Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellspawn_on_Ludeon

Multi-threading.
Nah just kidding ^^

Barbed Wire or Trenches, that greatly slow down attackers, but offer no cover.
Also maybe buffing the chemfuel generator and/or nerfing the solar plants, cause as it stand one solar plant and a battery is as effective as a permanently powered chemfuel generator and it doesn't require constant manpower.

Trallhatt

cheap idea to the forum, make it possible to "thumbs up" posts to see if a suggestion is well received within the community.

Jackalvin

A 'Cold Hearted' trait that still can have friends and all that, but cares less about human consumption.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

PatrykSzczescie

I don't want my fox (minimum handling level: 6) to be bonded with 0lvl skilled pawn since the start. I want a husky instead. Fix this, please!

Greenbear

Should be easy to implement:
- add a bill for downed centipedes to become a sentry: it shoots at anything approaching that is not part of the colony/an ally/neutral etc. Could even be used to auto-hunt animals or just guard an entrance
- when calling the space pirates on the comms console you could taunt them into attacking you right away... or sooth them into not attacking you at all today
- pyromaniacs get a mood boost from watching a campfire
- grass re-growing from random soil spots all over the map, not just from the corner. My walled-off colony always looks completely barren

Greenbear

Military teams:
- coming in to help me against attackers shouldn't wander around the map calmly until they get shot at. Instead just attack the greatest threat right away
- coming in to help me against mechanoids shouldn't carry Molotov cocktails and incendiary launchers but instead the odd EMP grenade or shield belt

cosmic alpaca

Enemy traps: enemies have dead-fall traps the player can't see, unless the player have zappers or a pawn with 150% sight.
please, do not ask about my user name and profile pic

Tober6fire

Possibly make it so that mechanical and PegLeg things could be seen such as for the mechanical eye instead of the pawn having a black dot for an eye maybe add a grey dot.
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.

Greenbear

- new animal species: genetically modified iguanas. They regrow any limbs within 24h. Could be tamed and used as a very basic food source in difficult climates with little wildlife

PatrykSzczescie

Imagine your goodwill with a hostile faction is almost reaching zero and peace talks backfire this.

There should be a factor depending on this goodwill that decreases chances of failure.

jasiek0202

Glass eye - a cheap-ish simple prosthetic that provides no bonus to sight, but gets rid of disfigured eyes.
You can't observe a corpse if you've eaten it

bartekkru100

Quote from: jasiek0202 on May 12, 2018, 10:43:32 AM
Glass eye - a cheap-ish simple prosthetic that provides no bonus to sight, but gets rid of disfigured eyes.
I wish that there was a greater variety and availability of prosthetics in general. Right now it's hard to keep colonists functional for long since in almost every major engagement someone will lose one of their fingers to a savage with a club or develop permanent eye injury from a stray pistol bullet.

giannikampa

Add rural farms in the world map: they are preferibly generated few squares around big cities. You can trade with them, they sell and buy hay, vegetables, milk and farm animals in small numbers.
If you raid them they are very small camps, have very few population, very low armored and no defences (maybe dogs that go manhunt as soon as farmers flee), you'll find growing fields of hay you have a chance to harvest depending on the season, plus some cows you can try to tame before forced to leave the map. Of course their faction will hate you same way as you raided a standard city. Your raid may trigger a "friendlies" event against you.

Other than you going to trade to them, a trader encounter/visit to your base may happen, it is a farmer selling hay, farm animals and their products.

You may want to remove farm animals from being sold by regular traders, especially standard cities, because you can find those sold by the rural encampments.

A specific event called "infestation to neighbour's farm" may happen: you are called to came in aid to one of theese friendly farms nearby and you'll find an insect infestation you have to eradicate. If you don't the settlement will be destroyed in 2 quadrums.

Cold biomes may have muffalos instead of cows. Hot biomes could have dromedaries.

(Not cheap enough for this tread?)
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Greenbear

- new wild plant: poppy
It spawns randomly, same as ambrosia, but without the notification. Will put any animal and pawn to sleep that comes into touching range of it during the day. At night the poppies are closed and all sleepers will awake

LovePachelbel

I would like the ship to be better and more realistic and that you could travel to other planets.
I have some suggestions:

The ships should have walls only made of a special material

The cryptosleep should have to be inside the room created be the ship walls.

You should be able to travel to other planets.