[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: viperwasp on August 20, 2016, 05:46:09 AM
Been loving this mod so far. I use Fluffys Tab Mod as do a lot of people and I keep getting this error. I imagine this is very low priority as both mods do seem to work fine together. I don't know much about modding but I am posting this here because if a small update to this mod can make it work even better with other mods like Fluffys Tab's then that would be useful.

See attachments for details.
Thank you, I'll put out a fix with the next release.

Quote from: 123nick on August 20, 2016, 02:04:54 PM
a suggestion- mining charges are hard to use. if using deep in a mine, you have to build a detonator or remote console near it, which means u have to get a long cable of power conduits to the remote detonator AFAIK. maybe allow a timed fuse for the explosive, that does not need research and any colonist can go and set it?
Yeah, despite the console being moveable it still needs power. I might put a battery into it, or go with the timers- also a nice idea.

Quote from: Zxypher on August 21, 2016, 02:05:15 AM
I'd love to see a remote detonator that took up a weapon/shield slot. I've found that for mining explosives I put them down, arm them, then shoot them...it works but takes time. :D
Nice workaround :D
Portable detonator sounds good to me- could be shorter range and only on one channel. It would need some way to display its range, though. I'll see what I can do.
Also, mining explosives already start armed when you place them. There's a setting for that in each explosive def.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.7.0

Behold, the portable detonator! The perfect accessory for the fashion-conscious demolitionist on the go.
Goes in your shield slot and works pretty much like its table-sized bigger brother. Hover over the button to see the range.
Uses are limited, but better quality will improve both the number of uses and range.
Also, Fluffy's warnings should be fixed.

HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Zxypher

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on August 22, 2016, 06:11:46 AM
Updated to 1.7.0

Snip

That was quick! You are awesome!

Next on my personal request list would be lower tech explosives that use a plunger for when you are Component starved! :D

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Zxypher on August 23, 2016, 01:26:30 AM
That was quick! You are awesome!
Next on my personal request list would be lower tech explosives that use a plunger for when you are Component starved! :D

Ya know, it's an option. I wish there were more basic resources to make things out of, other than steel- like coal and oil. Charcoal is an option- nothing like tree-powered explosives :D
Primitive explosives would also go well with the low-tech tribal theme. I'll think about it.

Zxypher

Ya know, it's an option. I wish there were more basic resources to make things out of, other than steel- like coal and oil. Charcoal is an option- nothing like tree-powered explosives :D
Primitive explosives would also go well with the low-tech tribal theme. I'll think about it.

Well we have Boomalope and Boomrats why not Boomweeds? Grow your explosives! Muahaha!

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Zxypher on August 23, 2016, 10:36:40 AM
Well we have Boomalope and Boomrats why not Boomweeds? Grow your explosives! Muahaha!

Hey, good thinking. Let's make it interesting and say they catch fire and explode when walked over too often.
'Murica root or Texas weed seem like good names offhand ;D

123nick

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on August 22, 2016, 06:11:46 AM
Updated to 1.7.0

Behold, the portable detonator! The perfect accessory for the fashion-conscious demolitionist on the go.
Goes in your shield slot and works pretty much like its table-sized bigger brother. Hover over the button to see the range.
Uses are limited, but better quality will improve both the number of uses and range.
Also, Fluffy's warnings should be fixed.

thank you so much! i will re-install this mod, if i have enough RAM for it, but that's out of my control (rimworld can use at most 4gb of ram, regardless of how much ram u actually have) still, thanks for the update!  ;D  also, i assume u might be able to craft the portable detonators?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: 123nick on August 24, 2016, 09:52:45 AM
thank you so much! i will re-install this mod, if i have enough RAM for it, but that's out of my control (rimworld can use at most 4gb of ram, regardless of how much ram u actually have) still, thanks for the update!  ;D  also, i assume u might be able to craft the portable detonators?

You are most welcome :)
The RAM issue sounds like a memory leak- in which case it's a bug. Does it happen with this mod, or just Rimworld in general?
The detonator is craftable at the explosives bench, or you could buy one from a trader.

Deimos Rast

I have to say this mod deserves an instant download for the SleepyTime gas mechanics alone. Looking through the defs it seems to be really fleshed out too! Now to repurpose it for other means....maybe a HappyTime gas.... Does it go through vents by the way? I'm thinking of hive fumigation or rigging my base with gas failsafes. Oooo, or mortars and smoke grenades...but dissipation would kick in.
Hmmm, lot of potential.
Overall, great mod!
#StopPluginAbuse

tommiethegun

Love this mod, and love the new portable detonator!

Feature request: grenades! sleeping gas and sealing foam grenades would be awesome. Keep up the great work :)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 26, 2016, 07:17:19 PM
I have to say this mod deserves an instant download for the SleepyTime gas mechanics alone. Looking through the defs it seems to be really fleshed out too! Now to repurpose it for other means....maybe a HappyTime gas.... Does it go through vents by the way? I'm thinking of hive fumigation or rigging my base with gas failsafes. Oooo, or mortars and smoke grenades...but dissipation would kick in.
Hmmm, lot of potential.
Overall, great mod!

I'm glad you like it :D
The gas feature took quite a bit of planning and polishing to get it to work. So much so, that I considered making a separate mod with various functional gasses- laughing gas, put-you-on-fire gas, fertilizer gas, fire suppression, cooling-heating gas... so many possibilities! The gasses would come in capsules and be released by a powered dispenser with dosage, remote triggering, closable vents, etc.
Anyhoo, right now the basic vent (as well as doors) are supported, and the sleeping effect can be replaced with any Hediff with increasing severity, if you edit the defs. No coding required.

Quote from: tommiethegun on August 26, 2016, 07:48:13 PM
Love this mod, and love the new portable detonator!

Feature request: grenades! sleeping gas and sealing foam grenades would be awesome. Keep up the great work :)

Thank you for playing :)
Those grenades sound quite powerful. I'll consider it- maybe as a single-use item for the accessory slot.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.8.0

Fixed things up for A15. Happy explodin' :)

Deimos Rast

yes Yes YES!
Thanks for the update.

P.S. Wearable detonators are cool and all, but wearable explosives are the new fashion trend.
If only animals could wear items, I would finally have a use for a yorkshire terrier.... 8)
#StopPluginAbuse

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 31, 2016, 02:33:11 PM
yes Yes YES!
Thanks for the update.

P.S. Wearable detonators are cool and all, but wearable explosives are the new fashion trend.
If only animals could wear items, I would finally have a use for a yorkshire terrier.... 8)

While a great idea and very much in the whole Rimworld spirit, I couldn't stomach implementing something like that.
Granted, making a mod about explosives for a game that prominently features cannibalism may not seem like the most sensible choice either :)
Still, ya gotta draw the line somewhere.

gillsminnow

Hey love this idea have given it a download! Just a quick question - can I use this to clear the roof of a mountain so that it won't collapse in future?