[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddle78

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on April 21, 2019, 03:24:37 AM
Quote from: Riddle78 on April 19, 2019, 05:48:35 PM
So,something funny happened earlier today while I was working on my oil operation...

Is that a meteor drop? I remember I specifically removed the foam from the meteor pool- I guess something changed.

Yup,that's a meteor drop. Think it splattered a Megasloth,too. I guess the ship's sealant foam system didn't do good enough?

Sonsalt

I have created several new Gas types in HediffDef and tried to add them, but I fear my skills are not good enough. Can anyone help with that task?

Exception filling window for Verse.ImmediateWindow: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Widgets.ThingIcon (Rect rect, Verse.ThingDef thingDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DrawPanelReadout (System.Single& curY, Single width) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ArchitectCategoryTab+<DoInfoBox>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ImmediateWindow.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 490)

getting error messages, though I think I should have done everything right ... :(

Here is the definition file for the new gas types: https://pastebin.com/ASAPr78B

1. Tear Gas
2. Acid gas
3. Fear Gas
4. Rage Gas

Riddle78

Quote from: Sonsalt on April 22, 2019, 06:06:51 AM
I have created several new Gas types in HediffDef and tried to add them, but I fear my skills are not good enough. Can anyone help with that task?

Exception filling window for Verse.ImmediateWindow: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Widgets.ThingIcon (Rect rect, Verse.ThingDef thingDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DrawPanelReadout (System.Single& curY, Single width) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ArchitectCategoryTab+<DoInfoBox>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ImmediateWindow.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 490)

getting error messages, though I think I should have done everything right ... :(

Here is the definition file for the new gas types: https://pastebin.com/ASAPr78B

1. Tear Gas
2. Acid gas
3. Fear Gas
4. Rage Gas

While I realize it's more flavour than anything else,I think the Fear Gas Canister (Scarewcrow,much?) should be renamed to "Hallucinogenic Gas Canister",and the Rage Gas Canister should be renamed to "Psychotropic Gas Canister",to make them seem more... Proper,I guess,for lack of a better term? While your current names are on-the-nose and explain to the user precisely what they do without the need for a tooltip,the names don't feel like they fit.

Sonsalt

Greetings everyone

I managed to add several new types of Gas Traps to this mod, updated existing ones and also made it compatible with SK Hardcore.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sahootlmwmguwf/RemoteTech.rar?dl=0

New Traps:

Tear Gas Non-Lethal
a chemical weapon that causes severe eye and respiratory pain, skin irritation, bleeding, and even blindness. Side Effects can be Asthma

Psychotropic gas Non-Lethal
a chemical substance that changes brain function and results in alterations in perception, mood, and behavior. It can cause Anger and even blind Rage. Side Effects can be Brain damage.

Hallucinogenic gas Non-Lethal
This hallucinogen is a psychoactive agent which can cause hallucinations, perceptual anomalies, and other substantial subjective changes in thoughts and emotions. It can cause irrational fear. Side effects can be Dementia

cyanide gas Lethal
Early symptoms include headache, dizziness, fast heart rate, shortness of breath, and vomiting. This may then be followed by seizures, slow heart rate, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, and cardiac arrest.

Corrosive Acid Gas Lethal
Corrosives can burn and destroy body tissues on contact. The stronger, or more concentrated, the corrosive material is and the longer it touches the body, the worse the injuries will be. Causes massive acid burns and heavy bleeding.

Acid Bomb
Sprays highly corrosive acid that melts entire body parts instantaneously. Cause heavy bleeding

Update

Sleeping Gas
As a side effect, sleeping gas can cause pawns to fall into a coma and get heavy brain damage.

Unresolved:

I would like to add several CE IED types to this mod too, but for this I need help.
The idea is to add Grenades and shells as IEDs.

shadowwolf0357

Hi, First off let me say I love this mod, between saving my ass from mechanoids to knocking out everyone in an ancient shrine to powering far off machines with the portable solar panel it's absolutely indispensable.

Unfortunately though I've been having a strange issue with the mining explosives, when I tried to use the fracturing explosive to quickly mine out some steel instead of actually mining anything it simply destroyed one cell of steel dropped a single unit of steel and threw up an error. I verified my game files through steam and tried again on a new map with only hugslib and remote tech active and still had the issue. I tried again on a random map (I used dev mode to finish the research and god mode to build everything) and saved the error logs.

using the fracturing explosive

clearing explosive

log on new map loading up

I'm running on a Lenovo G570 laptop using an I3 2330M, 8 gigs of ram, and a Samsung 850 evo ssd if it matters.

If anyone wants anymore details feel free to ask.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: shadowwolf0357 on January 19, 2020, 05:32:29 PM
Unfortunately though I've been having a strange issue with the mining explosives...

Hey, thank you for the report. I have a few outstanding issues to look at, so I'll be sure to investigate the mining explosives when I do.
Props for the detailed report- it really helps :)

Quote from: Sonsalt on May 12, 2019, 09:10:38 AM
I managed to add several new types of Gas Traps to this mod

Nice work! If you need me to make some tweaks on my end, let me know.

To everyone- I'm also available on Discord under the same name- so if you want to ask something, show me stuff, or just chat, feel free to stop by.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Miriouki

Quote from: Sonsalt on May 12, 2019, 09:10:38 AM
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sahootlmwmguwf/RemoteTech.rar?dl=0

Your link is dead , can you share another one ?
I actually really want some lethal gaz , i have some prisoner who nee.... deserve this  ;D ;D

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.2.0

Hey folks, it's been a while :)
The update for Rimworld 1.1 is here- and while I was at it, I made some fixes and improvements.
Since many people are still playing their 1.0 saves, the new changes are available in both the 1.0 and 1.1 versions of the mod.

- Compatibility for Doors Expanded has been added- closed doors will now properly block gasses. Exception made for curtains and bar doors- because, well, you can't block much with those.
- Mining explosives ore breaking has been fixed and a new mod setting has been added, in case you don't want the ore drops to be automatically forbidden.
- Solidified foam wall graphic has been improved:

- Gas vents issues have been fixed- they were reporting as being blocked when both ends are outdoors. Hitpoints have been increased (both armored and unarmored), and heat exchange rate has been brought in line with the vanilla vent. Heat is only exchanged when powered, so the gas vent doubles as a basic climate control system.
- Shaped charge overlays have been overhauled- they are no longer covered by fog, and already placed charges now have their effective areas highlighted. This should make it a lot easier to lay out charges when trying to cover larger areas:

- Finally, construction skill requirements for upgrades have been reduced across the board- less grinding should be required.

Take care and have yourselves a nice 1.1.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

shadowwolf0357

Cheers mate :) I quickly checked the mining issue in dev mode and it seams to have been fixed.

Stay safe.

UnlimitedHugs

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.2.2

Minor update to fix the broken charges produced by save-load issues in auto-replaced blueprints.
Also, charges will now remember their armed state when auto-replaced.

UnlimitedHugs

UnlimitedHugs