[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reviire

Quote from: SURU on January 12, 2016, 03:49:40 AM
Quote from: Reviire on January 11, 2016, 10:58:16 PM
The modpack is great, but isn't the difficulty scaling a bit high? Progression is a bit slower than the base game, and I've been getting huge raids with advanced tech before I can really get started, even while having one person dedicated to research.
Yeah, it's hard. I'm actually playing on the first new one from the top, and it's hard to get started as you've said. I've barely alived 2-3 times or raid's and now when I've got sniper rifles + optics it's better, but still hard. Research is taking too long time, don't really know what do research first, and what after. I know there is research tree on wiki, but it makes my game little bit unpredictable.
From what I've seen, pistols are godlike at close range, especially if you make sure the raiders have to go around a corner to get to you, and have the pistols within range of said corner. The fast firerate mows down raiders, even if their shooting skill is low.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Listen1

Hey, great modpack, I just got a labrador retriver pen, they were starting to give birth to puppies, all so cute and dandy, then sappers tunneled their way in, killed all my doggies and half my colonists.

This game is sad. Would play again.

Also, the event where someone from other colony appears and says "Hey, I heard there are some cool stuff there" and you can send some colonists in there is great. One of the best features i've ever seen.

Keep up the good work.

hoochy

Great modpack!! There are no upgrade instructions on the github. Is it only possible to use this mod by deleting everything and restarting?

I saw there were some fixes to hats in the latest release which I thought wouldn't break much if anything but can't find the way to just upgrade my existing version.

SURU

Quote from: hoochy on January 13, 2016, 03:08:33 AM
Great modpack!! There are no upgrade instructions on the github. Is it only possible to use this mod by deleting everything and restarting?

I saw there were some fixes to hats in the latest release which I thought wouldn't break much if anything but can't find the way to just upgrade my existing version.
Do you mean fixes to hats, it is in one mod in this modpack? If yes just replace files in this mod to upgrade. If names are different change it in ModConfig.xml. It should work i think.
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

Reviire

Yea I was just bad lol. I'm loving this modpack more, now that I've figured out how to deal with raids. Corners are op, man.

http://puu.sh/muglY.jpg , so far.

I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Listen1

For my colony i've been trying to remove some clutter, like the norbal clothes, hats and other apparel itens, but haven't succeded in this...

Does anyone know how to deactivate every other type of clothes that aren't in the vanilla game?

Reviire

Quote from: Listen1 on January 13, 2016, 11:08:35 AM
For my colony i've been trying to remove some clutter, like the norbal clothes, hats and other apparel itens, but haven't succeded in this...

Does anyone know how to deactivate every other type of clothes that aren't in the vanilla game?
Pretty sure the tailoring bench lets you turn them into cloth.

TLHeart

Quote from: Listen1 on January 13, 2016, 11:08:35 AM

Can not be done easily. ie remove a mod, as all of the mods are intertwined with each other to make the research tree, and recipes work within the mod pack.  You would have to edit the individual xml files to remove the items you do not want.

Why remove the extra clothing, just break it down into usable textiles and tailor your own. Check the bills at the tailor's loom, for recycle apparel. That is possible in this modpack.

Listen1

Yes, that is the second option, I'll get on it.

Thanks for the quick response.

Zederikus

Hello guys!
I need some help, because when I activate the mods it pauses for a couple seconds and tells me that the mods are not compatible, and that the game reset all of them. I don't know why... I restarted the game a couple times too, but still the same stuff. Do I have to restart the PC? (Sorry if I sound dumb.)

Thanks guys

Reviire

Quote from: Zederikus on January 13, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Hello guys!
I need some help, because when I activate the mods it pauses for a couple seconds and tells me that the mods are not compatible, and that the game reset all of them. I don't know why... I restarted the game a couple times too, but still the same stuff. Do I have to restart the PC? (Sorry if I sound dumb.)

Thanks guys

Are you using any other mods aside from the ones in this modpack, and if not, did you install the modpack correctly? (To be honest, a .bat was weird.)

That's really all I can help you with.

TLHeart

Quote from: Zederikus on January 13, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Hello guys!

Thanks guys

If you install the mod pack correctly, no need to activate any mods...

Start with a clean install of rimworld.
Run rimworld once. do not create any worlds or colonies. Quit rimworld.
Extract the mods to the mod folder of rimworld.
Copy the modsconfig file to the folder in the rimworld config folder.
Now that folder will be either in the appdata/localow/Ludeon Studios/rimworld/config

or local to the installation of rimworld if you used the batch file, with the -savedata switch.

After this all mods are active... if you start rimworld, click on mods, and get a list on the left side with names and "x" then the modconfig file was not copied to the correct location.

cst89

Greetings again! After following the clean installation according to the instructions, successfully executing the setup and starting a new game with the shortcut, the game created a new SaveData folder in the game folder after exiting. Then I moved the script-created shortcut "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" to the desktop and started the game again as usual. The settings were reverted to default, even the mods were inactive (listed in the mods though). The game also created a new SaveData folder on my desktop, which I kinda dislike :( Is there any way to prevent the shortcut "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" from creating a new SaveData folder in the folder, where the shortcut is placed and use the original game folder instead? Thanks for any help and your effort on this great mod! :)

Zederikus

Still not working :( I'm getting depressed.
Is there a video for dummies like me?

SURU

Quote from: cst89 on January 13, 2016, 04:52:37 PM
Greetings again! After following the clean installation according to the instructions, successfully executing the setup and starting a new game with the shortcut, the game created a new SaveData folder in the game folder after exiting. Then I moved the script-created shortcut "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" to the desktop and started the game again as usual. The settings were reverted to default, even the mods were inactive (listed in the mods though). The game also created a new SaveData folder on my desktop, which I kinda dislike :( Is there any way to prevent the shortcut "RimWorld ModVarietyPack" from creating a new SaveData folder in the folder, where the shortcut is placed and use the original game folder instead? Thanks for any help and your effort on this great mod! :)
First of all you did it wrong and not according to the instructions. Do that: go to the game folder, delete all items in Mods folder EXCEPT Core, run game from the old shortcut, then exit. Now copy new Mods folder and SaveData(Yes to all) folder and SETUP file to the game folder(NO on desktop!), Run setup -> It will create shortcut with properties like -savedatafolder SaveData(you can check it with rmb), then start game using NEW shortcut, exit, run again and check. Mods should be activated at last after last run.
Don't expect miracles from this SETUP, it's just simple Windows commands, which don't distinguish if you copy it on desktop or to the game folder.
If it won't help make screenshots what you doing step by step and next i will give you mine.
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!