[TOOL] RW SaveEditor (v.0.6/Alpha 3)

Started by keensta, January 15, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ENE

same problem here... I CAN NOT EDIT any of my colonist --> no colonist name excist.
THANK..

keensta

Quote from: Vas on April 18, 2014, 03:59:36 PM
Colonist editor doesn't work. Doesn't load any colonists at all from a fresh save.

Should use the same folder as last time when you look for a save file.

Can't set colony name either.  Won't let me type in the box.

I also think that you should allow the window to be resized, and the elements inside moved around and positions saved on exit.

I do think it's very nice though, not as nice as RimEdit because it lets me edit the entire map visually and all as well as colonists (a bit).  As for the problems, I can tell you my system details if it helps, or at least the relevant info.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  i7 3.1GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 560m 2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM.  Not sure that stuff is relevant though, so it might be something to do with the OS, but I dunno.

The UI is extremely interesting, especially the file browser.  Is this a MAC design or something?  I mean it looks great, unlike Windows at all.  Though it kinda defeats the purpose of me having a custom theme for my computer.  xP

Sorry if I seem like a hardass for pointing out all the broken bits and stuff.  I just think of it as being thorough.
Quote from: ENE on April 19, 2014, 08:00:04 AM
same problem here... I CAN NOT EDIT any of my colonist --> no colonist name excist.
THANK..

About the colonist editor part not working. Here is my post just before yours, you most likely missed it.
Quote from: keensta on April 18, 2014, 03:21:34 PM
@Everyone else
I'm fixing a few Colonist loading bugs once done a Alpha 3 compatible version of the save editor will be out.

Big thanks to Sandalwood for fixing a massive encoding issue with saving/loading Rimworlds file A* person :)

So the versions you are currently using our built for Alpha 2 However for one of the first time's RimWorld hasn't hugely changed it's save file meaning some aspects still work minus the Colonist editor of course :P

As for the rest of your questions.

1.Q Should use the same folder as last time when you look for a save file.
1.A It used to automatically find the save files location but with RimWorld Alpha 3 update it now has moved to the location of the game. Which I never expected so it no longer works. However I have fixed this problem in the next version which after defining the RimWorlds folder location once it will find the "Mod" and "Save" folder locations.

2.Q Can't set colony name either.  Won't let me type in the box.
2.A That's because I disabled the ability to do this due to the save button breaking. However I've now fixed that save button and it has been re-enabled so naming the Colony will be able to be done.

3.Q I also think that you should allow the window to be resized, and the elements inside moved around and positions saved on exit.
3.A When designing the programs Gui I never had such a thing in mind. So I used absolute positioning so resizing make it look strange. Even with grid based positioning it'd get kinda strange.

4.Q I do think it's very nice though, not as nice as RimEdit because it lets me edit the entire map visually and all as well as colonists (a bit).  As for the problems, I can tell you my system details if it helps, or at least the relevant info.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  i7 3.1GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 560m 2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM.  Not sure that stuff is relevant though, so it might be something to do with the OS, but I dunno.
4.A Not really a question but RimEdit is more of a Visual map editing tool and it's great for that. I could add such a thing but it'd be like trying to reinvent the wheel, pointless. However if RimEdit were to die I may look at creating something to replace it but atm it looks like it's staying. I personally think that my colonist editor is just that bit more indepth. My program was created more to edit the save file not the map *Even tho the map is saved in there* also it works without a internet connection :).

5.Q The UI is extremely interesting, especially the file browser.  Is this a MAC design or something?  I mean it looks great, unlike Windows at all.  Though it kinda defeats the purpose of me having a custom theme for my computer.  xP
5.A I use http://weblookandfeel.com/ which is a free Look and Feel for java. Which by the site you can see it very much take's a Mac type theme on. As for your custom Windows theme it might not effect my program even if I didn't have a Look and Feel due to the theme designer would of had to take into account Java based buttons and so on. Just how Java works :).

6.Q Sorry if I seem like a hardass for pointing out all the broken bits and stuff.  I just think of it as being thorough.
6.A It's fine always need thing's pointing out to me so I can make sure I get them fixed or atleast improved. Hopefully my above answers satisfy your needs :P
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Morgan_Freeman

I am thoroughly confused on how this works... Does this work for Alpha 3? I set it up downloaded it.. followed the instructions where you open the "mod" folder. Then from there, where I am brought to a smaller box where it says File and about, and on the bottom it says Save File. So when I click FILE and LOAD. I select the world I want and once I click open nothing really happens. PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME  :-\

Titty Sprinkles...

keensta

Quote from: Morgan_Freeman on April 20, 2014, 04:16:25 PM
I am thoroughly confused on how this works... Does this work for Alpha 3? I set it up downloaded it.. followed the instructions where you open the "mod" folder. Then from there, where I am brought to a smaller box where it says File and about, and on the bottom it says Save File. So when I click FILE and LOAD. I select the world I want and once I click open nothing really happens. PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME  :-\

Sorry forgot to upload the new details on how to use it check them out and before you do open the perf.xml that's found next to the program and change the option "firstLoad" from no to yes then follow the instructions in the first post.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

ENE

so we are able to edit the colonist now?

keensta

Quote from: ENE on April 21, 2014, 08:38:08 AM
so we are able to edit the colonist now?

Yes they should load fine now. It was because you would of been trying to edit Alpha 3 Save with the Alpha 2 version of the editor. So it's all fixed now.

Architect

I'm glad this is up and running again :) It sat for too long in the unfinished section :D
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Serapaxson

i get to the save file part i choose my save file and nothing happens at all i'm really confused :S

keensta

Quote from: Architect on April 21, 2014, 11:09:57 AM
I'm glad this is up and running again :) It sat for too long in the unfinished section :D

Yeah took some time off. Came back because it seems like its the only one left.

Quote from: Serapaxson on April 21, 2014, 12:49:02 PM
i get to the save file part i choose my save file and nothing happens at all i'm really confused :S

So nothing at all comes up so it displays no buttons at all? If this is so then what I suggest is there should be a txt document at the same location as the program. If you open that there should be a error there if you just paste that here I should be able to find out the problem.

Morgan_Freeman

Hi there Keensta! ;D First off I would like to thank you for the prompt response on my question, that problem is now fixed thanks to you! Anywho just recently I have been trying to edit the colonists (Stats mainly). Each time I save the new stats for the Colonists and move onto the next colonist it does not appear to be saved, I have just tried editing one colonist and clicking save. After that I save the whole file and load it up on RimWorld, and it does not appear. :(
Titty Sprinkles...

keensta

Quote from: Morgan_Freeman on April 21, 2014, 06:35:49 PM
Hi there Keensta! ;D First off I would like to thank you for the prompt response on my question, that problem is now fixed thanks to you! Anywho just recently I have been trying to edit the colonists (Stats mainly). Each time I save the new stats for the Colonists and move onto the next colonist it does not appear to be saved, I have just tried editing one colonist and clicking save. After that I save the whole file and load it up on RimWorld, and it does not appear. :(

No problem it's what I do. I've checked the code the only thing I see is that I'm still using the old saving method for colonist related things were everything else uses the new method so that could be it I'll patch that soon as (just on ipad ATM).

However just in case it should pop up with a notification saving it's saved that colonist when ever you hit save if your not seeing this or even if you are check out the RwEditor_output.txt if there is anything in there post it here it will contain any program errors making solveing this easier.

Serapaxson

Hey here is the log file Hope there is something in there :/

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at me.keensta.file.ModLoader.loadModData(ModLoader.java:62)
   at me.keensta.file.ModLoader.loadMods(ModLoader.java:38)
   at me.keensta.file.ModLoader.<init>(ModLoader.java:29)
   at me.keensta.AppWindow.setFiles(AppWindow.java:175)
   at me.keensta.actionlisteners.menu.LoadListener.actionPerformed(LoadListener.java:31)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

keensta

Quote from: Serapaxson on April 22, 2014, 01:09:36 AM
Hey here is the log file Hope there is something in there :/

Hmm seems like it's failing to load any mods. What mods do you have?

Also when you first loaded the program and was prompted to select a folder did you select the mod folder or the folder that houses RimWorld and it's folders?

Serapaxson

I am using the big bang mod pack and most of the other mods that are not included, I don't have a problem playing the game with them all enabled so I don't have any idea why the editor is having issues.

When I first opened the program i selected the main rimworld folder like you stated in the guide on the first page :P

macbuk

I also can't change anything.

In the output file there is:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at me.keensta.xmleditting.EditResources.activateCode(EditResources.java:55)
   at me.keensta.actionlisteners.resources.UpdateListener.actionPerformed(UpdateListener.java:29)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)