Toxic Fallout - Remove?

Started by cronicscream, September 04, 2015, 05:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cronicscream

Anyone know of anyway to remove the event Toxic Fallout?

It makes the game so boring and I get it every game and end up starting over.

Jimyoda

Open the inicidents xml file that contains it and add comment tags to disable it. (Simply remove the comment tags to re-enable.) Sorry I can't be more specific right now.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

mc858

i 100% agree....mechs and toxic clouds are usually deal breakers for me too =(
or when pawns get super pissed and go berserk one by one because you sold prisoners, wtf is that about anyway. Its soooooo damn annoying

Cimanyd

Quote from: mc858 on September 04, 2015, 08:33:18 PM
or when pawns get super pissed and go berserk one by one because you sold prisoners, wtf is that about anyway. Its soooooo damn annoying

...Don't sell prisoners, then? ???

Or keep your colonists happy through other means in spite of the selling.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

mc858

why would they give a damn if i sell a prisoner that minutes ago was trying to KILL EVERYONE IN MY COLONY

its like a -20 hit on their happiness.....it just doesnt make any sense and its annoying af

wish i could disable it along with mechs and evil ships....the game would be 100x better IMO

xlockeed

Quote from: mc858 on September 04, 2015, 08:55:49 PM
why would they give a damn if i sell a prisoner that minutes ago was trying to KILL EVERYONE IN MY COLONY

its like a -20 hit on their happiness.....it just doesnt make any sense and its annoying af

wish i could disable it along with mechs and evil ships....the game would be 100x better IMO
You sold them into slavery or an organ farmer. Think about it, will you be next if the time comes? Moral hit. It's -8 by the way and lasts a day cycle.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

NemesisN

I rarely ever get Toxic fallout event
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Lady Wolf

Quote from: cronicscream on September 04, 2015, 05:09:08 PMAnyone know of anyway to remove the event Toxic Fallout?

Quote from: mc858 on September 04, 2015, 08:55:49 PM

I wish i could disable it along with mechs and evil ships....the game would be 100x better IMO

You can disable all these things rather easily if you really want to, all you need is a text editor like note pad, or win32 pad and about 15 minutes of time. (I prefer win32 pad because it's free and has an option to enable line # so you can easily reference values.)

To disable the toxic fallout event:

Go to the Mods/core/defs/incidentdefs folder and open the Incidents_Bad_Misc.xml

Go to line 55 <chance>0.25</chance>

Change the 0.25 to 0.00 to prevent the toxic fallout from happening. (Down a little lower in the same file are values to adjust the length of time is last and such as well if you simply wish to lessen the duration or severity.)

To lessen/remove the slavery penalty:

Using your text editor of choice just go into your mods/core/defs/thoughtdefs folder and open the Thoughts_Memories.xml

Go to line 412 <baseMoodEffect>-8</baseMoodEffect>

Change the value to -2 or what not to make the penalty less severe or 0 to sell prisoners with impunity.

To disable the mechanoid faction:

CMods/Core/Defs/FactionDefs folder and open the Factions.xml

Go to line 312     <raidCommonality>37</raidCommonality>

Change the 37 to 0 to stop the mechanoid raids.

To disable the evil psychic ship event:

Go to the Mods/core/defs/incidentdefs folder and open the Incidents_Bad_ThreatsBig.xml

Go to line 29 <chance>1.1</chance>

Change the 1.1 to 0 to turn off the psychic ship event.

I hope this helps you both adjust the game more to your liking, feel free to post here or pm me if you have any questions on it.  8)

Panzer

Removing features because you cant deal with it, dont know if thats the way to go...

I guess you die because your crops die, ever thought of indoor growing? Thats what the sunlamp is there for, it also protects your crops from raiders, you can remove the roof and shut the lamp off when theres no fallout. If you die because of poisoned colonists, then you should plan ahead and make something like a large kitchen freezer dining room complex, so your colonists spend the majority of their time indoors. It might also be a good idea to get used to the area tool, it is really useful if you know how to handle it.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Panzer on September 05, 2015, 04:20:56 AM
Removing features because you cant deal with it, dont know if thats the way to go...

Eh, it's a single player game, so if they find certain features kill the fun for them then what's the harm in them modding it to their liking? It's not as if their changes will effect the way it plays for anyone else.  ;)

Panzer

My guess is he ll spend more time learning how to remove the features then learning how to deal with them ;D

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Panzer on September 05, 2015, 04:20:56 AM

I guess you die because your crops die, ever thought of indoor growing? Thats what the sunlamp is there for, it also protects your crops from raiders, you can remove the roof and shut the lamp off when theres no fallout. If you die because of poisoned colonists, then you should plan ahead and make something like a large kitchen freezer dining room complex, so your colonists spend the majority of their time indoors. It might also be a good idea to get used to the area tool, it is really useful if you know how to handle it.

What a presumptuous post. Circumventing the Fallout event is trivial, just build an indoor colony. In fact, there is no distinct advantage to building separate buildings beyond aesthetics and a minuscule amount of resources saved. All the event does is make you whole up inside for months on end while your colony runs on autopilot. Its a poorly designed event that is not fun to deal with and should never have been in the game in the first place.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Panzer

I just grow tired of all the whining in the forums lately with people asking to get stuff removed or nerfed because they cant figure out how to deal with it, instead they should just ask for help learing how to deal with it, get some ideas here on the forum.

The event by itself might not be the most exciting, true, but it is not poorly designed. It becomes interesting in conjunction with other events, a siege or shippart, maybe even a droppod with things you really want to have but is on the other side of the map.

akiceabear

Quote from: Panzer on September 05, 2015, 05:10:05 AM
The event by itself might not be the most exciting, true, but it is not poorly designed. It becomes interesting in conjunction with other events, a siege or shippart, maybe even a droppod with things you really want to have but is on the other side of the map.

+1

cronicscream

The event isn't difficult at all, just makes the game boring if it lasts too long. Watching your team scurry around inside for a month gets tedious unless you get another event happen too (has never happened in my games).

Thanks to Lady Wolf's info I was able to lessen the duration instead of disabling it!  8)