[TOOL] RW SaveEditor (v.0.6/Alpha 3)

Started by keensta, January 15, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keensta

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on February 05, 2014, 06:40:07 PM
i really like the look and behave of your tool. thumbs up :)

something i missed and like to see is a "raidereditor", like the colonisteditor. maybe it's also possible to edit prisoners =)

Thanks a lot, means a lot.

Also yeah that would be good I can see that help recruit prisoners quick if it's possible to edit them which I can only guess would be. Also raiders editor would be a good addition especially if you want to toughen then up abit to give yourself a challenge.

What's ill do is rename the colonist editor to PawnEditor and allow you to select which type you want to edit that way they all use the same base editor.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

eagleFMJ

Great tool, I love it!

I had refugee join my colony, but when I try to edit him with save editor and hit save, I don't get the pop up message that settings have been saved, and sure enough they don't save, however I can edit and save all my other colonists just fine. I have three people I started with then one guy (Wilko) joined my colony later on (see attachment).

Edit: ok now I can edit him but only after I selected a weapon then hit save (he had no weapon before), now I can edit and save as usual.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

keensta

Quote from: eagleFMJ on February 06, 2014, 10:00:46 PM
Great tool, I love it!

I had refugee join my colony, but when I try to edit him with save editor and hit save, I don't get the pop up message that settings have been saved, and sure enough they don't save, however I can edit and save all my other colonists just fine. I have three people I started with then one guy (Wilko) joined my colony later on (see attachment).

Edit: ok now I can edit him but only after I selected a weapon then hit save (he had no weapon before), now I can edit and save as usual.

Thanks a lot. Means a lot. I do enjoy making it for the community to use.

If you have the save file with the problematic saving that be great if not I'll replicate the issue to the best I can.
I'm just fixing some other bugs ATM and adding in the backup and maybe the update feature so I'll fix this to.

But I'll release it all in one push proberly Sunday night.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

keensta

Updated the programs version to 0.4 Check the OP change log for information on whats changed.

Also this update is mainly 99% bug fixes the feature additions the only feature added was skill editing. Rest were bug fixes.

Solanus

Don't know if this is possible, but I have two prisoners that currently are fairly useless, so I had been (incorrectly) holding out hope that a slave trader would arrive and I could sell them off.  Now that I know that won't happen, it would be good to get them into a state where they can be useful for anything but combat (if that).  However, currently your editor does not allow for changing of backstories, or separately changing the incapable activities, to stop them from being incapable of 90% of the game.  It's hard enough to manage to incapacitate a raider (especially without killing them in the same volley) in order to capture them at all, but then that's all you end up with. 

Any progress toward adding that feature would be much appreciated!

keensta

Quote from: Solanus on February 18, 2014, 11:28:14 AM
Don't know if this is possible, but I have two prisoners that currently are fairly useless, so I had been (incorrectly) holding out hope that a slave trader would arrive and I could sell them off.  Now that I know that won't happen, it would be good to get them into a state where they can be useful for anything but combat (if that).  However, currently your editor does not allow for changing of backstories, or separately changing the incapable activities, to stop them from being incapable of 90% of the game.  It's hard enough to manage to incapacitate a raider (especially without killing them in the same volley) in order to capture them at all, but then that's all you end up with. 

Any progress toward adding that feature would be much appreciated!

Yeah I having the same problem with my save one my colonists is being a pain as I can't use them either. So I'm looking to write this just after I type this. It take a while due to the extent of current stories in the game. So I'll have to include them all.

Currently the editor doesn't allow prisoners to be edited mainly because there not loaded it should just be a couple of lines added to allow that to be possible. Maybe just a drop down menu to select which type you want loaded (Colonists, Prisoners or Raiders)..

But to answer your question simply "On it now"

archknight

this needs to get updated for the latest will be happy when it is =D

keensta

Quote from: archknight on February 27, 2014, 08:45:49 AM
this needs to get updated for the latest will be happy when it is =D

Working on it now. Shouldn't be to long I've got some new features added to it as well.
Also I've got to create a way for stuff like project armourey weapons to load into the editor so people can select them.

keensta

I'm posting here to say It's taken a bit longer to fix then I first Imagined also i've not been able to work on it constantly either.

However I do have a Alpha 2 working version however it doesn't know how to handle any mods yet. I expected all modders to follow the core suite however some mods like Project Armory haven't and actually list each weapon in it's own file. Which does create a problem with the system I wrote so I'm rewriting it to account for any other mods like that.

Currently it will only handle any Weapon based modifications due to they are the only ones that effect the editor. All other do not currently any resource adding mods are instantly handled by how I handle stockpile in the first place :).
Shouldn't be to much longer.

Scrove

Wondering how your progress has gone?

gehennianviceroy

I'll bump for an update on your progress as well! I can't wait for this to be updated. I spend a good half hour painstakingly modifying my save-game by hand and from the looks of the screenshots, this tool is perfect for quickly editing colonists to one's liking.

keensta

Quote from: Scrove on March 19, 2014, 03:20:45 AM
Wondering how your progress has gone?
Quote from: gehennianviceroy on March 26, 2014, 12:48:03 PM
I'll bump for an update on your progress as well! I can't wait for this to be updated. I spend a good half hour painstakingly modifying my save-game by hand and from the looks of the screenshots, this tool is perfect for quickly editing colonists to one's liking.

Sorry for not updating people or uploading the product here. I've been busy and to top it off a part in my computer failed and I wasn't able to get hold of the code (didn't push newest update to GitHub) so I couldn't release it.
I was unable to afford the part so I had to wait till I could.

However It's done and I've just updated the OP. So go there read the details and check out the change log at the bottom of the OP and download and enjoy :)
I'll be creating a video later today hopefully to show of any new features and changes. :)
Do report any Bugs that you find ENJOY :)

**Note to mods**
If you could please move this tool to the Releases section that would be great. It's fully working with Alpha 2

Celthric Aysen

This is cool, and very useful, and very fun to play with xD.
Nice work!
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

keensta

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 06, 2014, 11:14:29 AM
This is cool, and very useful, and very fun to play with xD.
Nice work!
Thanks a lot. Oh your deviantart gallery is awesome some very nice textures there.

@Everyone else
I'm fixing a few Colonist loading bugs once done a Alpha 3 compatible version of the save editor will be out.

Big thanks to Sandalwood for fixing a massive encoding issue with saving/loading Rimworlds file A* person :)

Vas

Colonist editor doesn't work. Doesn't load any colonists at all from a fresh save.

Should use the same folder as last time when you look for a save file.

Can't set colony name either.  Won't let me type in the box.

I also think that you should allow the window to be resized, and the elements inside moved around and positions saved on exit.

I do think it's very nice though, not as nice as RimEdit because it lets me edit the entire map visually and all as well as colonists (a bit).  As for the problems, I can tell you my system details if it helps, or at least the relevant info.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  i7 3.1GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 560m 2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM.  Not sure that stuff is relevant though, so it might be something to do with the OS, but I dunno.

The UI is extremely interesting, especially the file browser.  Is this a MAC design or something?  I mean it looks great, unlike Windows at all.  Though it kinda defeats the purpose of me having a custom theme for my computer.  xP

Sorry if I seem like a hardass for pointing out all the broken bits and stuff.  I just think of it as being thorough.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.