[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Dellamorte

I have been using ED-PoweredVent, ED-ClosableVent and ReverseCycleCooler since a15 dropped and all have been working fine for me.

Chrysander

First off thanks for updating for α15. ED-Embrasures 03.00.00 throws up debug info about being developed for an unknown game version on startup, though. I'll see if it still works (I hope!!).

Jdalt40

Probably just forgot to add in the about.xml or there is a typo :)

Chrysander

TargetVersion is still 0.15.1280. :)

Edit: I am a total and utter fool. Please ignore. The version is still 0.15.1280 but that doesn't matter. It was my fault...

Seikikai

Can You Release An Animal Personal Shield Version For A14 Compatible With Pet Follow?

Jaxxa

Quote from: Dellamorte on September 08, 2016, 03:07:35 AM
I have been using ED-PoweredVent, ED-ClosableVent and ReverseCycleCooler since a15 dropped and all have been working fine for me.

Glad they are working. They have not officially been updated, but it sounds like there were no changes around them so it still works.

Quote from: Chrysander on September 08, 2016, 12:47:13 PM

Edit: I am a total and utter fool. Please ignore. The version is still 0.15.1280 but that doesn't matter. It was my fault...

Glad you figured it out.

Quote from: Seikikai on September 08, 2016, 03:10:05 PM
Can You Release An Animal Personal Shield Version For A14 Compatible With Pet Follow?

No Idea. Still have a number of mods I want to update first.

Dont know How Pet Follow works so I could not tell you if it is possible.
I may look into it later. Do you know if the source code is available for that mod?

Seikikai

Quote from: Jaxxa on September 08, 2016, 08:56:45 PM
Quote from: Seikikai on September 08, 2016, 03:10:05 PM

No Idea. Still have a number of mods I want to update first.

Dont know How Pet Follow works so I could not tell you if it is possible.
I may look into it later. Do you know if the source code is available for that mod?

Seems That Isn't Avaliable But I Can Ask To The Modder If You Want.
The Problem With The Mods Sems That Pet Follow Use The Pawn Class While Animal Shields Create A New Animal Class Instead Rewritting The Original Class.

JudgeArcher

hi, i wanted to ask if yout planning updating safe traps and 24h growing in A15. my pawns have this quirk running over traps that are right before the spawnzone and while they gather the last berrys out there.

if you have a plan for adding some new traps i had some ideas for missing traps in vanilla game. ;)

Btw Great work  ;D

Jdalt40

24hr growing depends on CCL, so Jaxxa will probably have no control over when it will be updated

ninjawaffulz

Quote from: Chrysander on September 08, 2016, 12:47:13 PM

How did you fix it then?????
Edit: you're supposed to take the mod folder out again  8)

Jaxxa

Updated:
* ED-ShieldsBasic_02.00.01
* ED-LaserDrill_03.00.00
* ED-ReverseCycleCooler_03.00.00

14m1337

Hello Jaxxa,

I've just been raided by ~60 tribespeople and noticed, that the embrasures seem to provide no cover.
As far as many people use the mod, and nobody noticed that before, maybe I'm doing something wrong here.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Eruga

14m1337, the embassures are not supposed to provide cover. its basicly a high fence with small holes, melee cant get through them, but ranged can shoot hrough, both your side and the opponents.
If you want cover from fire put down some sandbags on the "inner" side.

Ps. Im still looking forward for the subspace transponder update.

14m1337

sandbag cover-providing variable: <fillPercent>0.65</fillPercent>
embrasure cpv: <fillPercent>0.70</fillPercent>

conclusion: the embrasure should really do the covering job better than the sandbags. maybe all my enemy tribesmen were damn lucky with their bows and pilas

the subspace transponder works fine in A15. just edit about.xml: the line containing "<targetVersion>" should for example look like this: "<targetVersion>0.15.1279</targetVersion>"
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Jaxxa

Embrasures used to provide nearly Total Coverage <fillPercent>0.99</fillPercent>

That was generally thought to be too overpowered to I was reduced to the same amount as sandbags, it looks like sandbags were increased by .05 since A14