Newcomer Questions

Started by Sven, March 03, 2016, 12:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

Hi everyone :).

I have some very basic questions about this game, cause im totally new to this. So, before i buy this thing, i have following quests. I know, there are many informations on the main website and the forums, but there too many informations, to filter, what im looking for :P.

Here we go:
1) Is this game working under Linux Ubuntu (current version)?
2) Is the text in-game also in german?

Thank you very much in advance,
Sven

Haplo

Hi Sven,

with the download link you get access to a version for windows, for linux and for mac. As I'm a Windows only user I can't really tell for which version the linux variant is (if there even are problems between the variants?). Sorry, but maybe someone else can give you a definitive answer for this.

For your second question: Yes, 95% of the game is in german. There are a few tiny tidbits that can't be translated (yet), but we've done our best to get it up to date as quick as possible.
If you find something that should be translated differently or even isn't translated at all, please tell me, as I'm the one in charge for the german translation :)

Hope to see you soon on RimWorld.

Greetings,
Haplo

Sven

Thank you, Haplo :).
So, there is still the question open: Is Rimworld working under Linux Ubuntu? ;)

milon

Sven, I don't use Linux myself, but a quick forum search for Ubuntu yields many threads regarding the use of Ubuntu with RimWorld. So yes, RimWorld has worked on Ubuntu at least since Alpha 7. I recommend you do the search yourself in case there are any current issues to be aware of.