[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathstar

Dude, hot damn! Loving all the new features, especially the integrated vein miner!

UnlimitedHugs

I had a blast working on this one :D
Can't take all the credit, though. Someone suggested the tool extensions months ago, and the idea has been with me ever since. Also, the Harmony library was essential in pulling off some of the crazy stuff needed to make this work :P
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.1.0

Got a bit of a usability update for the new tools:
- "Haul urgently" and "Select similar" tools will now appear for selected items. This should make them more accessible and save a few clicks.
- The Haul+ work type can now be hidden with a new setting. Haul urgently will still work as expected, the job priority just won't be configurable.
- "Mine connected" action will now consider selected ores as designated. This allows to just select ore tiles for the contest menu action instead of marking them with the Mine tool.
- "Haul urgently" context action changed to mark only items visible on screen. This should make it applicable more often.

Remember to also grab at least HugsLib 3.1.0 to run this update.

Also, added the German translation contributed by Lauri7x3.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Fregrant

"- "Haul urgently" context action changed to mark only items visible on screen. This should make it applicable more often."
You have a point here. Though sometimes it was useful to mark all, to drag in a deteriorating scattered items after a raid and so on.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Fregrant on May 29, 2017, 08:44:27 AM
"- "Haul urgently" context action changed to mark only items visible on screen. This should make it applicable more often."
You have a point here. Though sometimes it was useful to mark all, to drag in a deteriorating scattered items after a raid and so on.

I could add back the "everything" mode by making a second context menu option. It's always better to keep already implemented features around if possible, so you make a good point.

Omnicide

I just wanted to let you know, changing to 3.1 from 3.0, this mod breaks my game. Would you like the error log?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Omnicide on May 29, 2017, 09:22:10 AM
I just wanted to let you know, changing to 3.1 from 3.0, this mod breaks my game. Would you like the error log?

Of course, please send it my way.

Omnicide

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on May 29, 2017, 09:24:33 AM
Quote from: Omnicide on May 29, 2017, 09:22:10 AM

Of course, please send it my way.

I hope that is the correct way to post the error log. Long time lurker with few posts under my belt. Its been a while since i've posted to a forum. Seeing as how I enjoy your work, I figured I would do my part.

If there is a preferred way of submitting the log, please let me know, I would be happy to do it correctly.

Edit. Added your hugslib error log upload button link.
https://gist.github.com/f2fc44e4c5d8791bcde1d3c8649a331c

Edit. Updating your Mod Library fixed the issue. I had a suspicion that it may have been a dependency and noticed your prolific library's update.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Omnicide on May 29, 2017, 09:37:53 AM
I hope that is the correct way to post the error log. Long time lurker with few posts under my belt. Its been a while since i've posted to a forum. Seeing as how I enjoy your work, I figured I would do my part.

If there is a preferred way of submitting the log, please let me know, I would be happy to do it correctly.
Edit. Updating your Mod Library fixed the issue. I had a suspicion that it may have been a dependency and noticed your prolific library's update.

I do prefer the logs uploaded with the HugsLib publisher, but seems you already posted one :)
It was indeed because of the library version- though Allow Tool should have warned you with a popup about the dependency as you were starting the game. I'll look into that.
Thank you for taking the time to report this.

Omnicide

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on May 29, 2017, 10:03:03 AM
Quote from: Omnicide on May 29, 2017, 09:37:53 AM

I do prefer the logs uploaded with the HugsLib publisher, but seems you already posted one :)
It was indeed because of the library version- though Allow Tool should have warned you with a popup about the dependency as you were starting the game. I'll look into that.
Thank you for taking the time to report this.

Of course, the least I could do as a user of your exceptional modifications  :)

Fregrant

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on May 29, 2017, 08:57:34 AM
Quote from: Fregrant on May 29, 2017, 08:44:27 AM

I could add back the "everything" mode by making a second context menu option. It's always better to keep already implemented features around if possible, so you make a good point.
Yes, that sounds great. Though mod is good anyway  :D

henk

"Hunt all animals" and "Harvest all plants" will designate animals and plants in undiscovered areas.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.1.1

Just pushed a quick update to address the latest issues.
Context actions will now properly respect fogged tiles, and the context action on "Select similar" should now work properly.
I updated the checker to properly show a popup if HugsLib needs to be updated.
Also, I added a second context action to "Haul urgently"- it will haul everything on the map, just like it used to before today's update.

Quote from: henk on May 29, 2017, 02:25:53 PM
"Hunt all animals" and "Harvest all plants" will designate animals and plants in undiscovered areas.

Just fixed. I appreciate the report, though :)

DenVildeHest

Could you add functionality for a global "cancel orders" and a "mine" hotkey? or even better just a hotkey to access the Orders and Zone/Area tabs in the architect menu.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: DenVildeHest on May 30, 2017, 11:11:01 AM
Could you add functionality for a global "cancel orders" and a "mine" hotkey? or even better just a hotkey to access the Orders and Zone/Area tabs in the architect menu.

Hotkeys are a bit tricky- between vanilla and my mods alone, there is not one free key left on the keyboard. Maybe on the numpad somewhere :P
I could extend the functionality of the "context action" key to have it activate the first context action on the selected items, if no tool is selected. Would that work for you?