[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cst89

No problem, thanks for solving that. The new script works great :) However I got a security warning by Win that stopped the application from running, had to force it.

http://i67.tinypic.com/zwzvqg.jpg

simon-82

Quote from: cst89 on December 14, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
No problem, thanks for solving that. The new script works great :) However I got a security warning by Win that stopped the application from running, had to force it.
http://i67.tinypic.com/zwzvqg.jpg
That is actually what I expected. Was a security issue. Some features the script uses seem to be blocked by some windows versions / configurations it seems.
I added a line that gives the script more control so it can do what it wants to do.
Which is actually not that fancy lol: "Write a file in a folder where you are".
But windows says: "No! You are not allowed to write anything here!"
Sigh...

Glad it works for you now. I will include the updated script in the next release.
Hopefully that fixes the issues other are having, too :)

Oh btw, don't forget to exit, restart the game after you launched it the first time with the new shortcut. The modconfig has changed, so needs a restart to make all mods work.
It's the last step (also written in the wiki to do that).
Again, thanks for helping :)

And to make it more clear to you why I have this script:
It makes this shortcut to change the save location of the game.
All your worlds/savegames/mod data (for autosell / PrepareCarefully)
for ModVarietyPack get saved to the new location inside SaveData (NOT .../LocalLow) now.
A huge benefit in that is that if you would start the game with the usual .exe file (not the shortcut) you get loaded in a vanilla version of the game without mods.
This vanilla version saves its' savegames/worlds... to .../LocalLow.
So you can choose to play the modpack OR vanilla. And both work and have their own savegames/worlds :)

Devilsgamer666

I do apologize if this has been asked before.
where can I find the research, the sleep/work/joy assignment tab, and the gear assignment tab be found?

NemesisN

Quote from: Devilsgamer666 on December 14, 2015, 11:33:24 PM
where can I find the research, the sleep/work/joy assignment tab, and the gear assignment tab be found?

look at the bottom of the screen when you play

all tabs are at bottom
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

DracoDS

For whatever reason I am having to add the mods manually to the load section. Anytime I try to load Combat Realism it causes it to corrupt and unload all the mods. Any ideas?

Nevermind, I'm just dumb. Forgot I didn't exit before loading the other mods... Durrr...

Devilsgamer666

Quote from: NemesisN on December 15, 2015, 01:00:17 AM

all tabs are at bottom

as you can see in the attached screenshot there is no option for said tabs

[attachment deleted due to age]

Fluffy (l2032)

interesting, can you post an output_log? It's in <RW dir>/RimWorld914_WinData/output_log.txt

Martiniator

Quote from: simon-82 on December 14, 2015, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: cst89 on December 14, 2015, 04:03:04 PM
No, I'm not a programmer at all. There was no problem with the extraction, if you mean the length of the folder name. I thought the exe actually alters the LocalLow folder and replaces the old modconfig with the MVP one (from the SaveData folder). That's how the other mods I used before worked, I thought yours does the same.

So I repeated the test:
Deleted the LocalLow folder to make sure it has no previous data. Made Vanilla installation of the Rimworld to the drive (actually copied a prepared vanilla installation on my drive), launched vanilla game once, just changed the Language in the menu to English and closed the game. Default Rimworld config folder in LocalLow was generated. Then I downloaded a new MVP 1.21.zip from github. Extracted the file with 7zip to my desktop. Content of the folder was copied directly to the gamefolder. Launched the exe and got this error:
Thanks for doing this. It helps me finding the error.
I have a first idea. No way to test it for me, as the script runs fine on my pc.
You are doing everything right.
Can you try and run the script I attached here for me? Just put it in the folder you have now and run it. I just added one line for now. Not sure if it changes anything. If it still is doing the same as before, I need to change more
I have done exactly the same thing as cst89, and ran the script you provided. It didn't work for me, I still got the same error. My computer runs on Windows 10 x64.

I have very, very basic knowledge of programming. As far as I can tell from the script, it should continue after it found modsconfig.xml. Instead it continues on to the else part and says it hasn't found a proper modsconfig. That is the part I don't understand. Why say it found the file and after that say it hasn't found it?

Devilsgamer666

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 15, 2015, 04:18:00 AM
interesting, can you post an output_log? It's in <RW dir>/RimWorld914_WinData/output_log.txt

I assume you where talking to me
sorry if your not

simon-82

Quote from: Martiniator on December 15, 2015, 10:33:09 AM
I have done exactly the same thing as cst89, and ran the script you provided. It didn't work for me, I still got the same error. My computer runs on Windows 10 x64.
Can you try running this script I attached?
I removed the else statements and replaced them with a "goto line" approach.
I seriously don't know why it can't parse a simple if-else statement for some of you guys...

TLHeart

Quote from: Devilsgamer666 on December 15, 2015, 03:42:08 AM
Quote from: NemesisN on December 15, 2015, 01:00:17 AM

all tabs are at bottom

as you can see in the attached screenshot there is no option for said tabs

I suspect that the options in EdB interface were changed, that allow the removal of tabs from the interface. Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about.

NemesisN

simon-82 you have a bug with MD2Storage

it should not be set up as default to check mark (allowed) storing all once its build it should be "X" as default
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Martiniator

Quote from: simon-82 on December 15, 2015, 11:58:50 AM
Quote from: Martiniator on December 15, 2015, 10:33:09 AM
Can you try running this script I attached?
I removed the else statements and replaced them with a "goto line" approach.
I seriously don't know why it can't parse a simple if-else statement for some of you guys...
Thank you! It works now. I have no idea what caused the earlier errors, but now it works fine!

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on December 15, 2015, 01:53:40 PM
simon-82 you have a bug with MD2Storage
it should not be set up as default to check mark (allowed) storing all once its build it should be "X" as default
I read all your comments, even though I haven't answered you on this one. I found the issue and fixed it already. You can also look forward to a new texture I made for this thing. The old one I didn't like so much. Update soon. Be patient :)

Quote from: Martiniator on December 15, 2015, 02:27:55 PM
Thank you! It works now. I have no idea what caused the earlier errors, but now it works fine!
Really? Oh great! Now if @cst89 could also try this one? That would be great.
I will use this version then in the next release :)

NemesisN

great to hear that

loving this mod pack so far