[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Quote from: killermen962 on January 17, 2016, 03:37:15 PM
I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cannot have anyone clean up messes, do I need to unlock it the research tree or is there some kind of broom I need that I'm overlooking?

Exactly an broom. :D There should be an new broom/button in the menu with the area's, that is the "new" cleaning-zone. ^~^

dershamc903

I did discover that I required certain Medical technology to install an organ, which I could harvest from a prisoner, but I couldn't install into a colonist until after I had the necessary tech. Strangely one fellow doesn't like bionics so I harvested a prisoner's arm but I can't install on that specific colonist, other colonists can take the arm, but not the one who doesn't like bionics. I can install other bionics on him, but of course that'll just lead to him being upset.

ImAnoob

Aparrently, i don't know how to restart rimworld please answer my question :)

Came across few things that i don't know someone mentioned before, but here goes anyway.
Sometimes, colonists/bots are unable to haul weapon/clothing things. They just sit there, i can see the path to the item they're trying to haul flash for a split second. It seems to be only for some random items. If i force haul the item, same thing happens. This resets when they get tired or hungry.
Colonists seem to be chopping planted trees without a job and before they are fully grown, yelding no wood. I'm quite sure there is no manager job for forestry, even if there was, they shouldn't be chopping growing trees?

More advanced soils are a trap. They are incredibly efficient, yes, but the cost of wood for mulch and water is overkill (after 40+ hours playing, i still have soil tiles that have not been upgraded in my meager 5 growing zones). This last doesn't make much sense actually; it's like they use wood for a bucket then throw it away, woundn't it make much more sense if there was a wood cost for building the well, and no wood cost for fetching water? Wood costs for some things could be toned down a bit. Chopping down a whole forest to build a table and some chairs doesn't make much sense.

Sand is also a death trap, so many things require sand that i end up mining the whole mountain just to be able to make sand. Sand costs for items could be toned down a bit, imho. Alternatively, instead of making sand from rocks, there could be a sand pit or something? I'm playing on mountain map with lots to dig in, but i can imagine how insanely masochist it must be to manufacture things that require sand in non moutain maps. Things like chips and circuit boards, i find these rare in traders. If they were more common (not in higher numbers) in traders, maybe it would balance out.

Question: are cows supposed to breed? Had 3 bulls and 5 cows, they all seem to have died from old age, and no little cows.
Issue: had some chickens that got messed up because of cold, lost legs and beaks. I cought a colonist feeding them lavish meals... lol, golden egg chickens. Looks like sick chickens are being treated like sick colonists?

I've had some issues with lags caused by chickens and raiders. Chicken issues could be cause by pathfinding overkill? Lately, raider spawns freeze the game for 5-10 seconds; this is late game with big base and raiders partys are big, like dunno, 20-30+? Body count too high.

Suggestion: change the crematorium to (or create a new one that) use kindlings instead of electricity. Never made much sense that it's electrical powered... maybe it's just me. 

Overall this is a great modpack. Having lots of fun with it :D gonna get murdered in a tundra after finishing this mountain, then i'll come back and complain how hard this all is \o/

Edit:
Forgot to mention that paintings seem to be horribly underpriced when selling to merchants. A masterwork sells for 50ish(?), while a parka, for example, can go from 400-500. Ugh.

lolosh

Is Mending mod from this thread https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.0 compatible with MVP? Should i change the mod order or just load it last? Cant live without repair benches :'(

Mechanoid Hivemind

how do i disable the cloths? i dont like them, i cant find the mod that adds them
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Quote from: lolosh on January 19, 2016, 11:52:04 AM
Is Mending mod from this thread https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.0 compatible with MVP? Should i change the mod order or just load it last? Cant live without repair benches :'(

Apparently not, i've fiddled with it (and also with Skill Lock, which becomes VERY useful later on) and couldn't get any to work. Only played with mod orders. But im a noob with this stuff, might have missed a switch somewhere :P

Cmoa666

I have a modified version of it. It should normally be unlocked with crafting III, enjoy !!! (and many thanks to skyarkhangel and simon-82)
Sorry but it is only mending, not skill lock.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pjstaab

What's the secret to fighting norbals? After awhile it's fine but starting off it's almost fun getting zerged by 3 times as many norbals as colonist with explosive throwing axes. They don't seem to retreat ever either. I'd honestly rather take any other faction attacking than norbals.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Cmoa666 on January 19, 2016, 06:21:11 PM
I have a modified version of it. It should normally be unlocked with crafting III, enjoy !!! (and many thanks to skyarkhangel and simon-82)

Old dll  :(, soon i update Mending with some bugfixes. Colonist wont work until loss of consciousness. But it already works it latest test hardcore sk  ;)

Quote from: Cmoa666 on January 19, 2016, 06:21:11 PM

Very nice thanks :) I'm going to assume this will only work with a new game, it loaded on mine but results are lolz.
I'd hope this and skill lock would be included in a next MVP, both are so nice to have, why they're not in vanilla already is beyond me.

Quote from: Pjstaab on January 19, 2016, 09:11:44 PM
What's the secret to fighting norbals? After awhile it's fine but starting off it's almost fun getting zerged by 3 times as many norbals as colonist with explosive throwing axes. They don't seem to retreat ever either. I'd honestly rather take any other faction attacking than norbals.

Embrasures and lots and lots of turrets? My best guess :D

Treason5240

Quote from: 10001110 on January 19, 2016, 11:47:13 PM

Embrasures and lots and lots of turrets? My best guess :D

Prepare carefully.  Bring along 3 Machine Guns.  Eats through suicidal mobs, even the Zerg rushing shield-equipped Pirates and Norbals.

WinterFlare

Quote from: dershamc903 on January 19, 2016, 02:59:36 AM
Strangely one fellow doesn't like bionics so I harvested a prisoner's arm but I can't install on that specific colonist, other colonists can take the arm, but not the one who doesn't like bionics. I can install other bionics on him, but of course that'll just lead to him being upset.

Currently Arm's don't install from the Shoulder Down, but Bionic / Prosthetics do, I'll toss a report of this on the github when i wake up.

To start out before turrets, the only thing I can think of is to hope to god you get someone to drop a PDW, or make an outer wall for your base and set up several spots for your colonists to take potshots with pistols at (inside preferably, so if they break a wall you have several locations to shoot from) Also, anything that has a high rate of fire will make mincemeat out of Norbals, so you might want to get gun/weapon crafting as soon as you can make stone walls / craft things.

Basically, make sure the inside of your base has several spots to shoot from so you can take pot-shots, try not to make it too close-quartered. You might have a pretty banged up base by the end, but that's better than everyone being dead.

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on January 19, 2016, 04:58:27 PM
how do i disable the cloths? i dont like them, i cant find the mod that adds them

There isn't any support outside legitimate bugs for most, if not all modpacks. Someone might know how, but you're most likely SOL on the matter.

Quote from: 10001110 on January 19, 2016, 10:54:38 AM
Came across few things that i don't know someone mentioned before, but here goes anyway.
Sometimes, colonists/bots are unable to haul weapon/clothing things. They just sit there, i can see the path to the item they're trying to haul flash for a split second.

I can't for the life of me remember what mod actually did this, but the Ultimate Overhaul pack had this same exact problem. Most of the time I'd be able to temporarily fix it by restarting my game. From what I remember Pawns would try to pick up already-destroyed items and while it normally happened after playing for a long time, it could also occur from a lot of alt-tabbing. If a restart isn't working then i don't know what to tell you other than possibly restricting whatever square they're trying to haul from.

From the looks of the old google doc, it could have possibly been several things: Containers for Stuff, Auto Equip, Auto Equip Infusion. I'm not certain of any of these though, because the actual thread where the fix was discussed was deleted, and the changelog doesn't really have anything addressing the hauling bug outright.

Listen1

Quote from: WinterFlare on January 20, 2016, 04:22:58 AM

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on January 19, 2016, 04:58:27 PM

There isn't any support outside legitimate bugs for most, if not all modpacks. Someone might know how, but you're most likely SOL on the matter.

I've made the textile stuff to disassemble clothes, and allowed my colonist for the use of basic pants, button down shirts, t-shirts, duster and cowboy hats. And dissabled all the others. Don't like the clutter of clothes either, and that was the solution I was given