[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roy2x

Will the next update add more craftable apparel/armor? The only thing missing for me in this modpack is not being able to make shoes. My god even the tribals have them :D.

Nebbeh

Any chance on making an option to disable norbals? In most cases my game stops for up to 5 minutes every time they spawn (visitors and raids) and the lag for me is unreal when they attack... :(

Other then that I really really love this modpack!

Thorbane

I found a minor bug, the standard cryptosleep caskets (not the ship ones) are unlocked by researching Fruit Trees.

Shad

Quote from: roy2x on April 03, 2016, 07:42:45 AM
Will the next update add more craftable apparel/armor?
I assume the next update will be a compatibility for A13 when it's out.

Kitsune

Oh no... its happening... alpha 13 is here. :O Now the waiting beginns. Hm maybe i look into the new alpha maybe the "depper" research tree will be good enough to sink some time in the vanilla game till the mods get updatet. :3

Tyriss

Update looks great. Can't wait for this modpack to catch up to it.

simon-82

Hi guys :)

Didn't have much time to work on the pack. That's why there was a lack of updates.
I just watched the A13 release video and the changes look awesome :)

Unfortunately that means most of the mods in the pack will either need updating or have to be changed or rebalanced. Some mods can also be removed because they are in the core game now. Like the trader caravans.

So here is how it goes. To update the pack I need to firstly have a chance to play the vanilla game and look at the modlist to see what I want to keep. Then I will look at the parts I did for the modpack and see what I can update / change myself. The research tree obviously needs to be redone and the ressource system needs to be adjusted for the new vanilla "component" ressource. This means tons of recipes need rebalancing for example. Next, I need to update the core mods I want to have. The pack was always built around CombatRealism, which received a major update recently (with another on the way).

At a first glance, this is what I want to do. Much more will surely pop up while do this. But the biggest problem right now is that I don't have the time to do all this because RL is pretty busy.
I just wanted to post this and inform you all what's going to happen and that I really really want to update as soon as possible.
But again, I just don't have the time right now to do it :(
I'll keep you updated how the progress goes though.

Kitsune

Hey good to see you simon. :D

For me take the time you need, i will patiently wait for your return of the mighty modpack duckling. xD
And for sure real life is more important than this mod pack. ;)

Beside that naturaly i will miss the mod pack and looking forward to an update but i expect it also not fast because of the mod updates of course.

Take your time and make it shiny. ^~^

Wild Card

Yup i second Kitsune. Take your time, to me this is the best modpack out there. GL

cst89

That's great news, thanks Simon! I am really looking forward to your A13 update!

niteruner

Any updates on the v13 version? I don't want to hurry or rush you, I just want to know what's the status.

MrWashingToad

To niterunner
Quote from: simon-82 on April 06, 2016, 05:45:25 PM
Hi guys :)

Didn't have much time to work on the pack. That's why there was a lack of updates.
I just watched the A13 release video and the changes look awesome :)

Unfortunately that means most of the mods in the pack will either need updating or have to be changed or rebalanced. Some mods can also be removed because they are in the core game now. Like the trader caravans.

So here is how it goes. To update the pack I need to firstly have a chance to play the vanilla game and look at the modlist to see what I want to keep. Then I will look at the parts I did for the modpack and see what I can update / change myself. The research tree obviously needs to be redone and the ressource system needs to be adjusted for the new vanilla "component" ressource. This means tons of recipes need rebalancing for example. Next, I need to update the core mods I want to have. The pack was always built around CombatRealism, which received a major update recently (with another on the way).

At a first glance, this is what I want to do. Much more will surely pop up while do this. But the biggest problem right now is that I don't have the time to do all this because RL is pretty busy.
I just wanted to post this and inform you all what's going to happen and that I really really want to update as soon as possible.
But again, I just don't have the time right now to do it :(
I'll keep you updated how the progress goes though.

Been no updates on the Github that I've seen so at this point, no progress that has been discernible. <I am also wanting this>
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

niteruner

Thanks for the quote, but I already read that. It's been almost two weeks now, so I hoped Simon might have had some time to build the new mod pack.
I'm part of a german Let's Play channel and Rimworld is kind of my hobbyhorse, so I'm always exited when new stuff arrives.

niteruner

I know that. I just wanted to update myself about the status.
If there's nothing new, then there's nothing new :)

carpediembr

Dude.. just read about the mod (Only used the hardcore mod pack before) and I had to give a try and popped the 12d version on...

YOU MUST update this mod, it is just amazing. Congratulations on the work!