[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

joaonunes

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 01, 2016, 06:46:19 AM
Q: I noticed that the A14 version of ED-Shields had a compatibility patch for Combat Realism. So, I was wondering: Will the A15 version of ED-Shields need some sort of patch to work with Combat Realism? Is it currently incompatible?

I dont recall the shields having a compat patch, but I do remember something similar about the ED-Embrasures
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Adalah217

Not sure if it's been asked already or not, but is there any way to port colonists over to a new map, like in the stargate mod, for A15? I was looking into just copying over the character from the save file, but I haven't really tried it yet. I know I could do prepare carefully, but it's tedious.

Edit: It's very easy to copy and paste pawns over via savefile editing. Might be bugs though.

Thundercraft

Quote from: joaonunes on December 01, 2016, 11:14:36 AM
...I dont recall the shields having a compat patch, but I do remember something similar about the ED-Embrasures

:-\ But it's right there:

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:45:22 AM
ED-Shields:
...[snip]
Patches:
Combat Realism (A14):
https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-Shields-CR/releases

joaonunes

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 12, 2016, 12:00:16 PM
Quote from: joaonunes on December 01, 2016, 11:14:36 AM
...I dont recall the shields having a compat patch, but I do remember something similar about the ED-Embrasures

:-\ But it's right there:

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:45:22 AM
ED-Shields:
...[snip]
Patches:
Combat Realism (A14):
https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-Shields-CR/releases

humm... Thanks for pointing it out.
Doest it have any .dll files? If yes then it will probably need an A15 CR update first, if it's just xml files it should work, it won't hurt to try anyways :P

Jaxxa

I have not tested it but If CR is still working the way it did the previous Alpha it will need a new patch.

With A16 coming out real soon / now do people still care for an A15 CR patch?
If so post a link to the CR that everyone is using and I will look into making a new patch.

joaonunes

Quote from: Jaxxa on December 12, 2016, 05:04:11 PM
I have not tested it but If CR is still working the way it did the previous Alpha it will need a new patch.

If so post a link to the CR that everyone is using and I will look into making a new patch.

People want an A15 update because CR is one of the biggest mods around, changes a lot of stuff and for some people (me included) it is an essential mod for this game, and Soon™ is a very vague word that has no precise meaning... Soon can either be 3 months or 1 week...

Thundercraft

Quote from: joaonunes on December 12, 2016, 05:59:07 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on December 12, 2016, 05:04:11 PM

People want an A15 update because CR is one of the biggest mods around, changes a lot of stuff and for some people (me included) it is an essential mod for this game...

I really do want to use CR. However, it seems the only CR available for A15 is a "test release" that lacks CCL, is rather buggy, and has proven incompatible or difficult to use with several popular mods. Myself, I'm about ready to start a new game. And I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want to deal with the issues of the current CR or if I should just wait for it to get updated for A16 (hopefully with less headaches).

Quote from: joaonunes on December 12, 2016, 05:59:07 PM...Soon™ is a very vague word that has no precise meaning... Soon can either be 3 months or 1 week...

Granted. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see A16 released right around Christmas. Once A16 hits, will there be much interest in maintaining mods for A15? (Myself, I think I will continue using A15 for a while, though.)

joaonunes

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 12, 2016, 06:59:22 PM
I really do want to use CR. However, it seems the only CR available for A15 is a "test release" that lacks CCL, is rather buggy, and has proven incompatible or difficult to use with several popular mods. Myself, I'm about ready to start a new game. And I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want to deal with the issues of the current CR or if I should just wait for it to get updated for A16 (hopefully with less headaches).
And this is the reason I'm not using CR right now. It works, poorly, but I want the other mods as well to work properly, so I have to take away the "bad apple"...

Granted. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see A16 released right around Christmas. Once A16 hits, will there be much interest in maintaining mods for A15?
It would be awesome if it happens, and yeah, there is the feeling that some mod developers are waiting for A16 before updating anything CCL related.

(Myself, I think I will continue using A15 for a while, though.)
This... I have actually completely skipped A14, went from A13 straight to A15 :P I had the perfect mod composition and an awesome colony I wanted to mess with first, and eventually when I finished my A13 gameplay A15 was being announced, so I waited a bit before jumping into a new version.

metheviewer

Hi all, long time player and lurker, don't really post or request.

The embrasures mod has become an essential part of any playthrough for me. It's the only balanced solution I've found for the large amount of enemies spawned at later levels, apart from elaborate wooden mazes with lots of doors and incendiaries at all entrances.

I love this mod, and am really enjoying alpha 16 - but it's missing something important - embrasures.

Any news on an update?

Jaxxa

I plan to have some of the mods updated soon (before the end of this weekend), this includes the Embrasures mod.

Not certain what other mods I will update and in what order.
If you have any specific mods you want to see updated let me know and I may bump it up the list.

Hydromancerx

Thundercraft

harpo99999

metheviewer

Quote from: Jaxxa on December 21, 2016, 05:18:08 PM
I plan to have some of the mods updated soon (before the end of this weekend), this includes the Embrasures mod.

Not certain what other mods I will update and in what order.
If you have any specific mods you want to see updated let me know and I may bump it up the list.

Hi Jaxxa,

Just to let you know, I'm using the A15 embrasures mod synched with the steam workshop and so far no problems encountered.

Thanks!

hentiger

Preapologize about my linguistic skills. I live in non-english speak world... My word choice and writing skills would be awful