[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

For those that would like a visual reference for the tech tree, Using this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12064.0  we all now have a visual reference.

Can download the .png file from the attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

rimmyjim

I'm having a reproducable problem with non-stop raids.

I've chosen Sereniz Sadistic on Base-builder difficulty, especially because I like all the little nuisances but I dislike raids. For the first ingame week everything went smoothly, then the first raid came (1 person). The next day, another raid (1 person). The next day... yet another raid (2 persons); this last one was actually thwarted by NPCs on the scene but as soon as the raiders were retreating (as in: the exact same second) another raid by 5 natives started! I narrowly defeated them... and maybe 30 seconds later a pirate raid launched.

This keeps happening to all my colonies, at least when choosing Sadistic as my story teller. I used her before in the discontinues conversion mod pack and never had this problem.

Is this a known bug?

Tapkovich

Hi again, dunno if you got my pm but i caltulate some food stuff you have and well.... i can say its almost pointless for survival to upgrade soil.  U need to waste too much food for that.  I'll try to send you spreedsheet again so you can see it by yourself.

TLHeart

Would really like to see wood and bamboo used at the mulch machine.

Zepher79

I had a thought about the ongoing debate about using fertilized soil and the growth bonus it gives. Shouldn't it be possible to adjust a few values to have a significant benefit to lower tier crops while still maintaining higher tier crops as a more viable solution? I'll use nonsense values for the sake of discussion as I don't know the proper values off the top of my head.

Assuming that the current implementation is something along the lines of:
Potatoes yield 5 crops over a growing period of 5 days, or a food value of 1 per day. The highest tier of soil gives a bonus of 5%, increasing the yield to 1.05 food per day. (I think? Correct my thought process if this is incorrect.)
Carrots yield 10 crops over a growing period of 7 days, or a food value of 1.43 per day. With the soil bonus of 5% this increases to 1.5 per day.

If we increase the soil benefit to 30% instead of 5%, potatoes increase their yields to 1.3 food per day, while carrots increase to 1.86. Now perhaps that makes carrots TOO good and we'd like them to be capped at the same 1.5 food value per day. That would still be an increase over potatoes, but you wouldn't HAVE to switch over to see the benefit.

Because we know carrots will NEVER be planted in anything but the highest tier soil, all that needs to be done is to decrease their base yield or growth rate. For this example we'll use yield. Decreasing the base yield to 8.05 ensures that even with the bonus 30% from the soil they will still only ever yield the original food per day of around 1.5.

All of this to say, while it might be tedious to mess with, I THINK it should be possible to maintain higher tier crops as being better while making the soil upgrades worthwhile even if you decide to continue using lower tier crops. (For... some reason!)

Grogfeld

Hi, did you downgrade immunity gain speed on basic beds? Its strange that my pawn can survive plague on foot and working but not resting in bed ;)   

Liono

Hello
can someone help me with the installation of this mod
not quite understand with the all the step in read me
i'm playing with mac though
thank you very much if anyone can help me
really interested with this mudpack

Tapkovich

Quote from: Grogfeld on November 20, 2015, 11:46:16 PM
Hi, did you downgrade immunity gain speed on basic beds? Its strange that my pawn can survive plague on foot and working but not resting in bed ;)
Yep it depends on quality of the bed but for normal quality its scale this way:
85% - Hide bed
110% - Cloth bed
114% - Pod and medical bed
125% - Royal and Comfy bed

Grogfeld

Quote from: Tapkovich on November 22, 2015, 05:31:44 AM
85% - Hide bed
110% - Cloth bed

But when you're in sleeping spot you have 100%. So in the early game best "medical beds" are the worst to sleep on. Idea is good but it need some balance like adjusting sleeping spot stat to.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Grogfeld on November 20, 2015, 11:46:16 PM
85% - Hide bed
110% - Cloth bed
That's not right, medical should always be highest, comfy beds are better for rest but shouldn't be for immunity.

Grogfeld

Well I could argue with that Fluffy. Medical beds aren't special even in real life ;), except when you install monitoring station (i don't remember the name of that thing) next to them, so it just need adjustment. If medical beds with equipment installed are significant better then Royal/Comfty ones than it's ok like it is now. but I don't know if that's now  overpriced when compared with thous two.

Tapkovich

Quote from: Grogfeld on November 22, 2015, 08:18:19 AM
85% - Hide bed
110% - Cloth bed

But when you're in sleeping spot you have 100%. So in the early game best "medical beds" are the worst to sleep on. Idea is good but it need some balance like adjusting sleeping spot stat to.
I think it was that small thing that you always forgot about during testing. Will be fixed soon.

Pjstaab

I apologize if this has been mentioned but Norbals can't get advanced bionics, is this intended?

Liono

Hello
can someone help me with the installation of this mod
not quite understand with the all the step in read me
i'm playing with mac though
thank you very much if anyone can help me
really interested with this modpack

Liono

How to install this mod on mac?
help me plzzzzzz
Thank you :'(