[A13] A Dog Said... - Core friendly animal surgery (11-04-16)

Started by Latta, September 09, 2015, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtonyGdawgSA

Cant figure out why its not working for me I tried diff. mod loading times, deactivating mods, i cant figure it out.
I look in the log and it doesn't show asa initializing like others show it should, I don't know what to do, any help would be great!
The mods I'm using and their loading points are below:

Core
Community Core Library V0.12.2
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
LT-ASA
LT-A Dig Said...
Mad Skills            (prevents skill degradation)
EdB Prepare Carefully    (allows Custom built crash & people
Enviro SK            (animal AI updater allows animals to hunt)
EdB Mod Order    (custom mod adding screen)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Craftable Medicines
Matter Converter
EdB Interface 

i have tried different orders, any ideas wold be great, maybe i missed something that needed to go into the mods folder? I don't know.
Thanks in advance

LanMc

I am having the same issue.  The ASA is not loading.  No idea why.  No errors either so can't even share a log that could help resolve this.  :(
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

blackdove

So I went and did some basic trouble shooting since I've had some of the same problems.  For LanMc and Bigtony, it appears that the latest update to EDB interface is deactivating ASA or overwriting the operations tab for animals.  Version 3.0.2 of EDB interface works with ASA so it was something in the last update that breaks it. 
For davyXD, from my testing Brunayla's Neurotrainer Production mod is what is causing the 4 front left legs, absolutely no idea how it manages this.  Fixing these are definitely beyond me but at least you know what's causing the problems now

Edit: and Glittertech also causes the 4 front left legs
Edit2: looks like Glittertech when defining the replicators overwrites leg defs for quadrupeds causing the low leg HP and 4 front left legs.  If you go into GT and modify the bodydefs, bodypartdefs, and bodypartgroupdefs and change the name of the legs it should fix the bug and hopefully not break GT

Latta

Thank you, blackdove. Glittertech....
And yes, EdB UI's alt health tab will overwrite ASA. Maybe try disable health tab only.

LanMc

Thanks blackdove and Latta!  I will disable the health tab and see what happens! 

Has someone let EdB know this is happening?

Again, much thanks!  I have been blessedly spoiled and curing my pets is a must for me now. 

EDIT:  It worked brilliantly!  Disabling the Heath tab only in EdB's Interface allows me to see the operations tab for my animals.  Thanks again!

EDIT 2:  It works, but every time you leave the game and come back in you have to reset it or the animal operations tab doesn't appear.  Yes, even if you have turned the Health tab option in EdB's Interface off.  What I did is just click it on then off again and the operation tab reappeared. 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

bigtonyGdawgSA

Coenmcj

How'd I miss this little gem? Time to turn my Wargs into mean, brown furballs of flying death!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

dareddevil7

You know what's missing? Bionic jaws for your wargs to rip apart your foes

Smexy_Vampire

Ouan

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on October 07, 2015, 04:12:33 AM
the drop box says a10 not 12 ? help ? find a12 link plZ
Smexy, smexy... That is the A12 version. It is the 10a version of the mod for A12. There were no pets for Rimworld prior to A12, thus the mod could not have existed then. Well, Latta is pretty amazing, so mayhaps time-travel is in off. I am using this version myself now on my modded colony and it works great. You just need to make sure to turn off the health tab in the interface options if you use EbD's interface mod. And the proper mod load order. You need the base mod first.
Damn Pirates!

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: LanMc on September 26, 2015, 11:33:35 AM
Thanks blackdove and Latta!  I will disable the health tab and see what happens! 

Has someone let EdB know this is happening?

Again, much thanks!  I have been blessedly spoiled and curing my pets is a must for me now. 

EDIT:  It worked brilliantly!  Disabling the Heath tab only in EdB's Interface allows me to see the operations tab for my animals.  Thanks again!

EDIT 2:  It works, but every time you leave the game and come back in you have to reset it or the animal operations tab doesn't appear.  Yes, even if you have turned the Health tab option in EdB's Interface off.  What I did is just click it on then off again and the operation tab reappeared.

cant you just comment out the hp tab thiggy ? in the mod so it stays off ?

Quote from: dareddevil7 on October 04, 2015, 04:01:54 PM
You know what's missing? Bionic jaws for your wargs to rip apart your foes

Im not to knolageable on codeing , i dont know about makeing a rim world mod . but looking at the xml file you could priddy mutch coppy paste the legs and rename it jaw. and if you wnated to go one step ferther you could make it animal size able but its kinda funny to put a dogs jaw on something like a cow :V

Purble1234

In the mod folder (like the one I put in the folder that initially has only core) only contains a file named README.md but I opened it in notepad and it was empty, pls help because I would like to use this mod.

SundayTuesday

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 13, 2015, 08:35:20 AM
I think I noticed a bug. My dog's front left leg was destroyed in a skirmish, but when I'm putting in a bionic leg. I get 4 options for front left leg. when I clicked on one, they did the operation, but it was the wrong leg (somehow)

Yeah I have this problem too.
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Minnigin

are you by chance using glitter tech? there was an issue with the animal front legs but there is a fix in the glitter thread, here , https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.msg176112#msg176112

Hague

Would it be possible to add some ability to command obedient animals to wear apparel? Apparel has tags you can add that associates them with different tech levels but it could also be used to indicate whether an armor can be worn as barding etc. I don't know as Rimworld supports animals wearing clothes or differentiating between animal types but the ability to armor your pets would be pretty rad. Again, IDK if pets can even have a gear tab.

Also, I second the bionic jaws suggestion. An addendum:  stun jaws to that list so my pets can be sent in to quell berserk pawns with an electric bite. Basically anything from the pet you get in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Speaking of general pet things,