Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeefHellington

The ability to auto-pause when a colonist goes idle would be fantastic.

Pangaea

Could you please change it so that when there is a party, night owls will actually attend? Unless they happen to have a recreation schedule, they will just keep working. Even if I draft them, put them into the party area, and undraft. Back to work they go :(

Not 100% sure about this, but I think they attend weddings, so if that is correct, just do whatever is in the code for those for parties as well.

LWM

Quote from: JaJe on September 24, 2019, 03:17:58 PM
A simple idea that gives a small buff early game:
When you arrive to the planet, the cargo pod just despawn. Instead why not make it not despawnable and use it to have a bad quality sleep and heat? Then you can deconstruct it by obtaining few components. This would be awesome for extreme biomes.

This is really easy to play in the current game!  You can edit the scenario and simply add those items into the list of things the colonists start with.  No time deconstructing, but you do get the basic effect.

Krausladen

Alerts in the top left corner overlap with the colonist bar. 

Suggestion:
Add a clickbox to the left of the alert for players if they want to select the alert and make the colonist bar selectable and fully visible through the alert text on hover.

OR just move the alerts to the bottom right of the screen where they belong. 

The sorting mod that I have puts my colonists in order that I sort, and the alerts overlap with the top colonists in each category - and they become unselectable because someone made a masterwork or a tradeship left or whatever.

Krausladen

Surgery /= Nursing

Separate doctor duties into two job categories or tiers.  Surgical operations vs tending/first aid.  It should be done the same way plants was separated by growing and cutting.   My best plants people prioritieze cutting while my up and coming farmers grow.

We should be able to have our up and coming doctors focused on tending while my top doctors do surgeries.

OR

Add ability to limit operation bills to a certain doctor skill level or specific pawn.

LWM

Quote from: Krausladen on October 11, 2019, 02:16:42 PM
Surgery /= Nursing

Separate doctor duties into two job categories or tiers.

There's an easily available mod that does that; you might go find it.  I think it's called "Nursing" or some such.

Add ability to limit operation bills to a certain doctor skill level or specific pawn.
Yessss

--LWM

Muffalo Guy

Different reactions of particular tech levels to the solar eclipse. Tribals would get some bad thoughts (like it's a wrath of the gods), industrials and spacers could go out and admire, getting a mood buff, as when they see an aurora.

International

Just a VR machine, a colonist will go to it, use it, and gain recreation. Only saying this because we need some late game recreation man! We're running outta smokeleaf
- International

Aka Ripley

hunlord

Here is a cheap idea: when a statue is created and it is a portraying a specific colonist, by placing it to his/her room would give a modifier (depending on the quality). In this case, an additional text can be indicated like "There is a beautiful statue about me in my bedroom!". Also, it could affect settlers with the "jealous" trait, this can satisfy their ego :)

I know that is not a big thing, but I think this kind of small things implemented could make the game more rich, not to mention it is cheap.

Pangaea

Presumably a cheap idea:

Could you please get us an overview somewhere of the amount of body parts we have stored here and there? For instance as a category on the left side of the screen (food, steel etc). It's always a pain to know how many lungs, bionic legs and so forth we have, especially in large colonies in the late game. We shouldn't have to 'fake' create a caravan just to see these things :)

christianmc1101

Idk how complicated it really is, but multiplier for food in meals (Potatoes are more nutrient rich, berries are tasting better), so there is an use of planting different crops. If there is a low mood in my potato-based colony, I can order them to cook berries and get a better mood, as example.
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Mityal999

Idea:  A noob level of difficulty, that disables parts of the game to make it less complex.

The biggest problem of the game, as I think, is complexity — it is absolutely not noob-friendly.
When I advised the game to my friend, I told him to play an early alpha version, and it turned out a good idea.

So, the suggestion is to make a game mode, that disables some game mechanics, such as, say, temperature and item deteriorating.
It can be like a training mode in Star Craft 2: it disables most of units to make the game easier to learn.

Surtr

Sweating or Hot + Water = Relief

If a pawn is sweaty or hot and they take a trek through a river, or it starts raining, it'd eliminate the "Sweaty", the "Hot" and the "Soaking Wet" mood debuffs for a while.  Maybe it even helps with heatstroke slightly.

LWM

As someone who lives in an area where humidity regularly gets to 80 or 90%, let me just say you've never heard whining until it rains and the air is so thick you can barely breathe.

The river bit is probably good, tho :)

I believe there's a mod that has this mechanic - one with biomes based off national parks?

--LWM

TheRetroGamer

I feel that an umbrella, which can be held (or worn as a hat to make it simpler) would help my colonists in the more rainy regions to stay sane.
Ideally it would stop the colonist from getting the soaking wet debuff when walking in the rain.
And then he died.