[A15] PetFollow - Better control of your trained pets (V 1.3.2)

Started by Hatti, August 15, 2016, 06:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatti

PetFollow - Better control of your pets

Description:

Are you annoyed that your trained pets follow their masters everywhere they go in dangerous situations?
Do your pets get killed by friendly fire and drives your colonist crazy and into berserk?

Better control your pets!

With this mod, you are able to designate trained pets if they should follow their master if they are drafted and/or on a hunt.
Pets wont waste usefull hauling time with wandering in front of their masters gun anymore.

Even if your pet handler is going to tame a dangerous animal, already trained pets can be designated to follow their master and defend him.

How? how? how???

You have three possible ways to do so.

Only pets who are trained ( Obedience trained ) and have a master can be assigned.

• In the animal tab

• By selecting your pet

• In the architect -> order menu

Fluffy's Animal Tab

This mod is compatible with Fluffy's Animal Tab ( BIG thanks for making it possible! ) you just need to ensure to load his Animal Tab after PetFollow in the Modorder menu

Compability
No issues with other mods known (except ones that modify the animal tab (except Fluffy´s Animal Tab). See below)
The animal tab is only optional and not necessary, cause you have 3 options to designate your pets.
If you have another mod which alters the animal tab, you can define by mod order which animal tab you want.

Author
Hatti

Download
Dropbox
Steam Workshop

Older versions
A14 (Required CCL 0.14.x)

Changelog

V 1.3.2 03.09.16
- A15c update

V 1.3.1 28.08.16
- Minor fix with icon loading after mod change without game restart

V 1.3.0 28.08.16
- A15 update
- Removed CCL dependency
- Changed how the PetFollow options are saved on a pet (before: designations, now: CompProperties) which fixes a bug in A15 that pets with a PetFollow designation turned into white boxes

V 1.2.1
- Fixed bug that pets ignore area restrictions if they should not follow their master while he is drafted

V 1.2.0
- Added new option to set animals to follow their master if the master is on taming job
- Fixed issues with vanilla animal tab width
- Fixed some code issues

V 1.1.1
- Fixed some issues with labels and descriptions

V 1.1
- Removed usage of animal thinktree. The thinkNode for determing if pet should follow is detoured now.
- Fixed bad code paths, cause now i know how to do it better.
- Removed the "Cancel" option from designations. Now the gizmos are real toggle options.
- Used a other Preview image (which causes a larger mod archive)

V 1.0
- Initial release.

How to install:

Non Steam:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Special credits and thanks:

Authors from CCL for some nice code snippets

kaptain_kavern

Awesome ! Thanks a lot. I really wish someone ending up doing this!

Permission to point users of my shitty mod (Stay!) to use your instead, please? As your is clearly way better/more elegant.

Hatti

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 15, 2016, 07:44:03 PM

Permission to point users of my shitty mod (Stay!) to use your instead, please? As your is clearly way better/more elegant.

Sure you can. I appreciate that. Thanks!

Exende

does this mean that I can't use Fluffy's animal tab because of this? :/

Raf's

Quote from: Exende on August 15, 2016, 08:55:05 PM
does this mean that I can't use Fluffy's animal tab because of this? :/
The animal tab as added in the vanila game in the 14 update it's not exclusive of this mod (i am a bit salty since i can't change the animals name in that tab)

Chibisuke

The Allow and Disallow button texture seems to be reversed. Selecting Pet shows a cross over the follow on hunt and on draft but it's actually enabled to follow.

CJoker3221

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: CJoker3221 on August 15, 2016, 10:30:09 PM
Is this compatible with Fluffy's animal tab I wonder..
Quote from: Hatti on August 15, 2016, 06:39:23 PM
Compability
The animal tab is only optional and not necessary. If you have another mod which alters the animal tab, you can define by mod order which animal tab you want.

Meaning that you put the one you want to keep in last in mod order

CJoker3221

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 15, 2016, 11:09:02 PM
Compability
The animal tab is only optional and not necessary. If you have another mod which alters the animal tab, you can define by mod order which animal tab you want.

Ah alright, so Fluffy's at the bottom then, gotcha. Thanks for that :D

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Hatti on August 15, 2016, 07:52:40 PM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 15, 2016, 07:44:03 PM

Sure you can. I appreciate that. Thanks!

Done and done;)

123nick

hey, is this compatible with fluffys animal tab? they both change the animal tab.

biship

@Hatti, your changes remove the 3 hooks added by CCL: "CCL Insertion hook for modders" from Animal.xml.
I don't know the impact, or if you should add it to your version, of if it wasn't used anyway.

Hatti

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 15, 2016, 11:09:02 PM
Compability

thank you, for pointing that out:)

Quote from: 123nick on August 16, 2016, 10:26:41 AM
hey, is this compatible with fluffys animal tab? they both change the animal tab.

please see above. if you use fluffys animal tab, add it after my mod. you will have fluffys animal tab but without my changes to the tab itself. so you can only use the other 2 options to designate your pets

Quote from: biship on August 16, 2016, 10:48:11 AM
@Hatti, your changes remove the 3 hooks added by CCL: "CCL Insertion hook for modders" from Animal.xml.
I don't know the impact, or if you should add it to your version, of if it wasn't used anyway.

i used the vanilla animal tab. so if ccl modified it, its likly that any changes and hooks added to the animaltab are lost.
i will look into it and change it if needed