[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

This seems absolutely perfect for 2 things.

1.Antisap. "You think you're sapping over there? HA"

2.Killboxing. Provide enemy with perfect, yet mined cover...or have roofing set to collapse with a wood wall on it's last legs holding it up. Set off the explosive and instantly kill anything under that roof.

UnlimitedHugs

Yep! Gives you options in the ways of defending without putting your pawns at risk.
IMO, the best mods are those that allow you to devise clever new solutions without being overtly powerful.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Raccoon

UnlimitedHugs

Well, there's the vanilla IED that explodes when things pass over it. Did you have something different in mind?
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.4.0

Oh boy, do I have an update for you guys ;D
You can check the first post for details. Looking forward to your feedback.

Fluffe

This looks like a awesome mod going to go ahead and try it right away lol

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.5.0

Hey folks, here's the update to A14. No further changes.
Please report any bugs you may find.

Dogman_27

UnlimitedHugs

Well, you could try it out and let me know what you think. I certainly did my best to not overshadow other base defense options.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.6.0

So after playing a round of Factorio, this idea came to me- if explosives are used in a defensive perimeter, surely, you would want to replace them after they did their job. An thus, auto-replacement was born ;D
The blueprint will stay forbidden for the first 30 seconds to keep overzealous builders from charging into huge waves of Wargs, while strapped with explosives. So brave.

viperwasp

Thanks I like the Autocharge Idea! :) -updating mod now.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

viperwasp

Been loving this mod so far. I use Fluffys Tab Mod as do a lot of people and I keep getting this error. I imagine this is very low priority as both mods do seem to work fine together. I don't know much about modding but I am posting this here because if a small update to this mod can make it work even better with other mods like Fluffys Tab's then that would be useful.

See attachments for details.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

123nick

a suggestion- mining charges are hard to use. if using deep in a mine, you have to build a detonator or remote console near it, which means u have to get a long cable of power conduits to the remote detonator AFAIK. maybe allow a timed fuse for the explosive, that does not need research and any colonist can go and set it?

Zxypher

Quote from: 123nick on August 20, 2016, 02:04:54 PM
a suggestion- mining charges are hard to use. if using deep in a mine, you have to build a detonator or remote console near it, which means u have to get a long cable of power conduits to the remote detonator AFAIK. maybe allow a timed fuse for the explosive, that does not need research and any colonist can go and set it?

I'd love to see a remote detonator that took up a weapon/shield slot. I've found that for mining explosives I put them down, arm them, then shoot them...it works but takes time. :D