Research queue.

Started by hector212121, February 04, 2016, 10:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Basically, don't make us re-assign research every time something is researched. Maybe have both auto-research and research queues?

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Ectoplasm

Agreed.

The game not stopping every time research has completed would be cool too. Sometimes it seems all I do is close that damn pop up window - couldn't we just have a small pop up in the corner 'research complete! click here to start another queue' or (if above is implemented) 'turret research complete, now starting medical bed research'.

Dam research pop up stopping my fun, it's a chore to keep closing the darn thing, sure for beginners great idea, but for me it's just an irritation.

Fluffy (l2032)

I'm working on both of these, + a visual research tree (which is more useful for heavily modded games). This basically emulates the Civ research tree, including clicking on an advanced research to queue up all prerequisites. Research complete notifications become a message instead of a game-breaking pop-up.

Sneak preview in attached screeny, taken with the MVP

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

Oh good lord. Fluffy never leave. Never ever. You hear me? NEVER!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Fluffy (l2032)

By the way, this is all generated from nothing but the existing research defs, so it should hopefully be plug and play in any game (including for example the HCSK pack), with the small caveat that it's been tested and optimized for showing the MVP tree nicely, there might be some quirks with different setups. Anyhow, soon! (tm)

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

jzero

Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Fluffy (l2032)

The mod is a few tweaks and a CCL update away from release...

Big gif warning!

ModVarietyPacks' research tree

In action

Bonus: Hardcore SK research tree (quite cluttered, but that's to a large extent because of the pack's highly interconnected research tree with a lot of redundant prerequisites)

EarthyTurtle

Kinda reminds me a bit of the old Galactic Civilizations tech tree.... which I loved so naturally, support!

Haplo

Wow Fluffy, you've surpassed yourself with this one.
It looks really, really good. Can we have that in vanilla, please? ;D

isistoy

Good god! Looks amazing  ::)
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

olizit

Is there a chance this mod can be updated to A14 ?
I found source here : https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/RW_ResearchTree
I try to load this mod with A14 and it fails with a "could not find" exception  :'(

MikeLemmer

olizit

No A14. I don't update yet to A15.