not until next week if I do decide to do it. I'm working for the next 6 days and won't have time to work on it until Monday. I didn't really think it was necessary with a13 though because of the frequent visitors that often bring cows and chickens and other animals with them to trade. But since there was a request I'll look into doing it when I get the chance. Who knows, I might even look at it when I get off work at 1am but I won't promise anything.

Igabod

Back by request. I didn't have the original version of this saved on the computer I'm using right now and couldn't be bothered to turn on my other computer and snag it so I just redid everything from scratch. I am sure the commonality of the animals is probably different from the original version but if it needs adjusting just comment and let me know. I added in a few more animals including cats and dogs but I left Thrumbos off of the spawn list all together this time because of balance reasons. Some of the animals might not do very well in the more extreme climates so you might want to tame them up as quick as you can before they either wander off or die. I only did the minimum amount of testing just to make sure there aren't any crash bugs (not related to my crash bugs in the old Biodiversity mod which is currently put on hold) so if you see any issues please let me know and I'll get around to fixing them as quickly as possible. Now get out there and tame some chickens and cows and puppy dogs. And have fun!

Rock5

Quote from: Igabod on August 31, 2015, 02:36:35 PMThis is such a small mod that regular .zip is all I needed and since I can just right click and send to a compressed folder that's easier than opening my 7zip program and finding the correct rimworld folder (I have a lot of them now cause I keep the old versions installed).
Sounds like you create 7zip files the hard way. Why not just right click and select "7-Zip\Add to archive" instead of "Send to\Compressed (zipped) folder"?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport