[Mod Request] Base Planning Tool Templates

Started by MisterVertigo, January 12, 2016, 09:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Greetings! I have an idea that I've thought about before, and I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone else thought it would be a good idea. I'm not a coder at all, so if it's a good idea hopefully someone can make it so!

It would be great if I could save a set of base plans between games. For example, I could use the planning tool to lay out my entire base just how I like it. Then I could take all those plans and export them to a save file. In my next game when I'm ready to build my base I can load the plans from before and just drop them down where I want them. Then I can lay down my blueprints and start building. I don't have to count squares and make sure everything lines up properly every time I start a new game.

Note that I'm not asking to lay down entire built bases all at once or anything. All I'm saying is copying the white boxes from the planning tool.

Is this something that's even possible with the modding tools? I now other mods like EdB's Prepare Carefully and the Manager tool are all capable of saving settings that can be used between games. I have no idea about something like this though. Thank you in advance!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Fluffy (l2032)

possible? yes. Easy? no.

That said, it's been discussed on the modding slack, and someone might just decide to give it a try.

MisterVertigo

I wish I knew more about modding & programming or I'd give it a shot myself. I have enough hobbies that pull at my time; I really don't have it in me to start a new one. If anyone wants to tackle it I'd be forever in your debt! :)
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub