[A12d] Canned Food 1.2 (update of JuliaEllie's mod)

Started by milon, November 06, 2015, 04:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

METATERREN

AseaHeru

Quick question, does cooking it into food still require five to ten chunks of whatever? I havent been able to catch my colonists using cans in cooking, but if it does than, well, with ten chunks going into a can, isint that a bit of a waste?

milon

10 raw ingredients + 1 steel = 1 can

I'm out of town and not able to check right now, but either 1 or 2 cans is just short of the nutrition required for a simple meal. (That's intentional to keep non-spoiling food from being over powered.)

I'm always open to balance & improvement ideas.

AseaHeru

So turning it into a meal only requires two of them? Allright, that makes more sense to me.

milon

Grimandevil

there's a bug\feature where pawns take like 40+ cans with em.
plus, when eating, they take 15 cans, consume 2-3 and leave the rest.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

falconwind

Hi all! New to the forum, and the game!

Saw this mod, and I figured this will be great for an emergency food reserve, since (I think) you can't craft survival meals.

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Bulk Meals mod? It adds recipes for multiple meals at once at the cook stove. It also has a new professional stove, but I don't expect that to work necessarily.

Shabazza

Do you get the steel back after eating the food?
Would be cool if you could reuse or at leats recycle it in a separate step at the mechanics table or so.

I think it's not perfectly balanced right now when looking at the regular meals. But definitely a cool additon with the "does not spoil" perk.

milon

Grimandevil, thanks for the bug report. I'll check it out.

Falconwind, I'll check for compatability. Off the top of my head, I think it should be fine. It adds new content and doesn't overwrite anything.

Shabazza, You don't currently get the steel back, but I would like to make that a feature. I'm thinking craftable cans that get filled /emptied.

The mod isn't super well balanced, no. I updated it to A12 mostly for the modding experience (this was the first one I released). I'm open to any & all suggestions, of course. It's been a while since I've worked on this one, and I won't get on it right away. But I won't forget about it either!

PotatoeTater

Any plan of updating this to alpha 13? If not I may try myself.
Life is Strange

milon

Short answer: I might do it in a week or two, but feel free to give it a go yourself.

Looking answer: I burned myself out on both modding and RimWorld a few months ago, around the same time that IRL became really insane. Life has settled down again, and I'm mostly recovered from burnout. I'm going to take things slower from now on to try to avoid burnout. I'm not territorial about my mods, so if anyone wants to update them, edit them, put them in mod packs, whatever, you're more than welcome to do so. Just give credit where it's due. ;)

PotatoeTater

Quote from: milon on April 19, 2016, 08:23:30 PM
Short answer: I might do it in a week or two, but feel free to give it a go yourself.

Looking answer: I burned myself out on both modding and RimWorld a few months ago, around the same time that IRL became really insane. Life has settled down again, and I'm mostly recovered from burnout. I'm going to take things slower from now on to try to avoid burnout. I'm not territorial about my mods, so if anyone wants to update them, edit them, put them in mod packs, whatever, you're more than welcome to do so. Just give credit where it's due. ;)

Thank you, I hope IRL keeps heading towards better light for you. I'll break out my old coding knowledge and give it a shot probably this weekend, I'll let you know if it works.
Life is Strange

milon

Welp, it's A14 now and this poor mod hasn't seen the light of day since A12.  Moving to Outdated.

Anyone can feel free to resume the work - just notify JuliaEllie if you do.

If you're new to modding and want to give it a go, see the modder's reference in my signature.  I'll even give you a hand if you need it.

merthsoft

I'd like to take this over for A15 and forward once my current mod is done.

milon

Awesome!  Just make sure to credit the original author.  I don't care if I am credited or not.