[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.1.1

Due to an oversight, some map resources were consumed each time a rerolled map was loaded. This has now been fixed. Kudos to sunwolz for spotting and reporting the problem.
Additionally, arrows pointing to rerolled geysers will now properly expire when the game is paused. I've also added the option to disable them entirely.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Modo44

With multiple mods, if you regenerate the map a couple of times, or try to go past screen ~5 of map previews, Rimworld will crash out to the desktop. Something's leaking.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Modo44 on August 25, 2017, 03:20:51 AM
With multiple mods, if you regenerate the map a couple of times, or try to go past screen ~5 of map previews, Rimworld will crash out to the desktop. Something's leaking.

Crashes are still a thing, since the game runs out of memory after loading several large maps. Remember to save your progress and keep an eye on the task manager if you're rerolling large maps with multiple mods.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

TheGooglator

Hey, I'm having issue's getting this mod to work.
I finally thought I'd got my modlist sorted and then discover this bad boy! lol

Problem:
Mod shows up in mod list; correct version.
Activates but reloads with errors:
(exception loading $hubslibschecker,dll ....),
(Found no usable data when trying to get defs from file Maprerollsettings.xml),
(Could not find type named Mapreroll.building_PirateStash),
(Config error in PirateStash has null thingclass).

Sorry if these errors give away the secret feature ?
Lol

No settings in mod settings and ofc no icon for reroll...

Only mods running (in order) :
Hugslib 3.1.2
MapReroll 2.1.1
Any help greatly appreciated.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: TheGooglator on August 31, 2017, 02:08:48 PM

Hey. Could you publish your log for me? Press Ctrl+F12 when you see the errors and post the link it gives you.
Also, do check that your folder structure is correct- it should look something like Rimworld/Mods/MapReroll/Assemblies/MapReroll.dll

Jibbles

Love the mod.  You should be proud.  :D Great work and thanks for sharing!

TheGooglator

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on August 31, 2017, 10:24:39 PM
Quote from: TheGooglator on August 31, 2017, 02:08:48 PM

Hey. Could you publish your log for me? Press Ctrl+F12 when you see the errors and post the link it gives you.
Also, do check that your folder structure is correct- it should look something like Rimworld/Mods/MapReroll/Assemblies/MapReroll.dll

Hey, I checked my file structure and mod structure and all is fine there. I had an error trying to export the logs (I'm non-steam so not sure if that's an issue) but I will send the error messages to you directly.
I'm actually thinking this may be an issue with my Hugslib. Does Hugslib have a settings option in mod settings? As i'm not seeing either that or the Map reroll settings.

Thanks for the quick reply

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Jibbles on September 01, 2017, 03:55:16 AM
Love the mod.  You should be proud.  :D Great work and thanks for sharing!

I appreciate the kind words :)

Quote from: TheGooglator on September 01, 2017, 08:32:33 AM
Hey, I checked my file structure and mod structure and all is fine there. I had an error trying to export the logs (I'm non-steam so not sure if that's an issue) but I will send the error messages to you directly.
I'm actually thinking this may be an issue with my Hugslib. Does Hugslib have a settings option in mod settings? As i'm not seeing either that or the Map reroll settings.

This is odd.
The publisher is not linked to Steam, so that should not matter. You could send me the full log file without the publisher, though- it's this file: Rimworld/RimWorldWin_Data/output_log.txt
Also, try deleting the $HugsLibChecker.dll file from the MapReroll/Assemblies folder and running the game. It's not essential, but seems to be causing a loading error.
HugsLib may be involved, but I need to take a look at the full log to tell you more.

TheGooglator

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on September 01, 2017, 12:51:01 PM
This is odd.
The publisher is not linked to Steam, so that should not matter. You could send me the full log file without the publisher, though- it's this file: Rimworld/RimWorldWin_Data/output_log.txt
Also, try deleting the $HugsLibChecker.dll file from the MapReroll/Assemblies folder and running the game. It's not essential, but seems to be causing a loading error.
HugsLib may be involved, but I need to take a look at the full log to tell you more.

Hey, I tried what you suggested. Deleting the Hubslibchecker dll seems to have prevented the error from that, but still having the other errors, and mod still does not function.
I will send the log directly to you again.

Thanks for the help pal :)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: TheGooglator on September 02, 2017, 09:49:45 AM
Hey, I tried what you suggested. Deleting the Hubslibchecker dll seems to have prevented the error from that, but still having the other errors, and mod still does not function.
I will send the log directly to you again.

These errors are usually caused by mixing x64 and x86 libraries, but I can't say what the exact cause is in this case. Reinstalling the .net framework may help, but other than that I'm drawing a blank.
Are you having any better luck with other mods?

TheGooglator

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on September 03, 2017, 07:03:48 AM
These errors are usually caused by mixing x64 and x86 libraries, but I can't say what the exact cause is in this case. Reinstalling the .net framework may help, but other than that I'm drawing a blank.

I'll try reinstalling my .net, see if that helps.
I usually play with about 100 mods, and when activating this for the first time, figured it was a mod conflict so tried with just hugs and this.

And my misunderstanding with the hubs lib error, my hugs lib seems to work fine with other mods that require it.

I'll get back to you on the .net results

Thanks again

TheGooglator

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on September 03, 2017, 07:03:48 AM

Unfortunately it hasn't fixed it. Hopefully in a later version it will just... work...
Sometimes its just that way xD. Can't wait to see the mod in action.
Good work and thanks for trying

maculator

This is by far the most usefull thing to have for someone who doesnt use "prepare carefully". I don't like creating the perfect colonists, but generating some usefull colonists just to redo all the work because my map was the worst possible thing that could've happend sucked!
Thank you so much.

Question: I use it with the terraforming mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32192.msg329375#msg329375) and didn't notice any problems so far, I guess. I got the feeling that the prediction image is slightly off, but thats about it.
Can you tell me if the altered map genertor behaviour gets overwritten by map reroll? Wich mod should be loaded first?
Thank you again.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: maculator on September 06, 2017, 05:15:32 AM
This is by far the most usefull thing to have for someone who doesnt use "prepare carefully". I don't like creating the perfect colonists, but generating some usefull colonists just to redo all the work because my map was the worst possible thing that could've happend sucked!
Thank you so much.

Question: I use it with the terraforming mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32192.msg329375#msg329375) and didn't notice any problems so far, I guess. I got the feeling that the prediction image is slightly off, but thats about it.
Can you tell me if the altered map genertor behaviour gets overwritten by map reroll? Wich mod should be loaded first?
Thank you again.

I'm glad you're putting the mod to good use. That's what inspired me to start it in the first place.
As for preview accuracy, it comes at the cost of performance- more mod compatible previews would take several times as long to generate, which is impractical for our purposes. Frankly, I'm glad I was able to add at least some compatibility.
Mod order should not matter, since MR does not add any map generation steps of it's own.

DangitRandy

Hi! Thanks for making Map Reroll, I'm really enjoying it! Usually I play vanilla, but sometimes I want to set up a specific situation. So having more control over the terrain and geysers is very handy.

Would it be possible to add a button to recenter a map around the home area? I keep finding good situations located close to the edge of the map. They would work, but I hate it when raids appear right next to my wall, and also some resources are a long walk away. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a tool to "Recenter Map" around the home area? The tool would delete cells far from home, and generate the same number of cells on the opposite side. In effect, the map edges would move, putting the home area dead center.

I originally put this request in the general forum, but the idea would fit nicely into your mod too.