Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FridayBiology

add "open research tab" button to research bench
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Dr. Z

Today I continued a colony after I haven't played for several months (shame on me), and I had the idea that a note function would be pretty neat. For things like "No more resources on map" or "Want to build a thermo".
Prasie the Squirrel!

Snowpig

a very cheap one: display the actual energy consumption of a heater/cooler (which seems to depend on temperature set/ambient temperature)

TheClassiness

Smoothing out walls. I don't like having to dig out the walls, and then building new ones in their place. Basically the same tool as the floor smoother.

resetphoenix

- The ability to give clothing to naked prisoners. Either right click the prisoner and select "Clothe [prisoner's name]" where "Strip [prisoner's name]" would otherwise be, or (simpler) right click on a garment and select one of the options, where each prisoner would be listed as an option to clothe in addition to "Wear [garment]".

ITypedThis

Quote from: resetphoenix on December 11, 2014, 07:12:10 PM
- The ability to give clothing to naked prisoners. Either right click the prisoner and select "Clothe [prisoner's name]" where "Strip [prisoner's name]" would otherwise be, or (simpler) right click on a garment and select one of the options, where each prisoner would be listed as an option to clothe in addition to "Wear [garment]".

Currently, as of Alpha 8 prisoners will wear clothing left inside the prison if they are naked. So, no need! :D

Ink.

Quote from: ITypedThis on December 11, 2014, 08:34:51 PM

Currently, as of Alpha 8 prisoners will wear clothing left inside the prison if they are naked. So, no need! :D

Bold is key here. What if I want to make them wear a shirt, pants, and then a jacket? If it's unrestricted and in their cell, will they put it all on?

absentminded

Have an event, or modify an existing event (The one that knocks out all electronic devices maybe?) to stop bionic implants from working either.
So if you have upgraded all your colonists on that day when the flares knock out the power or whatever, no one has working limbs or eyes or etc.

FridayBiology

Event : Long winter : extends winter for a few another week or two.
Event : frost : over night snow effect
Event : Snow storm : fog + snow + wind/storm, could be mid to end winter season.
Event : Harsh summer : extend summer + temperature
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

ITypedThis

Quote from: Ink. on December 11, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

Bold is key here. What if I want to make them wear a shirt, pants, and then a jacket? If it's unrestricted and in their cell, will they put it all on?

Yep! At least in my experience, anyway. They'll just wear anything on the ground if they don't have anything on it its place.

Though, I suppose it would be nice to be able to dictate what they wear. Torture your prisoners by forcing them to wear parkas in the desert... >:)

thefinn

Add the same button you added to the stockpiles to the interface for crafting so you can turn off all crafting ingredients at once.

(Great for crafting your duster ONLY out of deer hide ;)).

silentdeth

Interface suggestions: Right click to select material, left click to build. It gets annoying have to tell it I want to use stone blocks to build a wall every single time.

Dr. Z

Quote from: silentdeth on December 12, 2014, 11:50:50 AM
Interface suggestions: Right click to select material, left click to build. It gets annoying have to tell it I want to use stone blocks to build a wall every single time.

If you want to build a thing with the selected resource, just click it and then you place it. No more need to select building material every time since Alpha 8 (unless you change material of course).
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ink.

Quote from: ITypedThis on December 12, 2014, 01:01:21 AM
Quote from: Ink. on December 11, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

Yep! At least in my experience, anyway. They'll just wear anything on the ground if they don't have anything on it its place.

Though, I suppose it would be nice to be able to dictate what they wear. Torture your prisoners by forcing them to wear parkas in the desert... >:)

Confirmed that this does work, however a slight problem is that lets say you strip your assholes, I mean prisoners, in their cell. If you restrict the clothing, your people wont haul it away. But if you leave it unrestricted, they'll put it on.

Stan-K

Unlocked doors.

We now have:
- locked doors
- open doors for allies, and neutrals

Why not add:
- open doors, for anything that can operate a door knob (or door handle if you'd like to be woken up by bears). Mechanoids I don't know.

The specific use cases I am thinking of:
- give prisoners rooms, a chance to see daylight, but also a communal area.
- so you raiders decide to attack through the fridge? Fine but please don't kick in the door, my food will spoil!