[A12] TheGentlePack (UOP REBOOTED)

Started by TheGentlmen, September 30, 2015, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toosa

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 02, 2015, 10:00:55 AM
I have released my copy of UOP, it has a few extra mods, like mountain temp, and smooth wall, it has ALMOST all the paches (Not including no seeds please & no darkness), a custom version of darkenses and is missing alien ants and miner's helmet.

snipped legal jargon

New to modding. First heard about UOP yesterday, when it was already too late :(

I downloaded your copy of UOP. Installed on a fresh install of RW (12d) (extracted mods to mod folder, copied modconfig to appdata). Got ~20 red errors. When in-game, missing loads of graphics. Anyone else getting this, or is it just me?

Jakey52

Gentle i believe the person mentioning droids is referring to the droids from MD2 (they weren't added previously due to apparently being incompatible with the mods and there was no patch made at the time)

FX2K

Yeah MD2 droids isn't A12 compatible yet, I think I read that its being re-written... but MAI Robots is pretty cool anyway.

Praetorian

Sorry to add to your woes but it appears the 'noseedsplease' patch doesn't actually work, I've had to manually disable the 'seedsplease' mod entirely, although so far that has worked effectively (on new maps/worlds only obviously) without causing a bunch of error messages.

Parmenides

many thanks for your work and that you posted it for us !

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Jakey52 on October 03, 2015, 07:27:09 AM
Gentle i believe the person mentioning droids is referring to the droids from MD2 (they weren't added previously due to apparently being incompatible with the mods and there was no patch made at the time)
Thier bieng rewriten...

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Praetorian on October 03, 2015, 08:52:45 AM
Sorry to add to your woes but it appears the 'noseedsplease' patch doesn't actually work, I've had to manually disable the 'seedsplease' mod entirely, although so far that has worked effectively (on new maps/worlds only obviously) without causing a bunch of error messages.
Yes it does:
"This patch allows you to safely remove seeds please. This patch MUST be applied LAST and Seeds Please Mod must be disabled manually in game." -Old website

Without the patch, when ya disable the mod the game bugs out and stuff.

FX2K

Quote from: Praetorian on October 03, 2015, 08:52:45 AM

If you have "no seeds" listed as a mod, then you probably didn't unzip it correctly. 
When unzipping it (last) it should overwrite some files.  Then you only have to disable the seeds please mod, there is nothing to enable

I'm still running with the 216 build of UOP with Glitter-tech, no seeds & tools for haul, since it was the last one I had downloaded..
I have the rimsenal patch too, but that was downloaded with build 191, not sure how much changed in UOP's last few days of being online.

silentwolf123

Nice job gentleman, wish you the best of luck.

TLHeart

TheGentelmen,

Please pick a direction for your mod pack, and stick to it, don't let it get bogged down with request after request.  UOM had become bloated, and due to the huge lag, was becoming unplayable.

You can try to please all the people, and add everything, which will upset everyone along the way, or pick a direction, and stick to it.

And if your small mods are any indication of where you will be going, then I will not want your modpack... and that is my choice, nothing against you, but you seem to like the hard impossible challenge. I prefer the challenge of building the base/colony, and running of the colony, and keeping the colonist happy.

I wish you luck, and a thick skin.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: TLHeart on October 03, 2015, 05:03:29 PM
TheGentelmen,

Please pick a direction for your mod pack, and stick to it, don't let it get bogged down with request after request.  UOM had become bloated, and due to the huge lag, was becoming unplayable.

You can try to please all the people, and add everything, which will upset everyone along the way, or pick a direction, and stick to it.

And if your small mods are any indication of where you will be going, then I will not want your modpack... and that is my choice, nothing against you, but you seem to like the hard impossible challenge. I prefer the challenge of building the base/colony, and running of the colony, and keeping the colonist happy.

I wish you luck, and a thick skin.

I plan to make it relatively challenging (Slightly less then HCSK), where the only way to live is to automate everything, a foundation of this will be the research web, something like the one in Civ 5. That means you can reach your goals in multiple ways.

But my main goal is simple quality of life things, vein miner, edb interface, research info, health tabs, HILCAH and similar.

I don't plan to make a wooden skyscraper on a marsh that will crash down in the slightest touch. I plan to make a small room, a modpack-lite with a good foundation.

So basically my version of SC + things like MIA and droids with a few random mods here and thier, mods which you will never notice.

As for my 'fun' mods, they'll must like be not included... and if they do they'll be in the form of patches.

Edit:
On a thurver note, I'm not going to try to cater to everyone, its not called TheEveryonePack, its called TheGentlePack. Its thery hard to convince me to do something. If I think the earth is flat, it will take you weeks for you to make me even CONSIDER that the earth isn't. So I'll leave it on this:

_Random Person WWSIHNPTA*_
_ME_
Will you listen to my every command?                       Is it on my list.
Yes.I don't see it, try again.
It will make you a better person.I like being horrible.
It will make you a more liked person person.I like being hated.
It will make you rich.I am already rich in happiness, my modpack gave me all I want from it.
You will be cursed.I am always cursed, cursed with the gift of entertainment.
You are evil.I am always always evil, I was so evil that I made this modpack to entertain you.
I will spam you.I love spam, it make me know that people care. You wouldn't bother spaming me if you didn't care.
I will strip your fame.You will strip nothing, I'm having no fame, never had any fame and never will have any fame.
I will steal your modpack, change it as I please then claim its all mine.I'd love to see a derivative of my work. It will make me know that my work was soo cared for that someone decided to put in the effort to insure that if I give up thier will always be something for overs to play!
*Who Wants Something I have No Plan To Add

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Toosa on October 03, 2015, 05:32:41 AM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 02, 2015, 10:00:55 AM
I have released my copy of UOP, it has a few extra mods, like mountain temp, and smooth wall, it has ALMOST all the paches (Not including no seeds please & no darkness), a custom version of darkenses and is missing alien ants and miner's helmet.

snipped legal jargon
New to modding. First heard about UOP yesterday, when it was already too late :(

I downloaded your copy of UOP. Installed on a fresh install of RW (12d) (extracted mods to mod folder, copied modconfig to appdata). Got ~20 red errors. When in-game, missing loads of graphics. Anyone else getting this, or is it just me?
Did you add the modconfig?

NuclearStudent

This isn't really related to the Gentlepack, because this is an issue with the original UOP.

Where are all the added backstories to be found? A couple are in Backstories Core, a couple in PreTranscended, and a couple in BetterTribals, but I don't know where the rest are. The gratuitous overuse of restrictions in some of the backstories is annoying me (why would an urbworld humanitarian be unable to face fire?), and I feel like manually editing a few things.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: NuclearStudent on October 03, 2015, 07:28:39 PM
This isn't really related to the Gentlepack, because this is an issue with the original UOP.

Where are all the added backstories to be found? A couple are in Backstories Core, a couple in PreTranscended, and a couple in BetterTribals, but I don't know where the rest are. The gratuitous overuse of restrictions in some of the backstories is annoying me (why would an urbworld humanitarian be unable to face fire?), and I feel like manually editing a few things.
/shrug

Ask Nine...

If you know the names of the missing backstories search for it.

Nanao-kun

I'm using the file from the third post in the thread, but it seems a number of things are missing textures, such as bars and copper ore. Should I simply wait for the new version instead?