need help modding pawn body textures

Started by keylocke, March 15, 2016, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

so i started doing the apparel reskins, but i couldn't find the texture path for pants. i'm not even sure there's a "layer" for pants. (armor vest has it's own layer but can't seem to find pants layer).

can anyone advice me for a workaround on this? or should i just include pants/skirt graphics for bottom layer clothes like shirts?

keylocke

anyways after several testing, it seems i can't combine skirts with dusters (the bottom part of the duster would cover the are skirt are)

bottom layer clothes must be "body fit" if it can be worn together with jackets, dusters, armored vests, and powerarmor.

Shinzy

pants don't have worn graphic by default
I added those for mine in apparello

the pants share the same OnSkin layer with shirts
It works cause they don't overlap with the area of coverage
tshirt covers chest and pants only legs

And you can make skirts if you have them be middle layer apparel
Power armors would shed skirts right off you, then and with dusters you'd just have
to make sure the skirt graphic stays under the duster "skirt"

Apparello armor pants     <worngraphicPath>Accessorello/Pants/Pants</worngraphicPath>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>Legs</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <layers>
        <li>OnSkin</li>
      </layers>

T-shirt       <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>Torso</li>
        <li>Shoulders</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <worngraphicPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/ShirtBasic/ShirtBasic</worngraphicPath>
      <layers>
        <li>OnSkin</li>
      </layers>

so you have to make def to overwrite the vanilla pants with the worn texture

keylocke

wow! thanks shinzy. you're my hero.  ;D

yusukenl

Hi, I am very new to modding, and not quite understand the codes posted above.
It would be great if someone could point where I should put those codes in, and how the files structure of the mod should like.
Thanks in advance!!

tiltos

Quote from: keylocke on March 19, 2016, 12:17:16 PM
wow! thanks shinzy. you're my hero.  ;D

Sorry to revive a dead thread @keylocke, but how did you go with this? I'd love to have a look at your source files if possible. I'm keen to do some texture replacement on pawns and it looks like you've done the legwork (pun intented, as you solved the legs issue)

keylocke

hmm.. it's been a long time since i abandoned this project. iirc, my last main snag was coz the weapons moved when shooting at different angles so the gun looks like it's floating rather than being held by the hands. <- this killed my enthusiasm.

as for the legs/pants/skirts/shorts thing, i just used shinzy's awesome apparelo mod as reference, so you should probably download his mod and use that as reference.

tiltos

That's fair. I wonder if Fluffy's moddedhead file is floating around? I couldn't find it in MVP (which is long dead now).

tiltos

Quote from: skullywag on March 16, 2016, 09:58:54 AM

private const string NakedBodyTextureFolderPath = "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/";

public static Graphic GetNakedBodyGraphic(BodyType bodyType, Shader shader, Color skinColor)
{
if (bodyType == BodyType.Undefined)
{
Log.Error("Getting naked body graphic with undefined body type.");
bodyType = BodyType.Male;
}
string str = "Naked_" + bodyType.ToString();
string path = "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Bodies/" + str;
return GraphicDatabase.Get<Graphic_Multi>(path, shader, Vector2.one, skinColor);
}

this.dessicatedGraphic = GraphicDatabase.Get<Graphic_Multi>("Things/Pawn/Humanlike/HumanoidDessicated", ShaderDatabase.Cutout);

private static readonly string[] HeadsFolderPaths = new string[]
{
"Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Heads/Male",
"Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Heads/Female"
};

private static readonly string SkullPath = "Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Heads/None_Average_Skull";

edit - there that should be all you need

Skully can you please give a little context to these snippets? Unfortunately I don't understand C#. I basically just want to allow the game to look at the mod's texture folder for heads and bodies (like it does for most other textures). Thanks!

keylocke

you can use mods like advance bodies (for bodies), change 12 faces (for faces), rimsenal hair (for hair) as references. they will give you the correct filenames/texture paths.

old texture paths are probably outdated.

when i was making my body mod, i just placed it in vanilla folder since i'm not sure about releasing it coz it would have conflict with many clothing/hair mods, and i'm not sure i want the hassle of users complaining to me about it.

but yea, those 3 mods i mentioned above would be good references for custom body/face/hair, apparello mod for the clothing reference.

---

edit : i'm also planning on modding body/clothes/hair again using the style i used for my war orphans mod. i'll do it after i release my furniture/building/wall/floor/terrain/trees/etc.. texture pack. so i can probably help you out more and provide better examples when i start working on that. (coz i lost my PSD files for the custom body with arms/legs when i accidentally deleted old copy of rimworld several months ago)

here's what i got so far for the furniture mod.

the royal bed looks kinda fugly (will probably redo that) and i think i'll turn the hobo bed (sleeping spot) into a sleeping bag instead. will probably be done in around a week. (unless i get lazy again), then i can start doing custom body/hair/clothing mod

tiltos

@keylocke I think that's why you haven't had the issues with the pawn textures - they're all okay in /core, however it gets a bit sketchy when in your own mod. I have bodies working for my Legs mod (turns out image filenames are case sensitive), however I can't get heads to work. So yeah, it's not the image names or paths - I uploaded the full A17 nested textures w/ paths a few days ago.

That said, I'll look into 'change 12 faces' as that might do the trick, thanks!

As for you furniture, it's looking great! Love the concept of having in-style wooden floors.

Fluffy (l2032)

@keylocke; Damn, I love that style you've got going there. Would love seeing that in game!

One concern I do have is that it so different from vanilla, it kindof clashes? E.g. those trees look damn weird in the same 'world' as the floor (which is bloody lovely).

@tiltos; my lil' dll didn't help? You might want to poke in on the modding discord and ask there, there's several people who've been involved in this stuff hanging out there - including me.

tiltos

@fluffy unfortunately I couldn't get your dll working! However, I did a full case-sensitive pass over all files and paths, and that did the trick.

After all that, I'm not sure I'm happy with the style direction I was going with, so put it on hold for a bit :)

Fluffy (l2032)

ah, right - looks like the underlying issue was resolved then. Btw, that dll was never going to work out of the box - it was for A12, and mostly meant to be decompiled and used as a guide.

I quite like the faces actually, but it wouldn't really make sense for pawns to permanently have the same expression - unless you were planning to switch faces for different moods?

Shinzy

They remind me of a mash betweenOxygen not included and Android