[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

lagkill

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 21, 2016, 07:20:49 PM
Glad you like them :)

Good news and Bad news about the Stargate.

Good news is that it should be Released Tonight / Tomorrow. Bad news is that it looks to not play nice with the new Social Relationships system, they are lost after travelling through the Gate, and with how the saves are working I dont know that it is fixable.

Were you able to get it fixed?

Nanao-kun

I've noticed that shots at targets within the Shield hit the shield itself. Sometimes shots technically going out of the shield also hit the shield somehow.

EDIT: Taking a closer look, aiming in the general direction of the center of the shield while a sandbag is in the way or something seems to be the cause.

Plasmatic

Just wanted to mention your original post links Omnigel twice, where one should be the transponder :)

jackarbiter

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 23, 2016, 12:37:11 AM
Just wanted to mention your original post links Omnigel twice, where one should be the transponder :)

I was wondering why it linked it twice, and when I found the transponder I was like "this is awesome! I don't remember this being linked anywhere!" Probably the coolest mod since everyone says space traders are so rare.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

pauloman

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 22, 2016, 05:35:56 PM
I've noticed that shots at targets within the Shield hit the shield itself. Sometimes shots technically going out of the shield also hit the shield somehow.

EDIT: Taking a closer look, aiming in the general direction of the center of the shield while a sandbag is in the way or something seems to be the cause.

Jep, I have the same issue!

Cabraca

i would love it if your cycle cooler had the look from better cooleres mod the standart cooler are so ugly

Serorin38

The plant24h system by editing the xml Can I adapt to other mods plants?

Delk

Ingame the Omnigel mod implies it needs ED-Core which is not on the list. Seems to load fine without errors though?

Cabraca

i tried it so hard but i cant combine the textures from better coolers mod with this mod .-/ https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0

Jaxxa

Quote from: MisterVertigo on April 22, 2016, 01:47:04 PM
Quote from: hector212121 on April 22, 2016, 11:17:13 AM
I'm saying to have seperate AND together, though. Update each individually, but also the pack.
Ah gotcha. That is a good idea!
A nice idea in theory, but adds one more thing that I have to keep updated, I may put up a download with everything in it after I am not updating the mods as often.

Quote from: lagkill on April 22, 2016, 05:18:07 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on April 21, 2016, 07:20:49 PM
Glad you like them :)

Good news and Bad news about the Stargate.

Good news is that it should be Released Tonight / Tomorrow. Bad news is that it looks to not play nice with the new Social Relationships system, they are lost after travelling through the Gate, and with how the saves are working I dont know that it is fixable.

Were you able to get it fixed?
Unfortunately not. I had a warning in the about text that I have now added to the forum post.

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 23, 2016, 01:04:23 AM
Quote from: Plasmatic on April 23, 2016, 12:37:11 AM

I was wondering why it linked it twice, and when I found the transponder I was like "this is awesome! I don't remember this being linked anywhere!" Probably the coolest mod since everyone says space traders are so rare.

Thanks for reporting, Fixed the name now. And glad you like the mod. I found a slight bug with it not going onto cooldown after calling a ship that I will fix soon.

Quote from: pauloman on April 23, 2016, 05:46:19 AM

I don't quite understand what is happening / have not been able to replicate this.
Can you please post screenshots of what you are doing to have this happen and what you expect to happen in that situation.

Quote from: Cabraca on April 23, 2016, 08:52:33 AM
i would love it if your cycle cooler had the look from better cooleres mod the standart cooler are so ugly

Depends on the permissions of that mod and how hard it would be to implement, but I will look into it.

Quote from: Delk on April 23, 2016, 10:42:22 AM
Ingame the Omnigel mod implies it needs ED-Core which is not on the list. Seems to load fine without errors though?
That is just an error in the description that I must have forgot to take out while removing the dependency, the mod should work fine still, I will fix it in the next release.

Quote from: Serorin38 on April 23, 2016, 10:13:55 AM
The plant24h system by editing the xml Can I adapt to other mods plants?

Yes, you will need to make certain that plant24h is loaded before the other mod in the load order and then in the XML of each plant replace     <thingClass>Plant</thingClass> with     <thingClass>Enhanced_Development.Plants24H.Plant</thingClass>

This will change plants in existing maps but should change new plants on existing maps.

Hanarck

is the Autoloader able to work whit regular mortar? because i can't make it work whit it, if its not suppose, ok, if not, i have a mod conflicting or its bugged.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 23, 2016, 09:15:25 PM
Quote from: pauloman on April 23, 2016, 05:46:19 AM

I don't quite understand what is happening / have not been able to replicate this.
Can you please post screenshots of what you are doing to have this happen and what you expect to happen in that situation.

Well here, I have Keuneke attacking a sandbag indicated by the white dot. The light around him is the flash from him firing the gun. The only result however, was that the shield took the hit and lost energy.

Here's another image, this time closer to the center of the shield. The shield still took the hit.

And another, except no sandbag in the way. Shield took the hit again.

Here, I have him attacking the limestone wall outside the shield, which works fine.

I also noticed that if Block Direct is disabled, it works... but that lets in shots from outside the shield too, so yeah. Toggling Block Indirect doesn't change anything either.

Admittedly, this means I don't have to worry about friendly fire when melee attackers come in. In the same way I can avoid friendly fire by not giving them weapons in the first place. :P

hoochy

Thanks for these mods Jaxxa they are truly great, most of them should be core game stuff, 24 hour plants, omnigel, to name some. Having zero way to be self sufficient on a map kills the base game.

Loomis503

i am getting an error when i try to load the Subspace Transponder in A13. The in game console spits red errors lines at me when i activate the mod.

Eruga

I noticed something interesting about the subspace transponder: once its fully charged, and you still turn power toggle off, you can instaspam the call ship without waiting for the recharge. it goes transmiting 0, than a ship pops up, and the transponder remains fully charged with no downtime. Since if you have power toggle on theres a countdown and you have to recharge this didint seem intentional.

I also really like your mods btw. Very functional without normally breaking the game too much.

Also any chance of the plant-24 mod getting a vegtable garden patch?