Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkfish

New suggestion DP!

Things killed by force targeted turrets should automatically be unforbidden.
<insert witty signature here>

Goinbout99

Its probably been mentioned already but, a daylight sensor. Like when im playing the game and my guys wake up and go do their daily jobs they leave their rooms with the lights and heaters/Air Conditioning on, and it wastes some energy that i could be using for later purposes. Maybe this idea could be transformed into some sort of enemy sensor for turrets, like for when enemies aren't there the turrets are in sort of off until needed in a few minutes state and when the enemies attack they turn on, without the need to be turned off or on by the colonists, and start attacking the enemies. I think about this sort of stuff way too much :P sorry cx

Nuggerath

Add a possiblity to randomly choose landing location - sometimes i can`t decide which bio/terrain i want to play so...this will be quite helpfull :D

hector212121

Giving prisoners clothing OF YOUR CHOICE.

So, you know, you can actually GIVE them psy-foil?

SpaceDorf

Display the Outdoor Temperature in a clearly visible spot. 
Bonus if color coded for hot, normal and cold.

Most of the time I don't know what the temperature is at a given time.
So place a hint.
Checking the temperature inside of buildings and the freezer should still be managed by the
player. But the hint, the overall temperature of the day, should be clearly visible.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Stan-K

Quote from: Nuggerath on March 29, 2015, 02:20:15 AM
Add a possiblity to randomly choose landing location - sometimes i can`t decide which bio/terrain i want to play so...this will be quite helpfull :D

And on top of that, a "Quick Start" button on the home screen. Click quick start, choose difficulty, start.

SSS

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2015, 05:19:10 PM
Quote from: Monkfish on March 27, 2015, 04:43:14 PM
Also, allowing raiders to take a dead colonist's key/card and use it to open doors would be fun. :-X

Hey, that's actually a brilliant and scary idea !

That's an awesome idea. I'd really like to see this.

Zorroexe

-Heat Converter, giving out more energy when the temperature it's in is above a certain threshold (average room temperature), have to be outdoors.
-Freeze Converter, *same as above*
-Harvest organs/ parts/ limbs from dead bodies (yet to rot)
-CPR, tried to revive dead colonies, visitors, raiders. (dont work when missing heart or head)

Intermediate:
-Air Transports. (allies, your own, enemies)
-Mobile Turret/ Base (a vehicle which can deploy and pack-up w/o the need to deconstruct)
-Planetary assault, attack from enemy spaceships.
-Under ground creatures, by-pass walls, hostile.
-Ocean. (Under water base, maps, ocean creatures "hostile, neutral", Underwater energy generator)

Palladine

Is it possible to create a "suspend" designation for constructions that temporarily stops colonists from trying to complete them without canceling them outright?

Also, being able to order colonists to stay and do work only in certain zones, a la DF burrows, would make keeping workers organized easier, especially for certain scenarios.

DrSumDoom

Allow some zones to have the options "put X amount" That way, I can put food for my prisoners near the prisoners and some meds too.

Would work great with mortar shells aswell.

b0rsuk

Quote from: SSS on March 30, 2015, 11:26:41 PM
Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2015, 05:19:10 PM
Quote from: Monkfish on March 27, 2015, 04:43:14 PM
Also, allowing raiders to take a dead colonist's key/card and use it to open doors would be fun. :-X

Hey, that's actually a brilliant and scary idea !

That's an awesome idea. I'd really like to see this.
This idea has an easy, too easy counter: lock colonists up, never let them out. To which I say:
- let visitors betray you.

If a visiting faction is relatively friendly with you, but has a better standing with another faction, it might decide to sell them access to your impregnable fortress.This could be done literally, by making them wait and open the doors when the raid comes, or make them steal (pickpocket, even) a key from one of your colonists. Or they might decide to break a power conduit.

ReapDa

I came up with an idea from playing Xenonauts and referencing their tactical combat. I don't know how hard it would be to implement it, but a small change where colonists can avoid friendly fire from a certain amount of tiles away would be very helpful in base defense and such. There's too many times where I find myself losing a game not because of the enemy forces, but because of friendly fire. Realistically, you could fire over someones shoulder if they're crouched in front of you.

CB elite

Actual "assassins":

Basically a pawn type that carries a "lockpick", which acts the exact same way a key does but has a different aesthetic and description to it...

Carry a knife/shiv/whatever stabby melee weapon to stab colonists in their sleep with :D

Notes:
- Preferably an "assassin's are assassinating your colonists" event that you get no warning for; otherwise this idea is semi-useless :/
- The pawns should be balanced to the point that only a few of these guys come even in the late game (not hard to do, really...)
- Decently rare event, so that people are constantly scared that they are going to be stabbed while sleeping, and will also leave people off guard for when they do come ;)

-----

What this offers to game play: CHALLENGE

- Killboxes are typically kept shut-down, except during raids due to their high power consumption. This unannounced event would offer a challenge to players who rely on killboxes to protect themselves.

- All colonies can no longer rely on their silly doors to protect them from an enemy threat while they take their sweet time to prepare themselves for what's coming... It would take a very observant player to notice the incoming assassins.

-----

I feel like this idea is reasonably cheap :)

AllenWL

Unless we can order guards and patrol shifts, manually drafting and drafting guards would be a horrible pain in the neck, and it would be really annoying to keep a eye out for them without micro-managing or staring at the screen till your eyes bleed.

Or people could just keep a turret or two running in their killbox to catch assassins.

Oh, speaking of which, how hard would it be to have the ability to post guards? Guarding could be a job, just like any other, and people on guard duty will walk around their designated rout, and give warning when hostiles are seen.

It could be helpful at times, like when enemies are preparing to attack or something, you could enlist some guards and you won't have to worry that you're soldiers will be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also, this could let us have surprise attack events(where enemies attack without warning) without forcing players to surround their base with turrets or micromanage all day long.

And a few more.
I think there should be a 'work region' of sorts, and pawns will only look for work in that area, unless told otherwise(ex: A cook will only look for food in the work region. Even if there is a shipment of meat outside the zone, they won't go for it. Haulers will also not go get it, unless you tell them to manually.)(of course, some jobs, such as hunting, will not be effected by this)

Also, pawns should only seek food from the home region. When I unforbid those survival meals that fell off a pod, I don't like only having one brought back because everyone all went out to eat them.

Finally, I think it would be nice to have a 'forbidden' zone that pawns will not go to for any reason. Maybe have it be possible to choose which pawns go in, so we could, for example, make a room for collecting and butchering human corpses, and forbid all pawns but our psychotic cook from going in.

SpaceDorf

Another Cheap but very usefull one :

The option to let a growing region lay fallow without deleting it.
So the rest of the crops can grow out, but there is no replanting.
And when you need the  area again just turn it on, not rebuild it.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.