[TOOL] RW SaveEditor (v.0.6/Alpha 3)

Started by keensta, January 15, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keensta

Quote from: gigan on January 28, 2014, 07:18:40 PM
Kick ass!  It would be nice to change the cosmetic properties of a character.   I dislike generating my character and having him be a skinny naked guy or something, haha.

Yeah while I've been updating and changing the colonist editor for the new alpha I've seen a section which I assume handles the characters look I'll play around with it see what results I get.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

ItchyFlea

In the appearance section (<story> and <apparel>), there are several fields that handle the colours in RGBA format, but with the value ranging from 0 to 1. The fields affect the colour of the skin, hair and clothing. (<skinColor>, <hairColor>, <Color>)

I divide the colour values I want by 255 and get roughly the colour I wanted in-game.

Hope this helps.  :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

keensta

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 28, 2014, 08:04:10 PM
In the appearance section (<story> and <apparel>), there are several fields that handle the colours in RGBA format, but with the value ranging from 0 to 1. The fields affect the colour of the skin, hair and clothing. (<skinColor>, <hairColor>, <Color>)

I divide the colour values I want by 255 and get roughly the colour I wanted in-game.

Hope this helps.  :)

Thanks a lot for the information it helps when saving time and makes my job easier.

Everyone:
I've added some new things to the "Future Features/updates" list.
The main one which I think will become quite popular will be the place a steam geyser anywere.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

keensta

Updated to Beta 0.3

Check out the changelog at bottom of OP to find out the changes.

Cdr.Keen

first, after downloading it - i do not know what to do with the file (.jar.zip). as a windows user, i extracted the .zip and get 3 jars', some folders and icons and stuff. but there was nothing in working for me.

takes some time to figure out that i simply have to rename the .jar.zip (just remove the .zip). but first time i've done this, windows creats a folder called (rweditor.jar). after deleting it and downloading it again, the renaming worked and i got an executable .jar .

bit confusing because of windows handling with .zip files :)
be water my friend!

keensta

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on January 30, 2014, 02:14:17 PM
first, after downloading it - i do not know what to do with the file (.jar.zip). as a windows user, i extracted the .zip and get 3 jars', some folders and icons and stuff. but there was nothing in working for me.

takes some time to figure out that i simply have to rename the .jar.zip (just remove the .zip). but first time i've done this, windows creats a folder called (rweditor.jar). after deleting it and downloading it again, the renaming worked and i got an executable .jar .

bit confusing because of windows handling with .zip files :)

Strange I'm on Windows 8 myself when ever I download the file it download as the RwEditor.jar which is what I uploaded. As soon as you download it go to you downloads folder and it should already be a .jar file and nothing else. I have no clue why or how you've managed to get a .jar.zip version I just tried to see if I could do that but I'm unable to replicate it. 

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: keensta on January 30, 2014, 03:49:49 PM

Strange I'm on Windows 8 myself when ever I download the file it download as the RwEditor.jar which is what I uploaded. As soon as you download it go to you downloads folder and it should already be a .jar file and nothing else. I have no clue why or how you've managed to get a .jar.zip version I just tried to see if I could do that but I'm unable to replicate it.

well, yes - as you say it like that - i don't know it too Oo

you uploaded it right, but firefox saves it different.

be water my friend!

keensta

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on January 30, 2014, 04:40:10 PM
Quote from: keensta on January 30, 2014, 03:49:49 PM

well, yes - as you say it like that - i don't know it too Oo

you uploaded it right, but firefox saves it different.

Have you tried the Open With "Windows Explorer" option at all? See if that opens it with the jar file inside.

I just downloaded FireFox and tested this for myself it seems to work fine on mine(Download wise), I seriously am completely stumped to why its doing this. But as long as you got the thing working is all that matters.

Swederell

What anti-virus do you have running on your machine? Sometimes they can interact with downloads and rename them for your own safety. JAR's, being executable, may have been renamed to protect you. Mind you, I haven't seen this behaviour recently.

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: Swederell on January 30, 2014, 05:43:44 PM
What anti-virus do you have running on your machine? Sometimes they can interact with downloads and rename them for your own safety. JAR's, being executable, may have been renamed to protect you. Mind you, I haven't seen this behaviour recently.

thank you for this suggestion, sounds reliable - i haven't figured out yet what it causes. i'm not unaware with such files, but last time i downloaded a .jar i had no problems (month ago, maybe "things" changed).

it's not uncommon to zip jars, so i extracted it automatically after download - this is where confusion started :). i'll have to double check it next time.
be water my friend!

Cdr.Keen

i've played a bit around with it - some things work great, some do not.

here's my summary of wha i used:
- clearing raiders works perfect.
- clearing corpses works, clearing blood not
- colonisteditor works for some of my colonists, the others it won't save

if you like my savegame, i'll upload it for you :)
be water my friend!

keensta

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on February 04, 2014, 05:01:41 PM
i've played a bit around with it - some things work great, some do not.

here's my summary of wha i used:
- clearing raiders works perfect.
- clearing corpses works, clearing blood not
- colonisteditor works for some of my colonists, the others it won't save

if you like my savegame, i'll upload it for you :)

Yeah if I could that would be great also the colonists your trying to save do they have grenade as the selected weapon. If not what colonists are not saving and what did you change about them ??

Cdr.Keen

i basically changed the loyalty, health and food to 100. most of the colonists didn't own any weapon at this time, others pistols.

i played a bit since i used it, most of the colonists are not visible in the list now (too long). i'm able to reproduce it with Roughchild, Svejgaard and Jen. When i hit "save", the popup does not show up.

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/44530120/file.html
be water my friend!

keensta

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on February 05, 2014, 01:37:07 PM
i basically changed the loyalty, health and food to 100. most of the colonists didn't own any weapon at this time, others pistols.

i played a bit since i used it, most of the colonists are not visible in the list now (too long). i'm able to reproduce it with Roughchild, Svejgaard and Jen. When i hit "save", the popup does not show up.

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/44530120/file.html

Thanks for the info already fixed the saving issue just looking into why blood removing isn't working also I'll make that list scrollable.

Cdr.Keen

i really like the look and behave of your tool. thumbs up :)

something i missed and like to see is a "raidereditor", like the colonisteditor. maybe it's also possible to edit prisoners =)
be water my friend!