Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

The work tab should show everyone's skill level and learning rate so that it's possible to make good decisions without tabbing through all colonists over and over.

asanbr

Feeding prisoners has nothing to do with medical skill. It should be a warden's job, not a doctor's.

asanbr

make it possible to override the  combat speed = 1  , at least in debug mode.
there are too many occasions of ridiculous things slowing the game down, such as mad squirrels, enemies running suicide into turrets, and such, where we don't need a slow down.

asanbr

It should be possible to treat animals similarly to colonists. It seems a bit random now and it's very hard or impossible to fully treat damaged animals, so they often end up dying from infections and there's nothing we can do.

asanbr

One of my people was assigned as a hunter

after a mech fight, he was carrying frag grenades

you can figure out the rest

I don't think people should hunt with grenades.

erdrik

Crematoriums create ash.
Ash can be used by growers as fertilizer.
Grow Zones/Hydroponics Basin/Flower Pots can be set to accept/deny use of ash/fertilizer.
(Should probably be deny by default)
Should only be able to apply ash/fertilizer once per ?day?
Results in a boost to growth rate.
Lasts at most 1 ?day?

I think to simplify use(or avoid something that needs to change terrain?), method of application is just to have a new job that tells growers to get some ash and dump it on a plant?

DrPacman

gravel floors? another use for the stonecutting bench, grind up some stone, make gravel, place like regular flooring, and it gives the worst possible growable terrain. it would help make maps like ice sheet survivable during solar flares, it wouldnt be cheap to make material wise or labor wise, and gives no great help to farming other than making it possible in an area.

asanbr

Quote from: Mossy piglet on March 07, 2016, 06:55:55 PM
Quote from: asanbr on March 04, 2016, 04:58:05 PM
Escaping prisoners should pick up weapons, at least if they are being attacked.
This would be more realistic, and it would be useful since prisoners could be used for decoy against other factions' raids.
It was mentioned this would be added in alpha 13.

Cool, looking forward to it! I missed that part of A13 description.
Also, it adds a whole bunch of architectural and planning options about placing prisons so that people can be let out if needed.

hut

The ability to treat your own illnesses. It would allow playing a solo game, which is currently impossible as you would eventually die of malaria, flu or a little toe infection.

wetbread

you know how you can buy hoovers/vacuum cleaners that clean up by themselves (romba i think is the name of one of them)you could program them to be like a pet except without most of the human interactions. it would be there purely to take care of cleaning jobs to free up your colonists while still cleaning rooms. maybe it could sleep/charge beside a battery or more efficiently  in a specially researched wall socket? it should probably also be confined to indoors.                                                                                                                                    Also i find that any artists i have cant do art until relatively late game (they have other duties) it would be cool if they could carve on the walls to make the walls give a positive boost. maybe just make the walls have a few lumps and add into the joy activities for colonists to walk up to them ad admire them.                                                                                                                     another idea would be if you had been raided by pirates or tribesmen or towns if afterwards you had taken one of their people prisoner they come to break him/her out. If they are in a mountain they mine through it or if hes in a house they smash through one of the walls. it would be even better if you didnt get a notification about it until they were almost there.

erdrik

Right-Click then Shift or Alt or CTRL-Click to give the command even if it is reserved by someone else.
The other colonist's reservation is removed.

giannikampa

Quote from: erdrik on March 23, 2016, 04:20:36 AM
Right-Click then Shift or Alt or CTRL-Click to give the command even if it is reserved by someone else.
The other colonist's reservation is removed.
Oh yes, we are in charge,  we want the control
("we are the capitan now" cit.)
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

cameron908

Quote from: wetbread on March 22, 2016, 07:06:04 PM
you know how you can buy hoovers/vacuum cleaners that clean up by themselves (romba i think is the name of one of them)you could program them to be like a pet except without most of the human interactions. it would be there purely to take care of cleaning jobs to free up your colonists while still cleaning rooms. maybe it could sleep/charge beside a battery or more efficiently  in a specially researched wall socket? it should probably also be confined to indoors.                                                                                                                                    Also i find that any artists i have cant do art until relatively late game (they have other duties) it would be cool if they could carve on the walls to make the walls give a positive boost. maybe just make the walls have a few lumps and add into the joy activities for colonists to walk up to them ad admire them.                                                                                                                     another idea would be if you had been raided by pirates or tribesmen or towns if afterwards you had taken one of their people prisoner they come to break him/her out. If they are in a mountain they mine through it or if hes in a house they smash through one of the walls. it would be even better if you didnt get a notification about it until they were almost there.
"roomba" can already be found in frequent suggestions topic, plus would probably be a much more intensive thing to add to the game so also probably not a "cheap" idea

A Friend

So with the next update introducing ground-based caravans,
I suggest that trading human meat and leather with them would decrease the chances of them visiting you next time.

nerf human leather
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Wadena

Hi,
Here`s two "simple" ideas (I think);
1. The red flashing danger light should/could come from the direction of the danger. That way it would be more intuitive to locate said danger since (at least I) instinctively we tend to be drawn to the direction of that visual cue. Or it could come from all 4 edges of the screen?
2. An "info tab" with information about growing season for the current area, How many days left of the season and stuff like that.