I want to offload my Art and AI Cores...

Started by dumbshine, April 12, 2016, 04:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumbshine

... and I haven't seen a merchant yet who wants them, 108 days in. Are there still exotic goods traders? All I've seen I think, aside from caravans, are pirate ships and bulk goods traders, and I'm scraping by and want to get rich off AI Persona Cores and Art. I'm in it for the benjamins.

makapse

food and human byproducts are where the real money is

Nickvr628

They will come, but they are rare. I am sitting on two AI cores right now waiting to sell them.

Coenmcj

I sold an AI Core, then proceeded to get no Psychic ships or exotic traders for the rest of my game, and I had decided to build the ship. T_T
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

JimmyAgnt007

Space traders are a lot more rare than they used too be.  They were only ever a stopgap solution until other colonies could be traded with.  If you ever are in desperate need for an AI core though you can turn on dev mode and manually trigger a ship part crash.

Limdood

traders have a "hidden" type exactly the same as the space traders.

if a trader shows up and is willing to buy your prisoners...its a pirate merchant
if a trader shows up with raw veg/meat...its a bulk goods
etc.

Its easy to figure out what they are, but you're still open to RNG whether or not you get a worthwhile trader.

I think the merchants should have a bit more overlap in their provided/purchased goods, the RNG can be pretty brutal....losing a colony to a Zzzzt wiping out all your food in your freezer, or a mega raid can be interesting.  Having a colony slowly dwindle while you sit on 4 stockpiles of clothes and weapons and a few AI cores as you starve or desperately need metal doesn't feel interesting.