[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paragonid

1.12 added NoCleaningPlease: Home zone doesn't create cleaning zone by default anymore. There's separated zone for it now.

Sephyr

Quote from: simon-82 on November 08, 2015, 04:21:59 AM
Quote from: Sephyr on November 07, 2015, 07:43:28 PM
I'm experiencing similar issues in a temperate forest biome with a new map (v 1.11).
After about 1 month there is almost no grass to be seen.

Nice pack, keep it up :)

Edit: it also seems to have possibly halted treegrowth, but not sure on that.
Tried to spawn grass seeds with debug, in case its helpfull here is the output from the debug log:

Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named PlantPovertyGrass. There are 1745 defs loaded.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TryFindSeedTargFor (Verse.ThingDef plantDef, IntVec3 root, SeedTargFindMode mode, Verse.IntVec3& foundCell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TrySpawnSeed (IntVec3 cell, Verse.ThingDef plantDef, SeedTargFindMode mode, Verse.Thing plant) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.<DoListingItems_GameModeMap>m__499 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTool.DebugToolOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTools.DebugToolsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.Interface.UserInterface.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

First off thanks, glad you enjoy it :)
Now I have tweaked the numbers in 1.12 and hopefully that was enough to keep the grass from dying. As for the trees and bushes, they grow at around 90% by default on soil now. If you plant them on cultivated soil or better they grow much faster.

As for the error you have found:
You probably tried "Tool: Spawn grass seed" right? If you do that in vanilla RimWorld it throws the same error. The ThingDef it is looking for "PlantPovertyGrass" does not exist in vanilla. My guess is, that's from a previous alpha and has been changed since then. The only grass plants are "grass" and "tallgrass".
The only way to spawn grass I found is by spawning a Thing directly. And that works just fine.

And no, I did not remove any natural spawning seeds XD

i indeed used the specified debug tool, figured it mightve been a false in some way as i didnt have time to test it to a fresh install.

I'll give the latest version a go on a fresh gen to see how it behaves now.
Its possible i might add AutoEquip and AutoEquipInfusion back in personally, if so i'll report any grass growth issues here. Otherwise i'll create an issue on git with a clean version if thats ok.

Thanks for the reply :)

Dopper

Quote from: paragonid on November 08, 2015, 12:17:02 PM
1.12 added NoCleaningPlease: Home zone doesn't create cleaning zone by default anymore. There's separated zone for it now.

Thanks both of you, i feel so stupid now... xD

lughtaj

I desperately want this to work with animal surgery and a dog said, but I can't get it to work. I've tried fiddling with the mod order, but no matter what I do, the surgery tab still isn't there for animals. Anyone have any insight?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: lughtaj on November 08, 2015, 06:20:59 PM
I desperately want this to work with animal surgery and a dog said, but I can't get it to work. I've tried fiddling with the mod order, but no matter what I do, the surgery tab still isn't there for animals. Anyone have any insight?
Try removing edb interface and all other ui mods.

simon-82

Released 1.13 now.
Special thanks to TLHeat for his contributions to the modpack!
Most importantly for you all, the grass bug seems to be fixed. At least in my testing.
Secondly, cats! are running wild now in this modpack. So beware of any tigers or lions!
Huge thanks go to Fluffy for this great mod!

Changelog and download here :)

Rorgan

Its save compatible with 1.12?

How its works?

iguanaman

This pack looks really great, tightly balanced and updated frequently.  Only thing is I like to customize things by removing/adding mods I like too, would anyone be able to briefly explain which type of mods could be added and not cause issues (graphics I assume are ok, which gameplay ones though?).  Also which can be removed (if any?).

Thanks and great work @simon-82.

MrWashingToad

Here's YouTuber and Twitch caster Peter_Taylor's Twitch Video On Demand - approximately 4.5 hours of livestream RimWorld w/ the 1.13version of the ModVarietyPack installed - first look/first play.. http://www.twitch.tv/peter_taylor/v/23372558 . I'll try and get the YouTube link posted for when he gets it posted over on YouTube - normally the Twitch VODs last only about 2 weeks or so.
He's playing on Phoebe at Rough.

Edit: Peter_Taylor's playlist for the Birthday Livestream: RimWorld A12d w/ v1.13 ModVarietyPack https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLekoqmtp9eDWGShnUfW4lB0RBaRQRX2K-
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

simon-82

Quote from: Andouce on November 07, 2015, 01:15:37 PM
Keep it up, I like where it is going. The one thing I would like to see in future is possibly the addition of more of the faction mods which are out there which would fit into the pack. I am sure you have this in the works as with many other stuff. It is just a matter of time. Look forward to it and enjoying playing atm.

In regards to above with the grow. I think that it technically would be better under growing job but don't know if it can be assigned to that ? Either way it is not bad. :)
Which factions were you thinking about? Each of the factions I add come with their own weapons most of the time so they need to be balanced accordingly.
Also I don't want to add too much too fast. I rather fix bugs and balance first :)

As for the soil being a construction job, I think it would be neat if it was growing work actually. But I couldn't get that to work. The soil is technically a terrain type (like floors) and this type needs to be contruction work.
If anybody has an idea how to switch it to be growing work, let me know!

Quote from: iguanaman on November 11, 2015, 07:01:03 AM
This pack looks really great, tightly balanced and updated frequently.  Only thing is I like to customize things by removing/adding mods I like too, would anyone be able to briefly explain which type of mods could be added and not cause issues (graphics I assume are ok, which gameplay ones though?).  Also which can be removed (if any?).

Thanks and great work @simon-82.
Glad you are enjoying it :)
As for adding/removing mods, that's a bit tricky. I can't really recommend it as long as you know what you are doing. Graphical mods should be fine, all gameplay is balanced areound combat realism, so if you add a mod, that one should also work with CR. Crafting is based around superior crafting, so added mods have to work with that one, too. Hope that helps.   

onearchitype

Really love your Mod...I like the slow build of tech the research tree decisions. Suggestion: would you consider adding Powerless to the pack? I really like being able to take my time when it comes to power and the torch items in Powerless are fantastic. I also like the tables and stumps which can be used in bedrooms without having to remember to turn off gathering.

losinator501

Gonna give this a try on YouTube once my current playthrough dies out... looks good but obviously haven't played it yet :P

TLHeart

Quote from: losinator501 on November 14, 2015, 09:56:01 PM
Gonna give this a try on YouTube once my current playthrough dies out... looks good but obviously haven't played it yet :P

I will be watching.... :)

SirLeonardo

I install the mod following all the instructions, in the first time i open the game it runs with no problens, but in the second time the game don't open, what can i do?

Zepher79

Just for fun, I decided to break down what it would cost to make a colonist fully bionic, with all the most advanced limbs and implants, using two medical ribs and the rest adrenaline. The complete bill of supplies needed, when broken down to their most basic components, is:

465 Biomatter (Or 31 corpses, ew)
349.5 Platsteel Ore
3515 Sand
1360 Silver
1276.6 Bauxite
1250 Raw Xerigium
250 Raw Cotton
4 Glitterworld Medicine

Assuming I got all the numbers right, this puts the market value for everything at 31,626.83! Neat, huh?