Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zylosan

1# My Cheapest Request is the ability to prioritize repairs on targeted equipment. As is you have to dismiss your soldiers and hope they choose to repair the turret that is saving their lives. Who decides to go take a nap or grab a meal in the middle of combat? 

This could easily be implemented using the code for prioritizing cleaning up rubble, but that still requires you to dismiss your solder and hope that they don't wander off for a snack and a nap. A better long run solution would be allowing drafted colonists to directly repair objects while drafting. But that's going to be more time consuming to implement.

#2 Really Cheap option.  Have a window pop up the first time you attempt to contact a near by ship that says some thing along the lines of

"The distance traveled by interstellar ships is immense, and requires cold-sleep equipment for each crew member.  Most ships travel with a crew equal to their facilities and are rarely willing to transport stranger.  Plus each traveler consumes a portion of the ships reserves and the cost to hitch a ride would be very high if it was even possible to do so.. (25,000 per person) There is one type of ships that would be happy to give you a ride. i.e. Slave Traders.  Few of your colony mates would be willing to give up the freedom that comes from living in a community that allows them control of their own lives. In exchange for slavery, or ending up as a serf or mineral on some populated world on which they  have little money or influence"

3# This is more a criticism of the game than a feature request.  This game has been heavily promoted for its interactive AI storytellers.  Yet all I see in my play through's is a desire to wipe out the colony with wave after wave of skilled and well armed raiders. 

tageborg

Quote from: zylosan on November 13, 2013, 10:17:50 AM
1# My Cheapest Request is the ability to prioritize repairs on targeted equipment. As is you have to dismiss your soldiers and hope they choose to repair the turret that is saving their lives. Who decides to go take a nap or grab a meal in the middle of combat? 

This is already in the game, isn't it? Select your colonist, right-click the turret and select "Prioritize repairing Turret". I'm sure I did this just the other day.

todofwar

Want to add in a vote for windows, have your colonists able to shoot through them but grenades can pass through too.

huxi

3# This is more a criticism of the game than a feature request.  This game has been heavily promoted for its interactive AI storytellers.  Yet all I see in my play through's is a desire to wipe out the colony with wave after wave of skilled and well armed raiders.

pre-alpha...

todofwar

So currently you can manually prioritize citizens which is nice, but I think a general "jobs" system that auto assigns tasks could help. For example, "Farmer" would assign priority 1 to growing, 2 to cutting, 3 to hauling. "Miner" would assign priority 1 to mining 2 to hauling, etc. Should be pretty quick to implement and would cut down on micro management time. Obviously being able to manually adjust priorities should be left in place, and any priorities not affected by the job assignment could be left at whatever the player assigned.

windruf

Quote from: tageborg on November 13, 2013, 10:27:15 AM

This is already in the game, isn't it? Select your colonist, right-click the turret and select "Prioritize repairing Turret". I'm sure I did this just the other day.
no they are not
they repair a little and run off to eat, sleep or do other things.

and for my cheap suggestion: to make energy show:

current usage/maximum usage
current production/maximum production

it would help planing energy upgrade and is in about 5 min to make.

Adil

1. Allow food to be taken back from storage area. It a bit silly when people starve because of lack of electricity.
Or add a dumpzone variant that accepts food.

2. Ability to disallow debris from dumpzones. Some of them are meant for corpses only.

3. Color names of drafted people in the overview screen.

4. Notification about fighting\hurt people.

5. Ability to change to which conduit lamps, turrets and dispenser are connected.

6. Have idlers wander around home zones instead of any construction on the map.

Nasikabatrachus

Quote from: Adil on November 13, 2013, 03:17:53 PM
2. Ability to disallow debris from dumpzones. Some of them are meant for corpses only.

You can already do this. When you have one or more dump areas selected, click on the orange "Storage" tab and it will show options for debris and meal dumping.

On this note, I have found that when I incinerate corpses in a dumping area, the options will revert and allow debris to be dumped there. I have no idea why, but I would hope this kind of thing can be changed.

Runalotski

Is it possible to make a "cleaning zone" that's independent of the "home zone" so I can make my settlers only clean inside?

Semmy

Quote from: Runalotski on November 13, 2013, 10:45:33 PM
Is it possible to make a "cleaning zone" that's independent of the "home zone" so I can make my settlers only clean inside?

This is an awsome idea.
I always hated my outside world to be cleaner than my cave d-; Somehow the stupid goons always want to clean outside.
Maybe i should execute one to set an example
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

auspidermonkey

When mining have a warning or show on the map with a red zone which will collapse if not reinforced before mining completes.

Stryker

Some more weapons ideas for the cheapest threads.
Taser
Damage: 10 (Highpowered shocks)
Range: Shorter than a pistol
Will stun an enemy for a 70% chance and incapacitate (capture incapacitated) for a 55% chance

And for a melee weapon version a stun baton that's weaker and has larger chances to stun.

Bizz Keryear

A really cheap idea: Allowing to move debris every where. You can give the stuff actually a sense.
Like: A cheap replacement for sandbags.  Ugly but doing basically the same. It can also slow down mad pest  and raiders.*

I'd like to see where are my solders are going and that means not only the one I have currently selected. Like a little colored dot. It would be improving dispatching forces.

Different zones? see: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=58.msg10840#msg10840 section: 3.c

*I read something that made it look like that's possible already, however I couldn't figure out how.

Bizz Keryear

Another cheap idea: The range of lamps before placing and when selecting them ... no more dark or too bright areas!

TheVoice

I'd like to see a change to the existing wildlife, here are my thoughts:

1. Remove Muffalo from the map and instead have events where they migrate across the map (Like herds of cattle from our planet).
2. Make Muffalo destructive to the environment (trampling vegetation and smaller critters and eating plants).
3. When a Muffalo goes mad have them beeline to crops (including hydroponics), battering through doors and when they get there consume everything they can. They could even cause damage to Hydroponics tables whilst eating (Ever hear of a Muffalo in a china shop?).
4. Boomrat, when it goes mad have it chew on cables, once it chews through have the boomrat explode.