Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

Listen1

Devilsheep, Makes Devilstrand wool.

It only eats people and human flesh.

Something about the void gods.

lance789

Are you (A Friend) also building the code for this mod or just the textures?
I ask because I may create a sister set to what you are creating here (and your designs here are genious btw).

For Example:
Exotic Rainbow Ave

Based on your Meadow Ave, but not copied nor traced, (drawn entirely from scratch using PS CS5)

Rarity: Equally as rare as Thrumbo
Pack/Group Size: 1 (single)
Health: (a little more than a Bear's)
Diet: Animal/Human Meat
Speed: Very Fast (like a pawn with Jogging + Fast Walker)
Beauty: 200
Tame: Obedience/Release (no Rescue) (no Hauling) (may attack on failed Tame attempts)
Attack Power: (same as Thrumbo)
Sell Price: (very...VERY expensive)
Drops On Death: x10 Devilstrand, x75 Synthread, x30 Rainbow Feathers
Butchered: x35 Rainbow Ave Meat (using squirrel meat graphic)

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

A Friend

Quote from: lance789 on May 09, 2016, 02:24:31 PM
Are you (A Friend) also building the code for this mod or just the textures?
I ask because I may create a sister set to what you are creating here (and your designs here are genious btw).

Oh I just do the textures and some ideas. Skullywag's handling everything code related. What you have there looks pretty nice too.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

cesarjunior233

A Friend

It's still being made. But it'll be out soon™
But there's this for the meanwhile - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20171.0

Oh and I had this in my folder for quite a while now.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

skullywag

I am still on this, sorry lifes hectic right now and im supporting a rather silly number of mods.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Peppsen

Skullywag, my hero! I really like to see this mod, if it's only def/XML coding I could help you. I have a lot of excess time... Though the only thing I've done thus far is change some values. Most of the defs are self-explanatory. You could e.g. give me an animal, and I could try to implement it.

skullywag

im currently wrestling a pretty large bug in A13:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20188.msg220930#msg220930

basically if you add anything like animals plants diseases to a biome from their individual def (so dont overwrite the biomedef itself) which most modders should do to keep compatibility, it breaks the game, im working on a patch to CCL (which is where I and 1000101 would like all modders to put fixes to the base game) so itll work in A13 for this mod at least, but its added a bit of time to the release as without this it simply cannot work without me overriding the core biomes which would make this mod incompatible with any mod that does the same thing, so im not compromising here.

AllenWL

Quote from: skullywag on May 15, 2016, 04:23:54 AM
I am still on this, sorry lifes hectic right now and im supporting a rather silly number of mods.
That's a understatement...
I can think of at least a dozen mods you support... more like two dozen actually....

skullywag

ok, the bug is a doozy and im having trouble getting it perfect, but for those that want a taste, here are 2 mods you can use to try this out.

https://www.mediafire.com/?wweev99jwbeetxf - AlphaAnimals
https://www.mediafire.com/?p7vpet6w1hgpku5 - BiomeTest

You will need the latest version of CCL loaded, biometest loaded after that and finally alpha animals last.

Beware NO VANILLA ANIMALS will spawn EVER. This is the issue im battling right now, ive got the custom animals to spawn but doing so breaks the vanilla ones, im working with 1000101 of CCL to fix this vanilla game issue fully, hopefully itll be soon.

One thing I hope this less than perfect build can do is maybe find some issues or generate some suggestions. So if youre up for it have at it!

AlwaysBugged

If you guys are still taking ideas:

Wind rays: small genetically modified manta rays that float around and about whilst being quite pretty.

Not very useful at all: they don't eat much and they may be butchered for meager amounts of edible meat and a little leather scraps.

skullywag

First time i have ever been happy to see a squirrel in my life.

I have a working detour for CCL located here (for anyone interested):

https://github.com/Skullywag/CommunityCoreLibrary/blob/skullywag_biomedef_fix/DLL_Project/Detours/BiomeDef.cs

Ill get this pull requested into CCL and then ill wrap up a proper release when CCL rolls its own new release), its gone midnight here and ive been on this sucker for a few hours now.

If you see 1000101 thank him, wouldnt have got this to completion so fast if it wasnt for him.

drakulux

Hey Yall, great looking mod, will try when its ready in my next playthrough. If I could make some suggestions hope something sparks your fancy. The nightlings should be strictly nocturnal, sleeping in the day time and only waking when influenced, e.g. attacked. If possible to have a prefered living area that is dark (I was thinking how miscellaneous mod adds ruins, if it is possible to spawn "caves" using mountain rocks to create a sort of smallish rock base that is hollow inside with a narrow entrance; 1-2 tile. Make nightlings haul knocked out/dead prey to the cave before eatin).

If possible they should be afraid of fire and possibly avoid lit up areas at night, except when very hungry, then they can venture into the light in search of food. For the cave, I imagine something like areas where in daytime only the cave area is allowed, unless they are attacked then they can chase outside the area, while at night all map is allowed. Dont know how to even guess at making them avoid light but if it is possible to do that then it shouldnt be too difficult to allow them in lit areas when state is very hungry. I imagine if pawns detect light levels for accuracy then it should be possible to create a mod that creates a restricted area for tiles with light level higher than "x". I do not know the extent that modders can achieve things, I have edited xml mod files to customise things to my liking, I could technically create a mod but I dont do C#.

Also nightlings should lay eggs in the caves.

I feel changing the way the animals naturally behave will bring some true terror to night especially with the darkness mod, u just see eyes in the dark coming for u!!

Lennbolt7

Quote from: drakulux on May 16, 2016, 08:13:41 AM
Hey Yall, great looking mod, will try when its ready in my next playthrough. If I could make some suggestions hope something sparks your fancy. The nightlings should be strictly nocturnal, sleeping in the day time and only waking when influenced, e.g. attacked. If possible to have a prefered living area that is dark (I was thinking how miscellaneous mod adds ruins, if it is possible to spawn "caves" using mountain rocks to create a sort of smallish rock base that is hollow inside with a narrow entrance; 1-2 tile. Make nightlings haul knocked out/dead prey to the cave before eatin).

If possible they should be afraid of fire and possibly avoid lit up areas at night, except when very hungry, then they can venture into the light in search of food. For the cave, I imagine something like areas where in daytime only the cave area is allowed, unless they are attacked then they can chase outside the area, while at night all map is allowed. Dont know how to even guess at making them avoid light but if it is possible to do that then it shouldnt be too difficult to allow them in lit areas when state is very hungry. I imagine if pawns detect light levels for accuracy then it should be possible to create a mod that creates a restricted area for tiles with light level higher than "x". I do not know the extent that modders can achieve things, I have edited xml mod files to customise things to my liking, I could technically create a mod but I dont do C#.

Also nightlings should lay eggs in the caves.

I feel changing the way the animals naturally behave will bring some true terror to night especially with the darkness mod, u just see eyes in the dark coming for u!!
I second this. With this change and that darkness mod, I'd learn to fear the nightlings.