[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowtapus

I've noticed an odd bug and am not 100% sure what causes it. However at times the CCL Vanilla hoppers get replaced by the vanilla ones.

It seems like it might be any time you load a game with different mods than you have previously. As in if you start a game with CCL Vanilla and then later add a mod that doesn't do anything to hoppers. I'm not 100% that this is the cause but it certainly seems like it.

I should clarify. It seems like all the CCL vanilla features vanish. Since the power draw part vanishes as well.

@Slowtapus

Would need to see your modsConfig.xml and output_log.txt before any determination could be made as to the problem.

Replacing CCLs hoppers with vanilla would be a good magic trick as they are completely different objects with completely different properties.  The only similarity is the human readable strings (ie, "hopper") and that they are storage buildings.

@pestilenz

First part of my response is the same as above regarding modsConfig.xml and output_log.txt.

Second part is dependant on what I find in said files.

@everyone

Please do due diligence when reporting potential issues as to not clutter up the forum.  Due diligence involves:

a) Confirm there actually is a bug which includes:
  • Making sure mods are installed correctly as per the mods instructions
  • Make a new world and new colony and test the mod combination you are using (don't just load up your existing game an expect everything to work)
  • Adjust your mod load order to resolve "simple" conflicts, repeating the above step as necessary
b) After you have confirmed that there is a bug and not just a mod conflict, attach your modsConfig.xml and output_log.txt to the report you file in our issues tracker, NOT HERE, as we have repeatedly asked.

Sorry if a sound like a jerk, but we want to separate real bugs from junk bugs and keep the forum some what clear of bug reports anyway.  We have an issue tracker for bugs and feature requests, it is important to use it so they can be easily tracked without getting lost.  Further, they can be directly linked to the commit which fixes/implements them and will show up on our commit log when we do releases.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

READ THIS BEFORE REPORTING ERRORS

CCL has been updated for Alpha 13, but any mod which has an assembly (DLL) needs to be recompiled against the new alpha version and CCL version.

There are many issues with DLLs and alpha updates including but not limited to:
  • Changes in the API the assembly uses
  • Assembly version signing

Do not use any mod with an assembly (DLL) from previous alpha versions until the mod has been updated for the new alpha.  It will not work and will only lead to bogus reports.  I've already had to deal with this, I don't wish to deal with more.

If you see an error like this in your output_log.txt (Player.log on MacOS), then it because you are trying to use a mod from an earlier alpha which is not compatible.
=> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CommunityCoreLibrary.SpecialInjector' from assembly 'Community Core Library, Version=0.12.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Although the above error is specific to CCL, if you see a simalarily formatted message, that's the issue - It's not compatible with the current alpha.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

hwfanatic

What exactly is the purpose of hydroponics basin power cycling?

jacob814

I am failing to see the error in my mod using the advance research from this mod. In the past I haven't had an issue but alpha 13 update CCL won't work correctly, or it isn't showing an error when it should?

My colored ceiling lights should only be unlocked after the vanilla colored research and my mod's research. I haven't changed any of my code, does advance research for CCL work differently? I wouldn't have come here without spending a few hours trying to figure it out myself.

If this is the DDL error you have 2 posts above then I am blind. With my mod loaded with CCL, I get no error you're describing. There should be an error...
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Simulacrum0

Can you make it so smelted products is usable by Automated Factory, a automated smelter and recycler would so helpful.

@jacob814

There shouldn't be an issue, based on what I see in your mod.  I'll give it a try though.  That being said, as of A13 ThingDefs can have multiple researchPrerequisites which makes CCL redundant for your usage.

@Simulacrum0

All you need to do is create a recipe which mimics the smelting process.  That is basically what the automated stonecutter example does - instead of a single recipe which has a variable output, there are recipes for each stone type.  While this isn't the best solution for weapons, for slag chunks it will work fine.  Adding variable output recipes is on the to do list but isn't at the top of.  ;)