Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morphman

New storage option: Allow clothed corpse.

Just like Allow rotten corpse, this would be an extra option you can put on a storage (like a stockpile) to allow or disallow corpses before they have been stripped.

If we had this option, we could set up a stockpile next to a crematorium with Allow clothed corpse turned off to ensure we're not burning any gear and stop having to micromanage the crematorium.

Alex667

Hello, my name is Alex and I made an account just to suggest you some ideas for the game. I really enjoy RimWorld and you deserve all the support you can get. I've been thinking how cool it would be to attack other factions and steal their resources, I know it's not cheap, but it would add a more strategic feature to the game. It would also be a good thing if colonists could MOVE an object, it's pretty annoying when you have to either destroy or "sell" the object and make another one in the desired place.

hector212121

Alex, that aint exactly cheap...

Cryorus

Also before positing ANYTHING in this Subforum please read here Frequently Suggested Topics. I have seen some people posting samethings as in other topics.

king komodo

Quote from: wolvern on April 11, 2015, 10:05:04 PM
Mines....

Broken colonists would walk on them and so would ally colonists... setting up a zone for such and making some AI tribes avoid them.. this would deter brawlers coming close to your base and make it so you can push enemies away from walls.

Lightning / bullets / fire could set them off tho.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Allowing doors to be locked open, so we can funnel AI into where we want them without them breaking the structure down.

Mines used to be a thing they were removed as they were considered OP. As for the always open doors Why not leave them out unless it's an area that you need closed off otherwise?

Regret

Quote from: king komodo on April 12, 2015, 05:32:38 PM
Mines....

Broken colonists would walk on them and so would ally colonists... setting up a zone for such and making some AI tribes avoid them.. this would deter brawlers coming close to your base and make it so you can push enemies away from walls.

Allowing doors to be locked open, so we can funnel AI into where we want them without them breaking the structure down.

Mines used to be a thing they were removed as they were considered OP. As for the always open doors Why not leave them out unless it's an area that you need closed off otherwise?
Remote controlled door would be better, it could be used to lure the enemy into an oven. (Or freezer)

morphman

Quote from: Regret on April 12, 2015, 05:49:48 PM
Mines....

Remote controlled door would be better, it could be used to lure the enemy into an oven. (Or freezer)

I ma fairly sure this can be done rather "cheap" by modifying the AutoDoor to open when fed electricity and close when electricity is cut and then let the player use the switches... At least until a signal system (and possibly logic) could be added (which is an "expensive" addition).

Havan_IronOak

Suggestion: Make the "blighted crop" event crop type specific.

Reasons:
1) I've heard more than one you-tuber lament the frequency of this event. By varying the crop affected, this would address their criticism.
2) It would further encourage crop diversification
3) It IS more realistic. Blights do tend to affect one species while leaving another entirely alone.

Havan_IronOak

When my hunter seriously wounds an animal he will sometimes get hungry and go home to eat rather than continuing the hunt.  While he's gone, the animal dies and when he returns to hunt others, the now dead animal is marked as forbidden. I've had as many as 4 animals out of a pack of six end up dying but not being successfully harvested for their meat.

If an animal dies as a result of being wounded by a hunter it should be retrievable. If not by the hunter, then by one of the colonists who dedicate themselves to hauling.

Havan_IronOak

Mining has been criticized as making the game too easy in some respects. I suggest adding a noxious gas peril That is... a pocket of gases that make certain sections of the underground unusable. These sections could make the colonists sick if exposed too long and these sections could be walled off so that the rest of the mine complex is still usable.

It might also generate a need for a "canary", a noxious gas detector.

Regret

Quote from: morphman on April 13, 2015, 02:21:19 AM
Mines....

I ma fairly sure this can be done rather "cheap" by modifying the AutoDoor to open when fed electricity and close when electricity is cut and then let the player use the switches... At least until a signal system (and possibly logic) could be added (which is an "expensive" addition).
Point.

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 13, 2015, 03:18:33 AM
Mining has been criticized as making the game too easy in some respects. I suggest adding a noxious gas peril That is... a pocket of gases that make certain sections of the underground unusable. These sections could make the colonists sick if exposed too long and these sections could be walled off so that the rest of the mine complex is still usable.

It might also generate a need for a "canary", a noxious gas detector.
+1

Havan_IronOak

Allow  doors to be locked open, so we can funnel AI into where we want them without them breaking the structure down.

I'd like to see this too.

But in the interim...

This can be done in a clunky way by a hauler, have them drop something in the doorway.  It takes a bit of clicking but it CAN be done today. Of course once you get a doorstop in place be sure and forbid it's removal.

Or just deconstruct the door.

Jstank

change power usage on power plants from X/Y to a power bar.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

AllenWL

Make dead animals not be forbidden by default. It's frankly quite useless and dumb, and unless you live in a cold place, ends up with many rotting animal carcasses and bones littering the map making places ugly and your colonists unhappy.

I get dead raiders and their things, mechanoids, etc being forbidden on death. It prevents idiots trying to haul in dead pirates in the middle of a firefight, or having really ugly corpses hauled in to your base when you don't have a way of corpse disposal just yet.
But having dead animals get forbidden is really useless, and rather annoying.

A 'incapacitate' order for colonists, which makes them aim at legs and arms rather then the head or torso.

eberkain

Quote from: Jstank on April 13, 2015, 09:05:44 AM
change power usage on power plants from X/Y to a power bar.

Yes, the way power generated, stored and used is currently presented is not very intuitive.